The Gods Have Spoken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
When the admin makes any kind of final ruling, there is no point arguing; we must just accept the ruling and move on. So if we air an issue we must present a case clearly and with whatever evidence we have: and try to offer solutions or ask the staff to devise a solution.

Complaining with a purpose is very good and should be done. Complaining without it helping to correct the problem is a waste of the poster's valuable energy and time, and a kind of self-disrespect.

1. Rep Points

after a rep point is reviewed, and a decision is made, very rarely is there any point appealing the decision.

2. Rep System

It is Moo's will that the rep system is not going to be dismantled; the best we can do is
2.1. Understand what it is meant to do
2.2 See that it works the way it is supposed to.

If #2.1 is not clear, ask the staff to explain the system, what its goals are and how it is supposed to function to achieve those goals; only then can we achieve #2.2.

3. Memes:

if the admin says a particular meme is disallowed, so be it. Now many people say "meme" meaning "4chan meme" - this causes confusion. We have allowed memes "Leakypup", and "toadflu" for example. Same with anyone who breaks "The Rules" - you can say "that was mean" see http://www.adisc.org/forum/announcements-news/697-rules.html or "more detail please http://www.adisc.org/forum/announcements-news/697-rules.html or the pic of you in a diaper at 12 is very nice but not allowed see http://www.adisc.org/forum/announcements-news/697-rules.html

Yes, this particular meme would get annoying fast: that is the point: to correct behavior of people who break http://www.adisc.org/forum/announcements-news/697-rules.html by annoying them: and saying http://www.adisc.org/forum/announcements-news/697-rules.html beats being rude to them or flaming. It is possible to tease people within the rules.

4. Debate

When staff shushes an issue - very very rare for them to do so - let us speak of it only in private communication; this mostly applies to gossip about peoples' personal lives, like those who left ADISC for whatever reason.

It has applied to public speculation about background checks, or any public discussion of site security.

5. Community Standards

The staff draw the line on community standards: how far we may go in ageplay, furplay, in what contexts we can use words like coon (short for Raccoon) Darky (short for Darkfinn) or the usual swear words.

Resistance To Staff Is Futile. You Will Be Unassimilated.

Grutzvalt

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
I love how you referred to them as "Gods"...it's so fitting...

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I guess that's my primary gripe.

Some things are obviously broken... and we (the members) keep hearing over and over they aren't going to get fixed.

Many members have calmly voiced good opinions, plans, and options to address certain... deficiencies. Yet it feels to us like we are speaking to a brick wall.

Just because the "gods" believe there isn't a problem does not mean that one doesn't exist.

We know that change cannot be affected overnight. However, when the same ugly issues resurface again and again there comes a point where you expect action to be taken.

We have not seen this action yet.

Every week the ranks of the disenfranchised and dissatisfied grow. There are now several social groups specifically tailored for unhappy and abused members... this should be of concern to everyone who wishes ADISC to have a bright and stable future.

Last edited:

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
  2. Other
Does it have to be a monarchy? What happened to a Democratic forum?

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Does it have to be a monarchy? What happened to a Democratic forum?

It was never Democratic. Basically what Moo says go. A good rule is "If you don't like it, then don't come here."

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
It was never Democratic. Basically what Moo says goes.

This is a dictocracy: Pojo is absolutely right, Moo pays the bills, made the site, and oversees it; the tremendous degree of attention and respect he pays to member-input, and his supreme efforts to accommodate our tastes and needs can lead people to assume this is a democracy.

It is a Moocracy, or if you will a Dictocracy.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
This is a dictocracy: Pojo is absolutely right, Moo pays the bills, made the site, and oversees it; the tremendous degree of attention and respect he pays to member-input, and his supreme efforts to accommodate our tastes and needs can lead people to assume this is a democracy.

It is a Moocracy, or if you will a Dictocracy.

He does pay the bills but a few of us have donated to Adisc. Of course I don't think that should give us any special rights.. other then maybe getting custom titles which they did away with. but yes it is Moo's website and he can do what he wants. However just because your are tired of people "complaining" doesn't mean you can stop it. If you or anyone else doesn't like it you don't have to listen/read.

I also never seen anywhere, where Moo has said nothing will ever change either. He's changed rules, he's change how you get VIP and he's changed the perks donor's get. He's been willing to change parts of adisc in the past, I assume at some point he will change adisc yet again. Hopefully for the better which most of it has been.

Last edited:

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
Some things are obviously broken... and we (the members) keep hearing over and over they aren't going to get fixed.

Where there is a problem on the site its source is NOT always obvious. When a feature won't be altered this is not always the same as "it won't be fixed." A system might be as good as it can get yet not function equally well for everyone all of the time.

Which broken things have the staff said they will not fix? Or have we merely not heard which fixes are in the offing? Two quite different things.

Many members have calmly voiced good opinions, plans, and options to address certain... deficiencies. Yet it feels to us like we are speaking to a brick wall.

Quite right: it DOES FEEL, to some, like speaking to a brick wall. This is not down to staff ignorance: it is down to the staff not telling us they are working on the problem. When an issue takes time to evaluate and fix, the staff should at least assure us they are working on it and encourage any who feel strongly about it to present complaints, evidence, and suggestions directly to the staff before hashing it in public.

When public debate is in order, maybe a call for solutions to the problem will be more useful than more and louder complaints. Every complaint indicates SOME kind of problem: at the very least that a member is unhappy. Their unhappiness may be due to a broken feature, a nasty member, an obsolete staff approach, the member's own mental state and misperception, the staff's unawareness of a new phenomenon, unmanageable staff workload, even a drop in one staffie's performance. Or something else entirely.

I think it is reasonable to outline a problem, and ask the staff directly:

Are you aware of any such problem?
Are there any potential solutions you are looking at? Which?
Have you considered this novel solution?
When can I expect an attempt to address my issue? What sort of attempt?

WE HAVE "REQUESTS FORUM!!" IT IS IDEAL FOR THIS!!

Then give the staff a chance to do their jobs.

Just because the "gods" believe there isn't a problem does not mean that one doesn't exist.

We don't know what the staff believe unless we ask them.

WE HAVE "REQUESTS FORUM!!" IT IS IDEAL FOR THIS!!

Every week the ranks of the disenfranchised and dissatisfied grow. There are now several social groups specifically tailored for unhappy and abused members... this should be of concern to everyone who wishes ADISC to have a bright and stable future

All true. Every word of it. But complaints are only a first step: they should be followed with evidence, examples, proposed solutions, all forwarded to the appropriate staff member(s.) We will never be happy if we air complaints and sit in a vacuum waiting for a solution to occur as if by magic, the solution we expect or the one we want, and as quickly as we would like.

It is quite reasonable to ask in public if any one else has the same issues, or what people think about a particular proposed solution. Or if what looks like a good idea has been tried before. Nobody, least of all me, is saying don't complain; I say DO complain, but in a way leading to a solution.

If one continues to be ignored or dismissed, then a public approach is a fallback, perhaps the only avenue, to effect change. But let's do work the system before we end-run it.

Last edited:

Neonite

Tinyflower Bouquet // 🌂🌸🌼💮🌙
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Other
3. Memes:

if the admin says a particular meme is disallowed, so be it. Now many people say "meme" meaning "4chan meme" - this causes confusion. We have allowed memes "Leakypup", and "toadflu" for example.
Honestly, the meme rules are a joke. All it causes is unneccesary drama and even more spam then they themselves would cause.

For example:
"The game."
Vs
"The game OH NO I USED A MEME HALP HALP HALP ME GAIS PLZ PLZ DONT BAN ME MOO I KNOW IMMA GET NEGREP FOR THIS" Followed by a 10-page argument about the memes.

But y'know. Admin gods have spoken and all - disregard this. .__.;

GundamMeister7

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
However just because your are tired of people "complaining" doesn't mean you can stop it.

I know I'm new here but Fire2box is right. you talk about democracy and other things but in any government there will always be dissidents. you will never stop complaining because that is the way people are. the only time you will be able to stop complaining is when everyone is exactly the same and wants exactly the same thing.

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
I know I'm new here but Fire2box is right. you talk about democracy and other things but in any government there will always be dissidents. you will never stop complaining because that is the way people are. the only time you will be able to stop complaining is when everyone is exactly the same and wants exactly the same thing.

There will always be dissidents, malcontents and whackjobs: true. But their rants and ravings can be reduced to a dull roar, mere background noise.

And so-called complaints may be retitled " proactive management-awareness inducements." Seriously, there are good complaints and bad ones = useful and not-so-useful. I say DO COMPLAIN: just do it well.

Last edited:
Role
  1. Private
And so-called complaints may be retitled " proactive management-awareness inducements." Seriously, there are good complaints and bad ones = useful and not-so-useful. I say DO COMPLAIN: just do it well.

Tact.

It's part of the rules, iirc.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
The real trick here is learning how to... and how far to... push the limits. The rules, rep, memes, yadda yadda... things will give to a certain point... just don't go too far.

Maverick

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
too late!!!

Not a joke: all they need is clarification. Some are allowed, some not. Simple.

It would be quite a project to clarify which memes are allowed and which are not allowed. There are hundreds, if not thousands, of memes all strewn across the Internet. It seems like it'd be easier to make it "all or nothing," although on a personal level, I don't care, I can live with or without memes.

Status
Not open for further replies.