The Global Warming Scam!

SgtOddball

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Little
All I am going to say is everything you said so far, like the 80 year thing for the point of no return, and having a fusion reactor by 2025 has no factual backing. You have not shown enough proof to show why these year marks are possible.
Right, and yet I've actually shown you proof that we have achieved Nuclear Fusion albeit briefly.

CutePrincess

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
Right, and yet I've actually shown you proof that we have achieved Nuclear Fusion albeit briefly.
That has nothing to do with seeing a working power plant in 2025, you seem to be neglecting the practical aspect to things. A lot of is still filled with "don't knows" hence why I was trying to explain to you , just like the article said, just a step, and for now, still theory. I want to know where you got 80 years from for the point of no return and 2025 for the reactor thing, because this post does not prove anything so I will ask again.

SgtOddball

Est. Contributor
Role
That has nothing to do with seeing a working power plant in 2025, you seem to be neglecting the practical aspect to things. A lot of is still filled with "don't knows" hence why I was trying to explain to you , just like the article said, just a step, and for now, still theory. I want to know where you got 80 years from for the point of no return and 2025 for the reactor thing, because this post does not prove anything so I will ask again.
Right, because you know, it is China, we can just discard that and pretend Humans are dumb and stupid and cannot develop something beyond an actual test that never happened because you know, it is China afterall.

And no, the 2025 is a realistic estimate, espiecally since a Test has been done that proves that Fusion power is possible, and it isn't just a theory at this point in time.

Last edited:

Isle

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
If a study was never conducted how would we know if the solar flares affect the earth's climate or not? I'm sorry but that is completely arrogant to dismiss solar flares affecting earths temperature. I really don't think you studied that enough to come to that conclusion. And CO2 emission studies have been done by political scientist NOT Independent scientist. Information is not valid if there's conflict of interest funding involved. Why do people fight Independent funding to assure there no political influence on the final data interpretation? What do they got to hide? Don you't think that seems to be a bit dishonest and shady ways to be funded?
I must admit I don't have the category of political scientist and and independent scientist in my mental file drawers. What defines these? I suspect you might say a political scientist is one who works for a government or a university. An independent scientist is one who is self - funded? Or perhaps works for industry?
Can you name an independent scientist so that I can check it out?

SorcerorElf

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
China’s “artificial sun” has for the first time achieved a plasma central electron temperature of 100 million degrees celsius, marking a key step in China’s future fusion reactor experiment

The experimental data obtained establishes an important foundation for the development of clean fusion energy.

The Chinese artificial sun’s can be said to reach the ignition condition of nuclear fusion.

PURE THEORY STILL! so assuming you did read it, you are not understanding what they are saying esp to think you will have a reactor by 2025. Something amazing needs to happen for that to happen, something none of us foresee.
Fusion technology does exist in the form of hydrogen bombs. What the challenge has been is harnessing fusion power in a safe and productive way. The latter is what is still mostly theoretical at this point.

SgtOddball

Est. Contributor
Role
Fusion technology does exist in the form of hydrogen bombs. What the challenge has been is harnessing fusion power in a safe and productive way. The latter is what is still mostly theoretical at this point.
True, however they aren't true Fusion bombs as they still require Plutonium to set off the Nuclear Fusion in the bomb itself.

MrGnome

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I'm not quite sure on that. Well, personally I'm a bit wary blaming low sun activity exclusively for what felt like colder winters more recently.
I tend to think that the low sun activity as well as the rather rapid pole cap movement of late may play a bigger role in it. In fact the magnetic northern pole is wandering that quick currently that the NASA/NOAA fails to keep up with the speed of the movement. Every time they release a new correction chart for GPS, the pole had wandered a few miles further east.
Further, I think I read somewhere that low sun cycles lead to more catastrophic years, decades and sometimes even centuries in all regards. And in conjunction with the pole cap movement to complete different scenarios compared to the one we live in today.
If you look at the function of the pole caps as being our source of the earthes magnetic shield in space you may also understand that if the pole moves, the entire magnetic shield moves and bends into another direction.
Just like a magnet pushed and pulled over iron glitter to put it more picturesque. What will happen is that the iron glitter will follow the magnetic poles if the magnets pole is pushed around. Some will get absorbed at the poles end until its Magnetic capacity is reached and from there you can pull traces of iron glitter following the pole.
I'm no scientist by all means. More like a hobby astronomer and (shortwave-) radio listeners. But by all means, these two hobbies are much more connected than a simple first glance can show.
Yes this is true I talked about this further up in discussion that about 6 years ago the airports had to reconfigure their airports for slight pole shift. And yes I believe this contributes to climate change too.

