• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Arkady

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Little
Just wondering if anyone ever watched it before! I watched it with a babyfur friend, and I couldn't believe I never watched such a cute Disney movie! My favorite scenes were when Tod was a baby :)

Reactions: lilithra, dynodoggo and LaLoneDigi

Cottontail

Silly wabbit!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
I was five when it came out and I saw it in the theater. I don’t remember much about the experience except that Mom had to comfort me because I was crying. I remember feeling similarly emotional when we rented it a few years later on VHS. I guess I’ll say I loved it, but maybe not in the usual little kid way.

Last edited:
Reactions: dlover, Kittyinpink, LaLoneDigi and 1 other person

Arkady

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Little
Cottontail said:
I was five when it came out and I saw it in the theater. I don’t remember much about the experience except that Mom had to comfort me because I was crying. I remember feeling similarly emotional when we rented it a few years later on VHS. I guess I’ll say I loved it, but maybe not in the usual little kid way.
I got emotional too! The movie is very bittersweet. I kept on tearing up.

Reactions: Cottontail

Happy2BeInNappies2

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Incontinent
A friend mentioned this movie the other day, but I did not recall the title or anything about it, has I had completely forgotten all about this movie.

Thank you @Arkady for creating this thread, as the information of it being a Disney Movie cartoon, has helped my memory 'see' a cinema bill board from a sighting many years ago, (but I am sure that I have never seen 'The Fox and the Hound' in my life).

Do they usually transmit it at this time of year?
Should I try to hunt it down for a good little cry? (Could do with one).

Happy viewing everyone !!

Reactions: Kittyinpink and LaLoneDigi

LaLoneDigi

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
  5. Carer
It's a surprisingly sophisticated movie. I had a friend growing up who found it boring. I loved it. The way it slowly weaves slice of life moments with coming of age material is very mature. Some nice character arcs too. And of course it's super cute at times! That climax is really intense, and turns some people off! I love it! I've been meaning to read the book...

It had mixed reviews in it's day, but it's generally better received these days. It's aged beautifully.

The sequel is... Cheap and dumb... I had fun watching it with my GF as we roasted it. It's not the worst movie ever, but it certainly wasn't made with love and care. Definitely not a classic.

Last edited:
Reactions: Arkady and Happy2BeInNappies2

Kittyinpink

Asexual, pre - op transgender woman
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
Cottontail said:
I cried also . At the cinema. With my mum , same. But I pretended I wasn't crying..

Reactions: lilithra, Arkady, Happy2BeInNappies2 and 1 other person

Cottontail

Silly wabbit!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
LaLoneDigi said:
The sequel is... Cheap and dumb... I had fun watching it with my GF as we roasted it.
Ha ha! But that goes for so many direct-to-video Disney sequels. Cinderella 2, Aladdin 2, ... Happily Ever After (a.k.a. Snow White 2--not actually made by Disney), ... Don't watch any of those! And, as we're in the furry forum, I guess I should add: Don't watch Lady and the Tramp 2 or Secret of NIMH 2 either. Ouch.

Reactions: mistykitty, Happy2BeInNappies2 and LaLoneDigi

LaLoneDigi

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
  5. Carer
Cottontail said:
Ha ha! But that goes for so many direct-to-video Disney sequels. Cinderella 2, Aladdin 2, ... Happily Ever After (a.k.a. Snow White 2--not actually made by Disney), ... Don't watch any of those! And, as we're in the furry forum, I guess I should add: Don't watch Lady and the Tramp 2 or Secret of NIMH 2 either. Ouch.
I got to meet one of the lead animators for Happily Ever After! He was former Disney legend Chuck Harvey, who also worked on the Fox and the Hound. Everyone was asking him questions about Disney, so of course I was a jerk, and brought up his time with Filmation. He had almost nothing good to say about his time there. 🤣

Last edited:
Reactions: Cottontail

Cottontail

Silly wabbit!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
LaLoneDigi said:
I got to meet one of the lead animators for Happily Ever After! He was former Disney legend Chuck Harvey, who also worked on the Fox and the Hound. Everyone was asking him questions about Disney, so I of course I was a jerk, and brought up his time with Filmation. He had almost nothing good to say about his time there. 🤣
That's pretty awesome--and funny! I had no idea about the connection with The Fox and the Hound. When I think Filmation, one of the first things that springs to mind is the old He-Man cartoon show from the 1980's, which apparently Chuck Harvey had a hand in also. Ah! So many good childhood memories. I remember playing He-Man hide-and-seek with my friends. If you were the seeker, you had to wear the Skeletor mask. :) Anyway... Veering off topic...

