The little things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
It's the little things that make life worth living.

What are, in your opinion, those 'little things'?

The evening air?
Clouds that look like stuff?
A smile from a stranger?
Waking up early, only to find that you can roll over and sleep more?

I thought I'd make a nice thread, to see what little things people value.

(Also, please have some sort reason for your answer, I don't want this to turn into a one line each, thread game style thing)

Verscha

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Oh man, that is bliss.

I'm not sure if you'd consider it a little thing, but I love sunny weather. The way everything looks so much more vibrant and colourful just makes life seem that little bit better. That little more liveable. :p

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Realizing there is no school, especially if it's unexpected

Eating your favorite food

Money

Getting compliments that you don't expect

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
Friends, though they aren't little to me.

Ace

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
A snow day. I just love to wake up and find a foot of fresh snow on the ground. The world just seems to stop and be so tranquil and peaceful, if only for a few hours until the plow makes its rounds. Thankfully here in the mountains, I get to experience that a lot.

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Ermm... I think about things like this all the time. Since I'm feeling a bit lazy, here is a couple paragraphs from my blog that sum it up a bit.

I went for coffee with my buddy. I left about 3am, and while I was riding my bike home at about 5am, the sun was starting to come up. And sometimes, you just get those days where everything is absolutely beautiful. I was looking up at the sky, and I could see the sun starting to peek through, the sky going from a dark, to a bright blue, with little specs of light. The trees were swaying ever-so gently in the wind, the leaves twitching a bit. There were dew drops on the leaves, the bark looked moist and healthy, the grass around the bottom wet and vibrant. The wind was hitting my face as I peddled on home, throwing my hair behind my face, strands whipping my neck as I continued on.

By the time I got home I could see the flowers in my front yard perking up, ready for the day. The green, purple, pink, yellow and orange all mixing together beautifully. A few ants scurried across the wood and away from the moist, rich, dark brown soil. It was absolutely beautiful. I saw the most insignificant things, things that I see every single day, and it was absolutely gorgeous. I wanted to touch everything, feel it, smell it, embrace it.

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
It's weird to describe, but ever since I was diagnosed with Diabetes in grade 8, those feelings have dulled. I still enjoy the fresh breeze and such, but the sensation isn't as real as it was when I was, say, 12.

For me it's canoeing on a calm lake, just after dinner when the sun is setting...or laying on a field on a warm (not crazy hot) day - with just the right amount of wind :)

M

maddi

The laughter of my kids, the smell of bread baking, the smell and feel of fall and the ocean.

teddy564339

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur

I hate to sound like a broken record, but this one combined with the feeling of snuggling my teddy is an awesome feeling. I just feel so cozy and relaxed and nice...it's really cool.

Also, when I hear a really good song on a beautiful day...it just gets me motivated and makes me feel like life is so awesome.

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
I would have to say the one little thing that I love is when I walk outside in the morning or late evening and you just have the perfect temp were it's not hot or cold it's so peacefull and I love that feeling and what makes it really special is I can only experiance days like that maybe 5 times a year.

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Having all my buddies around a fire at night, just picking at my guitar, looking at the stars and talking about the future. That is bliss, my friends. When you're surrounded by the best people of your life during a summer holiday, thinking about all the cool stuff to come.

Liz Lil Secret

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent
The way it smells right after it rains...

A smile on a child's face...

Snow on Christmas Eve...

A really great book...

Mandy

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
today while it was raining it was dark and gray and yucky but i could see a rainbow
and it was beautiful.....

satyrical

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
Being in nature, surrounded by trees or grass.

Walking on a deserted street long after the sun has set.

The leaves changing colour.

The first real snowfall/the first warm day after a long winter.

A million stars in a summer night's sky.

Getting a real, strong hug from someone, especially a little kid (I'm a camp counselor, and it's such a great feeling)

Playing hockey.

Mandy

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
yeah i know these are mostly theatre related.........

Watching the curtain go down for the last time listening to the applause

Hearing the audience laugh from backstage

Listing to little kids awe at the scene changes

Learning to do something new and putting that knowledge to good use

someone asking you for help/teaching someone to do something

Your heart being crushed for not making a improv team you have wanted for 5 years to be cuddled all day and find out your friends truely care about you

Eating IHOP (breakfast) at 2 a.m.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I love my first morning coffee, and a day when I can stay home and read the morning newspaper. Walking the dog late and night and hearing an owl, or seeing a deer standing silently and watching us. I love a day at the ocean and smelling the salt air, hearing the seagulls. It brings back so many memories when I was little and slept over in my aunt's and uncle's beach home.

I love listening to my stereo and matching the music I play to what ever mood I'm in. Will it be Beethoven or Sarah McClaughlen? I mostly love it when my son or daughter come to visit and we go for a walk around the block. Maybe the quality of our lives is measured in all these little things which bring us immeasurable pleasure!

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
playing music with people. i don't think there's anything that makes me happier than being a part of a jam session, and it's a high that lasts all day. it's a deeper connection than any words can ever create. i pretty much make it my mission in life to spend as much time as i possibly can playing music with people.

walking through my town and feeling that i truly belong here. sometimes when i'm on my way home after work or after hanging out with friends i get to the part where i'm walking alongside puget sound and i just overflow with happiness that i live in such a beautiful place with such wonderful people.

liloneinmymind

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Being away from my mom ^.^ and my oldest brother
Getting to see a special some one *giggles*
Being my self!

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
Being in a boat going fast over the water and feeling the water in your face and everything. I guess that one is a better example of something small then my previous one.

Status
Not open for further replies.