MrGnome

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
where are you getting that fusion is past a theatrical state?
and how do you know it will not be fear mongered to death like even by MrGnome, not fully understanding radiation amounts even with fission reactors? (was really hoping they would reply to that)
I'm not fear mongering im just pointing out it's dumb to take unnecessary risk when their is much safer options available. :) Thats my whole point.

SgtOddball

Est. Contributor
Role
I'm not fear mongering im just pointing out it's dumb to take unnecessary risk when their is much safer options available. :) Thats my whole point.
If we didn't take unnecessary risks then we wouldn't advance as a species. In fact Wind Turbines, Electric Cars etc. could technically be called unnecessary risks to the environment.

MrGnome

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I fail to see the relevance of hemp, or its products, to this discussion. Also, Red Herring, Strawman, Ad Hominem
Because hemp could be alt energy for power plants and would be much cleaner than oil and coal.

SorcerorElf

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Everything has risks, some more than others though. It's mostly a question of if the rewards are worth it.

Because hemp could be alt energy for power plants and would be much cleaner than oil and coal.
Hydropower, wind, and solar energy don't produce any pollution, so wouldn't that be better than hemp, oil, or coal?

MrGnome

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Everything has risks, some more than others though. It's mostly a question of if the rewards are worth it.

Hydropower, wind, and solar energy don't produce any pollution, so wouldn't that be better than hemp, oil, or coal?
Yes but during the transition hemp would be a great idea and off the grid people and others could take stress off the big power plants. Yes Hydro would be good in coastal areas, dams, and large waterfalls. Also people that have mountains or inclines behind their house could take advantage of gravity feed pressure for their water. I actually lived at a ranch that had this setup. Also my dad came up with this.... dig so many feet under the ground and run fans through ventilation pipes to get your AC. Under ground its about 50 degrees, no need for AC unless in large buildings. This cost very little cooling your house. Id say some solar but the cost of solar panels and batteries are costly. And they require lithium mining for batteries which is also a bit of a dirty operation for the environment. I'm not against solar in fact I plan to get some solar panels soon.

Traemo

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Carer
I don't know where to begin, and given how devoted you are to maintaining your ignorance, I'm not going to try.
Your responses and assertions betray, from my perspective, a near complete lack of understanding of the issues at hand. I suspect this correlates, strongly, with a generally minimal education in all related fields. I will assert this appears to be a perfect example of Dunning-Kruger at work.

I'm done - try not to destroy the world before I'm done with it.

CutePrincess

Est. Contributor
Role
that is what i was trying to explain to him(her?). Ty for saying this it seems he(she?) understands now.
-not even going to replay(relay?) the post
this post was way out of line, and it had NOTHING to do with that. It was very insulting you resorted to that. I hope you see you felt the need to say this from you not understanding that article and what I was saying, that SorcerorElf was able to say it in a way you understood. Had NOTHING to do with researches from being from china.

Care to try again with that 2025 year now? or that 80 year for the point of no return? because these are just purely your guesses based on false speculations of directions we are heading in.
This goes back again to the videos. There is nothing wrong with them because for the most part you are going to get more radiation form flying, eating bananas, special natural formations like that black sand, and in some cases comparable to your own background radiation. so this post makes no sense. Because you insist on thinking these plants are so bad, i said you are fear mongering. Did you really understand those videos?

Last edited:

MrGnome

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I don't know where to begin, and given how devoted you are to maintaining your ignorance, I'm not going to try.
Your responses and assertions betray, from my perspective, a near complete lack of understanding of the issues at hand. I suspect this correlates, strongly, with a generally minimal education in all related fields. I will assert this appears to be a perfect example of Dunning-Kruger at work.

I'm done - try not to destroy the world before I'm done with it.
I think your ignorance lies in being irresponsible with safety to this planet. People like you think just because it can be built we should do it no matter the risk. This extremely irresponsible and impatient, especially when they haven't even waited to release the tech without LONG TERM STUDIES.

SgtOddball

Est. Contributor
Role
this post was way out of line, and it had NOTHING to do with that. It was very insulting you resorted to that. I hope you see you felt the need to say this from you not understanding that article and what I was saying, that SorcerorElf was able to say it in a way you understood. Had NOTHING to do with researches from being from china.

Care to try again with that 2025 year now? or that 80 year for the point of no return? because these are just purely your guesses based on false speculations of directions we are heading in.
Mocking =/= Insulting, learn the difference.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/industry/energy/power/mission-2025-lt-helps-build-largest-nuclear-fusion-reactor/articleshow/66279835.cms?from=mdr
https://m.economictimes.com/news/science/worlds-largest-fusion-facility-to-see-light-by-2025-top-official/articleshow/66161033.cms

They hope to have the reactor ready by 2025, obviously they aren't going to have fusion straight away, so before you come and chip in, it is the reason why in my original post with Fusion power, I said around 2025, that gives at least 3 to 4 years after, though it maybe longer.