Last edited:
Reactions: LaLoneDigi

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I usually steer away from a film or cartoon where an animal is hurt or dies. I just can't handle it. When I was very young I begged my mom to take me to see "Old Yeller". We all know how that ended and of course I was crying at the end of the movie.

Reactions: LilPrinceHonokun, MeDisneyBaby and LaLoneDigi

LaLoneDigi

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
  5. Carer
dogboy said:
I usually steer away from a film or cartoon where an animal is hurt or dies. I just can't handle it. When I was very young I begged my mom to take me to see "Old Yeller". We all know how that ended and of course I was crying at the end of the movie.
Nothing makes me tear up like a movie with animals dying or getting hurt. Old Yeller, Hachiko, Plague Dogs... All of them had me in tears, and I watched them as an adult! 😭😭😭

Reactions: dogboy, Happy2BeInNappies2 and Kittyinpink

dynodoggo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Little
1673170354754.gif
Baby Tod is adorable

• Love
Reactions: lilithra, PichuCubJacob, mistykitty and 5 others

Kittyinpink

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
LaLoneDigi said:
Nothing makes me tear up like a movie with animals dying or getting hurt. Old Yeller, Hachiko, Plague Dogs... All of them had me in tears, and I watched them as an adult! 😭😭😭
I am still traumatised.. those poor doggys, swimming to the cheese 🧀 ball..
I really wanted them to find a lovely home and an owner and cheese.. and hopefully cheesecake! 😔 .. I asked my mum what will happen to the dogs !? . They'll drown. ☹️ . Plauge dogs . 🐕.

• Sad
Reactions: Happy2BeInNappies2

LaLoneDigi

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
  5. Carer
Kittyinpink said:
I am still traumatised.. those poor doggys, swimming to the cheese 🧀 ball..
I really wanted them to find a lovely home and an owner and cheese.. and hopefully cheesecake! 😔 .. I asked my mum what will happen to the dogs !? . They'll drown. ☹️ . Plauge dogs . 🐕.

If it helps at all, in the book they are rescued by a fisherman and live happily ever after. ;)

Reactions: Kittyinpink

Kittyinpink

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
LaLoneDigi said:
If it helps at all, in the book they are rescued by a fisherman and live happily ever after. ;)
Yay !!!

Reactions: mistykitty and Happy2BeInNappies2

blaincorrous

All Puns Intended
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
Honestly, it was, in my honest opinion, ehh. I’m just not a fan of the Disney movies from the Xerox Era. They have a cheap, scratchy look to them.

Last edited:
Reactions: PichuCubJacob and LaLoneDigi

SparkleAlchemist

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Little
This was one of my FAVORITE movies as a little kid. Like every time I went to my uncle's house and got to pick the movie this was what I would pick everytime from the ages of like 3-5. I watched it again recently and it's fine, though I kinda wonder why young me loved it so much.

tommytemper

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
For those who thought it was so sad should check out this video about its making. It could have been much darker.

Reactions: lilithra

blaincorrous

All Puns Intended
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
tommytemper said:
For those who thought it was so sad should check out this video about its making. It could have been much darker.
Thank you so much for sharing that. That's all so amazingly tragic and incredibly detailed.

I need to make a correction: F&H was not Xerox "era"... Xerography was used until The Little Mermaid, but I have to admit they cleaned up the process very well by then and eventually lead into the famed Pixar CAPS process which gives me a bit of a hardon. But that YouTube video makes good on explaining the context. And the Bluth defection was such a seismic event that shook Disney up for the better.

Last edited:

mistykitty

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Sissy
  5. Little
Easily one of my favorite movies ever! I've lost count of how many times I've watched it but it and many other disney movies for that matter made/ still make me cry as well. Sequel to it, there is only one good part in my opinion and that's when it has Todd and Copper playing together as they grow up set to the song you know I will. The rest of it not so good. I agree with what many have said already sequels tend not to be as good as the original.