The Happening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello_Kitty

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Other
Andy and I went to see The Happening last night and we liked it. It's alot better than the reviews we have heard about IMO. I'm not gonna give away the ending or what it is.
Is there anyone out there who did see is last night or today and have their opinion on it because Yawgmoth and I had a rather long debate about it. And I still think he's missing the point. Is there anyone out there who could voice their opinion? See what the general concensus is...

Role
Private
I'm going to see it with a friend in about an hour's time. We are going because of how terrible and bad everyone is making it out to be. We like watching trashy flicks together and critiquing the hell out of them, because that's how we roll. :laugh:

Will see how it goes though.

EDIT: Movie was terrible. Don't waste your money on it. That is all.

Last edited:

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
Well I haven't seen it yet, but I don't hear good things.

Text message I got from my sister last night:
"DO NOT WATCH THAT FILM [The happening]. IT WAS PURE CRAP. TERRIBLE ACTING NO PLOT. so u kno x"

It must have been bad for her to use to ALL CAPITALS. :p

I might see it anyway...

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Well every other M. Night movie I ever seen or heard of was bad. The only one I liked was "The Sixth Sense" but I felt the ending was horrible and really served no use.

I heard "Signs" sucked where aliens couldn't even open doors and they were hurt by water. WTH!? They come all that way to get locked in a closet and to get killed by water lol.

"The Village". they were living by a interstate or highway WOW, some ending!

"Lady In The Water" I tried to watch on HBO but the plot was horrible and I just felt sorry for Paul whatever his name is. He does Big Fat Liar then "Sideways" then he got stuck with this BS.

Upon hearing the reviews of these two other members saying this one sucked well I don't think I'll ever see this one. Now I shall look up how bad it was on Wikipedia.
----------------
Now playing: Nirvana - Come As You Are
via FoxyTunes

Hello_Kitty

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Other
Well I thought it was pretty good because of the plot line. You have to admit it's original.

But I saw the previews for another X-files movie. Wh00t wh00t!

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Well I thought it was pretty good because of the plot line. You have to admit it's original.
Yet theres been TONS of original plot lines that did suck as much as this one does for example Blair Witch Project or Cloverfield. Theres no excuse for it to suck just since its a original idea. Also what causes the people to do what they do is pretty dumb to me. Do they ever explain why it never affected humans before?
----------------
Now playing: The Streets - Dry Your Eyes
via FoxyTunes

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Yet theres been TONS of original plot lines that did suck as much as this one does for example Blair Witch Project or Cloverfield. Theres no excuse for it to suck just since its a original idea. Also what causes the people to do what they do is pretty dumb to me. Do they ever explain why it never affected humans before?

Good thing Cloverfield didn't suck >.>

ScubaSteve

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Cloverfield was pretty awesome. But im a little curious why you thought Cloverfield was original seeing how its just the film style of Blair Witch Project and a Giant Monster movie. Sure there maybe some CRAZY original back story to Cloverfield but it never goes into during the movie.

Also, You have something agaisnt shaky camera movies Fire2Box!

Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
The movie was horrible. It had a interesting premise but the whole thing was just executed poorly. The acting was probably the worst I've ever seen (the main character has a grand total of one facial expression and seems completely unable to convey believable shock). But the worst part was probably the "science" in the movie. So many problems that I don't even know where to begin.

Oh, and let's not forget the scene where the characters try to outrun the wind. Shaymalan should have quit making movies after Signs.

PuddleFopsKit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Incontinent
Yeah, once I heard this film was made by M. Night Shaymalan, I knew the reviews weren't going to be pretty. The Sixth Sense was the most decent movie he made, but it wasn't great.

I am surprised anyone went to see this to be honest.. I have a sixth sense for movies, and I sensed a stinker as soon as the commercials for this movie aired.. it looked cheesy even on the commercials..

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I have nothing bad to say about shaky cam movies. In the only two I seen of the Blair Witch and Cloverfield the movie was shot directly from its cast members.

What I do have against movies such as the happening they take what looks like a cool idea but thy end up screwing everything up. I assume the actors knew this and thats why they were so horrible. Mark Walburg and Zooey are great. Zooey is one of my favorite actresses ever and I think the reason she was so bad in this was for the way she was written.

If you don't think Zooey can act just watch Hitch Hikers Guide, Failure To Launch and season 1 of Weeds. She had cool acting parts in those. She was also really cool in the Sci-Fi movie TinMan.

ScubaSteve

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
If you don't think Zooey can act just watch Hitch Hikers Guide, Failure To Launch and season 1 of Weeds. She had cool acting parts in those. She was also really cool in the Sci-Fi movie TinMan.

I love Zooey Deschanel in that stuff! And she was in Weeds Season 2 and start of 3, not season 1.

But yeah sometimes bad writing causes bad acting. Just look at Hayden Christensen and Natalie Portman in Star Wars. (im probably gonna get torn apart)

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I love Zooey Deschanel in that stuff! And she was in Weeds Season 2 and start of 3, not season 1.

But yeah, if sometimes the greatest of actors seem to be acting poor, and I find its mostly problems with the writing. Just look at Hayden Christensen and Natalie Portman in Star Wars. (im probably gonna get torn apart)
Hayden Christensen I think is a bad actor most of the time. But he was decent in "Life As A House" tough he was pretty bad in "Awake". Personally I think his ego is way big. I am sure he thinks "But I was DARTH VADER!" all the time. P

ortman however she can be a cool actress. Watch the last star wars movie she was in. Namely where she says "Your Breaking My Heart!". Then rent "Garden State" then go to the end of the movie when Zach Braff and her are talking in the airport. Then tell me which you feel more impacted by.

ScubaSteve

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Hayden Christensen I think is a bad actor most of the time. But he was decent in "Life As A House" tough he was pretty bad in "Awake". Personally I think his ego is way big. I am sure he thinks "But I was DARTH VADER!" all the time. P

ortman however she can be a cool actress. Watch the last star wars movie she was in. Namely where she says "Your Breaking My Heart!". Then rent "Garden State" then go to the end of the movie when Zach Braff and her are talking in the airport. Then tell me which you feel more impacted by.
I love Garden State so I pick Garden State!

Footed P.J.

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover
I never saw Zooey in anything until she was interviewed by Letterman. I found her quite delightful in that mode. But I agree, scripting inpacts acting.

T00L

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I didn't mind The Happening at all I thought that what the happening was was kind of lame but all in all I got what I went to the movies to see. A bunch of people commiting suicide. You gotta admit most of the deaths were pretty sweet :D

Status
Not open for further replies.