• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

The "Idiot Box"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triforceformer

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
What do you really think of tv now? Ever since reality tv became popular and most GOOD cartoons were taken down, i don't really care for it.

Mitsukuni

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Sissy
I know what you mean, man. Ahh, Real Monsters!, Rocko's Modern Life, Power Puff Girls, all that crap is gone, so is the boob tube.
--Evan

MarcusBear

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Diaperfur, , Carer
T.V. still airs damn good shows once in a while (Lost, The Wire, House). Having said that I prefer to wait for the complete season DVDs.

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur,
MSNBC every day, all the time... West Wing, Heroes, 24, Deadwood, The Wire, Lost, CNN to chuckle at, FOX news to ROTFL, BBC World, and all the good-for-you PBS shows: Frontline, NOW, Charlie Rose

Happy times. Oh - and Canada's own Daily Planet, and its foreign imitations http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daily_Planet_(television_series)

TV is doing fine

Priest has excellent taste in TV programming

Kams

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur
I know what you mean, man. Ahh, Real Monsters!, Rocko's Modern Life, Power Puff Girls, all that crap is gone, so is the boob tube.
--Evan
Yeah, these were the best shows on T.V. back in the day. I feel bad for the kids growing up nowadays because the good channels like Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon have become garbage.

F

Falkio

Clark Howard, Futureweapons, and 24 are good shows. Reality TV just sucks nowadays! Truthfully, I don't really keep up with whats on. I have so much to do this semester that I'm either studying, Scouting, or on ADISC. I love movies though.

Wall-E is pretty cute, so watch it if you ever get the chance!

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur,
Reality contest shows can be good, American Idol, So You Think You Can Dance, Amazing Race. Many quasi-documentary ones are good. But I have no time for Big Brother, Biggest Loser (weight loss) and the ilk. No opinion on cartoons.

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur
I never was a big T.V. person. I do watch occasionally, but when I do, it bores me to tears. I'd rather buy the DVDs I like and watch those whenever I please.

WildThing121675

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Carer
For me, I just mostly watch old reruns and stay the hell away from reality TV cause all it is mostly people making complete jackasses of themselves. I watch CNN, Weather Channel, MLB Network, and whatever baseball game I find. I admit I spend a lot on DVDs because I can't stand TV these days.

As for cartoons today, only one I watch is SpongeBob cause he cracks me up for some reason.

As for me, I prefer all the older cartoons from the 80s, now THAT was a good decade for TV.

WildThing121675

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
I stopped watching tv a long time ago, except for Lost of course. Once that show is finsihed, I'll never have to turn on a television again.

Turn on the boob tube, I'm in the mood to obey.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I'm a t.v. idiot! I agree that most of the reality shows are crap. They're cheap to make, so we get too many of them. Wait until the summer, when the shows that you like will either be on vacation, or just re-runs, and all that's on is reality nonsense. I like the weird shows like Fringe, and those kinds. I also like CSIs, Dr. Who, and scary movies. My poor wife, though she like the weird if it's good. She too likes Fringe. Anyway, I feel your pain.

I too liked some of the older cartoons, but they have all become way too tame.

Hans

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
I don't really pay attention to tv at all anymore.. in high school my tv habits were always the news and Jeopardy.. then my dad got a job working for the local cable provider=super discounted premium cable and m tv habits became surfing whatever movie was on HBO/SHOtime?CineMAX/etc.

Now in college I watch virtually no tv.. If I do, it's because my roommates have Adult Swim or Mythbusters on.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Cartoon's aren't the only good things on TV and even now there have been some great cartoons. Though sadly my last favorite one "Fosters Home For Imaginary Friends" is now ending this month, it's showings have been highly eradicate for the past year or so.

Anyways there have been great TV shows all the time. Most recently House, Lost, Prison Break. All 3 are rather original and highly entertaining. Of course this current season is also the last for Prison Break, they were dealing with a show that couldn't go on for as long as it has fans unlike E.R. or Law and Order. Same goes for Lost and up till the point the guy plays "House" dies.

Hell TV shows have recently been far better then the movies. One of the last movies I seen "Taken" was a movie you can really just guess what happens most likely since you seen it before somewhere in some format.

WildThing121675

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Carer
Actually, I think Captain Planet was 1990s, NOT 1980s. I never did watch that show to be honest. It was too corny for my tastes.

WildThing121675

LaramFox

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy
Most Good Stuff Is Gone.

They Still Show Family Guy And NCIS And Now "Generation Kill" Is On, Yay! And Simpsons Is Still On, And The Old Bond Films Are Still On! The New Bond Is Rubbish, And... Wait, What Were We Talking About...? Kinda Lost My Train Of Thought... Anway, The Whole Point I'm Making: 99% Of New TV Is RUBBISH, Theres Little Good Stuff Still On... I Think Thats My Point...?

EDIT:

How The HELL Can I Forget, M*A*S*H Is Still On TV!

Paramount Comedy 2, 7PM UK Time, Sky 128.

That Show Is AWESOME, I Have Season 10 & 11 On DVD, Shame I Dont Have 1 - 9 Aswell. Lol.

Last edited:

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Sorry guys, but I have to say it really bothers me when people are like "gah all good shows are gone now! its all crap now! i feel so bad for kids these days!"

You *do* realize that kids who grew up in the 70's probably say all the shows in the 90s were complete crap, right?! And 10 years from now kids are going to be saying "All the good shows like Hannah Montana and Kim Possible are off air now! All shows suck now!"

It's just a matter of what you grew up with. Seriously, move on.

I actually enjoy quite a few televison shows, like Gossip Girl, Desperate Housewives, House, Law & Order, CSI, and most Disney shows.

WildThing121675

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Carer
Me, I grew up in the 1980s, and I guess I am partial to the original Transformers show, the original He-Man, the original GI Joe cartoons, DuckTales, TaleSpin, Chip N Dale Rescue Rangers. All products of the 1980s. Plus, there were the countless Scooby Doo reincarnations.

Who can forget the king of 1980s cartoons, who have gotten a re-birth here in the 21st Century--- TEENAGE, TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES! HEROES IN A HALF-SHELL. LOL. Sorry, could not resist that bit.

I think it depends on what you grew up with and what you watched when you were a kid as to what you think is quality. Me, I can't stand half of the current shows that call themselves cartoons. They're too stupid for me. I guess it depends on what we grew up with.

Well, that's my theory and I am sticking with it.

WildThing121675

Lil Snap

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
You *do* realize that kids who grew up in the 70's probably say all the shows in the 90s were complete crap, right?!
Not so fast, Abby! As a child of the 70's *oh GOD* I gotta say that even with some of the crap they served in the 90's, the 90's were probably better than the 70's. The problem, for me, was the piss poor animation used in the 70's. Alot of the cartoons were still rerunning from the past (50's, 60's) and they quality of animation of say Tom and Jerry from the 1940-50 era was light years better than say, The Hair Bear Bunch, or The Perils of Penelope Pitstop (muttley...hehehehehe... lol). Hell, even Scooby Doo was a toon of the 60's.

They were still fun to watch at the time but I don't think they held up at all as well as the T&J's , Bugs Bunny's, and the like from the earlier age. I mean, find an episode of Super Friends, and watch in horror (wondertwin powers activate! ...)

Bring on TMNT

Status
Not open for further replies.