Also Britain hopes to get one ready for 2024. https://www.businessgreen.com/bg/news/3067747/fusion-island-uk-start-up-reveals-plans-for-pioneering-nuclear-fusion-research

Last edited:

MrGnome

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
that is what i was trying to explain to him(her?). Ty for saying this it seems he(she?) understands now.

This goes back again to the videos. There is nothing wrong with them because for the most part you are going to get more radiation form flying, eating bananas, special natural formations like that black sand, and in some cases comparable to your own background radiation. so this post makes no sense. Because you insist on thinking these plants are so bad, i said you are fear mongering. Did you really understand those videos?
Yes I understand short term effects have been exaggerated but again where are the LONG TERM STUDIES? Also we have not checked for DNA damage, especially studying what it does to future gens. I already explained this to you. Transporting nuclear material to build these power points is stupid and irresponsible. And by you people saying their so great, they will build more putting us more risk for meltdowns, unplanned weather events, etc. Now if you want to argue since we already have nuclear power plants why not use the existing ones, I agree with that! And that would help the radioactive material decay faster. But if your gonna try to push to build more nuclear power plants, that's where I strongly disagree with you. I will NOT agree with your logic, that just because we are exposed to this stuff it's ok to add more and more to our bodies without doing any long term studies! This why humans repeat history because they are impatient and reckless!

CutePrincess

Est. Contributor
Role
Yes I understand short term effects have been exaggerated but again where are the LONG TERM STUDIES? Also we have not checked for DNA damage, especially studying what it does to future gens. I already explained this to you. Transporting nuclear material to build these power points is stupid and irresponsible. And by you people saying their so great, they will build more putting us more risk for meltdowns, unplanned weather events, etc. Now if you want to argue since we already have nuclear power plants why not use the existing ones, I agree with that! And that would help the radioactive material decay faster. But if your gonna try to push to build more nuclear power plants, that's where I strongly disagree with you. I will NOT agree with your logic, that just because we are exposed to this stuff it's ok to add more and more to our bodies without doing any long term studies! This why humans repeat history because they are impatient and reckless!
AIRLINE PILOTS, walking on some beaches with those features, and eating bananas!!!!!! do you really not get the point of those videos after all this time? Aldo you are not exposed to anything outside a power plant under normal conditions, remember we where comparing the meltdown and its effects to FLYING. If you want "testing" done all you got to do is monitor airline pilots that where doing it for 20+ years. the source for this stuff is not as exotic as you seem to think it is.
Mocking =/= Insulting, learn the difference.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/industry/energy/power/mission-2025-lt-helps-build-largest-nuclear-fusion-reactor/articleshow/66279835.cms?from=mdr
https://m.economictimes.com/news/science/worlds-largest-fusion-facility-to-see-light-by-2025-top-official/articleshow/66161033.cms

They hope to have the reactor ready by 2025, obviously they aren't going to have fusion straight away, so before you come and chip in, it is the reason why in my original post with Fusion power, I said around 2025, that gives at least 3 to 4 years after, though it maybe longer.

Also Britain hopes to get one ready for 2024. https://www.businessgreen.com/bg/news/3067747/fusion-island-uk-start-up-reveals-plans-for-pioneering-nuclear-fusion-research
any form of racist remark is in insulting, and I got no idea why a mod has not come to you yet about that. You been heavily uncivil for a few posts here that I do not like. You can leave out the smug tone like "Mocking =/= Insulting, learn the difference." as well

hopes and targets does not equal reality, and we do not know how or if that will curb our footprint and more needs to be done outside that anyway. So once again you missed the point in proving your projecting for that 80 year no point return.

Last edited:

SgtOddball

Est. Contributor
Role
any form of racist remark is in insulting, and I got no idea why a mod has not come to you yet about that. You been heavily uncivil for a few posts here that I do not like.

hopes and targets does not equal reality, and we do not know how or if that will curb our footprint and more needs to be done outside that anyway. So once again you missed the point in proving your projecting for that 80 year no point return.
Point to the racist remark and I'll concede, as I haven't made any racist remarks.

Hopes and Targets are what we have to go by, and it isn't about hopes but rather a target, and about Human survival, however it should curb our Carbon footprint and we are doing things about it at the same time, just some of the options we have taken are not completely environmentally friendly, Wind Turbines and Solar Power Plants being just 2.

CutePrincess

Est. Contributor
Role
Right, because you know, it is China, we can just discard that and pretend Humans are dumb and stupid and cannot develop something beyond an actual test that never happened because you know, it is China afterall.
this is racist.
this is insulting
this is a fallacy
it should never have been said

You only said this because you did not understand what I was saying on top of that, and you are not even admitting this and apologizing?

Last edited: