The Division 2

Sgdlboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
Anyone managed to try the division 2 beta , how was it and is it worth getting.

RetroGamerGuy

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Carer
I didnt bother with it. I originally loved the Division but when i realized they had no plans to ever make a PVE only dark zone i gave up on it. Its going to be even worse on the sequel where you are basically FORCED into pvp at the end game and thats that. Definetly giving it a hard pass. Not to mention ive heard the enemies are even more bullet spongy then the first game, taking many clips to kill

Sgdlboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
I played the first division but what draw me to the division 2 is the new skills drones and new artillery turret etc , i too wanted a PVE dark zone , PVP kinda kills it with all the hackers and modders but i think this time round the pvp dark zone normalize all stats so people may not outgear one another resulting in an unfair game.

RetroGamerGuy

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Carer
true but it also makes your very long hard earned loot totally usless lol

diaperedgeek

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Div 2 has been a blast. You can hit 30 in a few days without really trying. Then its just a grind to get gear to start stacking the gear level. Its worth playing and they are always working on patches and improving the game.

Llayden

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent
You can hit 30 in a few days without really trying. Then its just a grind to get gear to start stacking the gear level. Its worth playing and they are always working on patches and improving the game.
*The following is just my opinion! I am in NO way "hating" and completely understand that everyone has their own tastes in games. This is just my opinion and I am very curious why others feel different.*

Why is it worth playing? If you've maxed level, and/or beaten the game, what's the point of grinding? I enjoyed the Division, but never thought it was much more than alright. I HATED playing with friends after beating it because its nothing but running the same patterns over and over again to kill the same things over and over again to....what? Get a different gun...maybe?

I'm convinced more than ever that grinding is overdone and overused in games simply to extend them. If the gameplay isn't intriguing enough to me, I'm sure as heck not going to stick around. I definitely understand why a lot of people enjoy the game, it's just not my cup of tea. The Division 2 is nothing new, far too similar, and simply feels like an extension of the grind that was The Division. I have no interest in continuing that grind and the game doesn't present any incentive to do so.

By contrast, the people that I usually play games with were having this conversation and ended up playing a game that we feel is lightyears ahead: Borderlands. We were disappointed (and proven right) with Anthem, disenchanted with The Division 2, and were convinced that a vast majority of the popularity of The Division 2 was simply because of the disappointment of Anthem. We were talking about how all games of this kind were disappointing since Borderlands 2. That's when we decided to dust the game off and give it a shot.

Guys, I'm telling you that the difference is night and day between a game that's nearly 7 years old and today's offerings. The gameplay is fun, hilarious, challenging. The loot is endless and endlessly varied. It changes its appearance to match its description. The voice acting and story is spectacular and hilarious. It's crazy, and a bit depressing, to see what was and how nothing has changed. We even booted up Borderlands and felt the same. I'm beyond convinced that if Borderland 2 released today as a new game it would blow everyone else out of the water.

I wanted to like The Division 2, I really did. But with the lack of development, the lack of game evolution, the crazy bullet sponginess, and the endless repetitive missions and ridiculous grind I have no interest in it. I also understand that some people grind Borderlands because some bosses drop certain things sometimes. I never have. I've always felt that the amount of loot that drops, and the exceptionally wide variety makes hunting for something specific kinda...useless. I understand that some people "collect" them, but I don't.

diaperedgeek

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
So I'll say I haven't been much of a gamer since high school. Several friends convinced me to buy Div 1 maybe six months ago or a bit longer I don't recall. For me its about being on discord hanging out with friends and killing a few hours. So for me the grind was just hanging out with friends and enjoying the hilarity of failing stuff or listening to someone have a bad time for a few minutes.

One friend loves shotguns another highly dislikes them listening to them go back and forth for a few hours was fantastic. Just saying it doesn't have to be about the game, it can be about something else while playing the game. BUT being 30 and then being able to run stuff as team is super fun. Knowing the best way to do things and becoming efficient can also be fun.

You don't have to play if you don't want to, but, others enjoy it. I enjoy it my way, others enjoy PVP I avoid it because to me it isn't fun so I avoid it.

Last edited: