The last time you were in a crib as a kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kennyrallen

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
Do you remember the last time you wer in a crib as a kid>

Mine would be twice when I was 6

The one time at home, I was sick and for some reason mine and my brothers room was tore up If I remember right my parents were putting up new paneling. But I was sick so my mom had lay down in my sister crib.

The other time was when I was in the hospital and in the children's ward they had in a hospital crib. That would be the first time I seen older kids in diapers.

BabyDenise

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
My last time in a crib was also in a hospital. I think I was six or seven.

L

littlelodgewrecker

i was made to sleep in what was called a "hollywood bed" (much like a crib but with half-sides) until about age seven as i wet the bed most every night i think. the bed wetting didn't stop after that, i just out grew the bloody bed. and i also learned how to hide it and was shamed into doing so....

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
i was made to sleep in what was called a "hollywood bed" (much like a crib but with half-sides) until about age seven as i wet the bed most every night i think. the bed wetting didn't stop after that, i just out grew the bloody bed. and i also learned how to hide it and was shamed into doing so....

Ha, you have brought back memories. I had a Hollywood bed, because I remember my parents calling it that. I don't remember the sides however, so maybe they could be detached. I remember having the thick plastic sheet on the mattress, but I think they called it an oil skin, back in the day. The bed also had an upholstered headboard, though I think it was vinyl.

Oddly enough, I think I can remember being in a crib, and actually being diapered, because I can remember my mom telling me to quit squirming or I'd get stuck by the diaper pin. Amazing, huh?

kennyrallen

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent

May bed wetting started about when I was 12, at 14 I started to hide it. I was tired of being called lazy, even a few spankings a long the way. No kids should be make to feel a shamed of something they have no control over.

WBxx

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little

Don’t know that they’re still made, but I slept in what was called a Youth Bed till dry at night. It was somewhat shorter and narrower (Google says 33” X 66”) than a standard twin bed with guard rails. The rails extended eight or so inches above the mattress and ran only for a couple feet at the foot and head of the bed to prevent rolling out.

L

littlelodgewrecker

Ha, you have brought back memories. I had a Hollywood bed, because I remember my parents calling it that. I don't remember the sides however, so maybe they could be detached. I remember having the thick plastic sheet on the mattress, but I think they called it an oil skin, back in the day. The bed also had an upholstered headboard, though I think it was vinyl.

Oddly enough, I think I can remember being in a crib, and actually being diapered, because I can remember my mom telling me to quit squirming or I'd get stuck by the diaper pin. Amazing, huh?
i had forgot all about that stinky rubber sheet until you reminded me, DogBoy.....
my mother thought by leaving me to lie in the cold wet puddle i would learn to stop i think. and that rubber sheet was good at keeping one wet and cold. but i will never forget the night that my Father came in and with out saying a word, got me out of bed, took the wet sleepers off of me and whill i was standing there; un-tucked the the other end of the bed (the foot of the bed) and put me in that end and tucked me in and then went back to bed Himself..... needless to say it was warm and dry and ever so comfy. and i slept the rest of the night away.
and so started my life-long love/hate-affair with my Father, and all "Daddy-Types". when i look back on it it's hard for me to fathom, but that one event formed what has been my emotional and sexual attraction to Dominant protective men my whole life. the special bonding that i shared with my Father are the thing that look for in others before i will trust or submit to their authority in my life.....

May bed wetting started about when I was 12, at 14 I started to hide it. I was tired of being called lazy, even a few spankings a long the way. No kids should be make to feel a shamed of something they have no control over.
from what i have read, a lot of bed wetting in young kids starts as a result of abuse....

Don’t know that they’re still made, but I slept in what was called a Youth Bed till dry at night. It was somewhat shorter and narrower (Google says 33” X 66”) than a standard twin bed with guard rails. The rails extended eight or so inches above the mattress and ran only for a couple feet at the foot and head of the bed to prevent rolling out.
yup!
that sounds like a hollywood bed to me....
my little brother got to sleep in a big bed while i was put in the little hollywood bed in order to shame me out of bed-wetting. in all truth, my mother didn't want to admit her own culpability in my bed-wetting. but that is another story.....

Last edited by a moderator:

wetatnight

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
the last time i slept in a crib was at age 3 or 4 I can't remember exactly
does anybody have pictures of a Hollywood bed, I never heard of one before they sound cool.

L

littlelodgewrecker

the last time i slept in a crib was at age 3 or 4 I can't remember exactly
does anybody have pictures of a Hollywood bed, I never heard of one before they sound cool.

some pictures (examples) of what were called hollywood beds when i was growing up. they were a bit hard to find and in one case, i had to redact the image of a person out of one of the pictures as per ADISC rules.... but all-in-all, these are an example of the youth or hollywood beds of the 50's and before.....

View attachment 17986View attachment 17987View attachment 17988
View attachment 17989
View attachment 17990

Frogsy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
My parents replaced my crib with a bed on my 3rd birthday. I remember that day. My mom was putting the bed together and doing the sheets and trying to tell me how I was a big girl now, hehe. I do not think I felt upset or anything, not that I can remember. I just remember kind of not caring and/or being confused. She did something really smart, though. Before she left the room she put a few children's books on top of the bed and so naturally I got right up on the bed to read them. So I never had any crib-desires and still don't care much about that aspect of being ABDL.

KimbaFoxNatsume

Pokemon Trainer in, err, Training... Pants
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
I have a 1974 Sears catalogue, and a Hollywood bed is completely different from a youth bed. The Hollywood bed is basically a twin bed that included all the pieces (headboard, mattress, etc.) while the youth bed is smaller with short rails that start by the headboard.

allen

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I was in one till age 7 with my wetting problems and hospital stays.

StrawberryRaven

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
I never actually remember being in a crib. I just remember having to have these temporary bars on my bed (ones you could take off really easily) when I was 5-6 because I used to fall out of the bed all the time.

BabyToddler

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
Maybe up to 2 years old but I can't remember. That was back in 1977 a long time ago.

Raymie

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I remember I must have been about 3 and climbing out of my crib then going to my sister's room (one 4 year older and one 1 year younger than me) and letting the side of my little sister's crib down so she could get out.

Cauthon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
I don't remember a crib, but I do remember falling out of my bed quite often when I was 3-4.

CodyBaby

Preschooler
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Since I have severe asthma when I was younger, I had many asthma attacks that sometimes made me visit hospitals, I remember I was 11 or 12 actually and I was admitted into the pediatric ward, and all they had left was a youth bed (not a crib, actually but a special bed for younger ones) I think the size was barely 52" long inside, I can remember this because my feet were touching the panel of the bed, this youth bed had high rise sides, not tall like a crib, but taller than a standard bed rail, only detail I remember is that when I was sitting up in the bed, I could barely see on top of the rails, but if I would have standup, I wouldn't had any problems getting out of it. That's one of my latest memory, I also know for a fact that until I was around 6 or 7, I had to sleep in a playpen a few times at my grandma house, I was pretty small so the fit was comfortable (it was one of those old playpen, not made of wood but metal and plastic with mesh around that was like a volleyball net, it was square sized, I think its still somewhere at my grandma house, I think there's a bunch of old plushies and blankies in it, perhaps even one of my younger brother pacifier somewhere in it, would have to try to dig it down somewhere, I wouldn't be surprised if it was in our old room there (its now a stocking room with piles of junk and stuff that my grandma doesn't want to get rid off)

LittleWolfCub

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
Yesterday :)

My mate bought me a regular sized baby crib for our anniversary and I love to sleep in it when I can. Its a little small but its fine for taking an hour nap or just to cub out for a bit :)

BlueGrey

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
I think I was 5, not long before starting school. I remember thinking my twin bed was sooo big. I was smaller than average, and was not a planned child, so they just kept putting it off.

Night training was terrible. As a toddler, I was spanked and made to stand in a cold shower when I woke up wet. As said by another previously in this thread, no kid should be put through this.

Flobaby

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
The last time I was in a crib was in the hospital when I was 7. The crib was blue and the reason I remember it so vividly was because My brother and I were in together getting our tonsils taken out and I can remember holding onto the bars as the nurse was giving me a shot in the backside before the surgery. One thing I always wondered was that same year I was back in the hospital for a hernia operation and my uncle was visiting me. I had an accident while he was there and yet they didn't put me in a diaper. Always wished they had even if it meant me being embarrassed in front of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.