The Dangers of Potty Training Too Early

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calico

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
I wonder how so many kids in the days were fine because lot of them were sure toilet trained before two years of age. it was common in the days. Did the parents just take them to the toilet for them and not make them decide to go on their own?

Dyml

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
LOL , you can say that i'm the one of the result of early potty training :shrug:
At least i'm pretty much love my occasionally diaper life :p

Pique

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
I was potty trained before the age of 2 and never had problems with bed wetting or accidents. Odd.

Piplup

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I was potty trained before the age of 2 and never had problems with bed wetting or accidents. Odd.

Same here. And I don't know if I can blame my interest in diapers on being potty trained early. There are people on this site who were potty trained before age 2, and there are others who weren't trained until age 4.

quattrus

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Carer

Same here. That I know of, I was trained very early and effortlessly, but I always had an iron bladder and have been very far from being constipated ;)

Everyone's different though, and if the average outcome of early training is bladder and/or bowel issues, the article sure makes a good point.

Last edited:

ForeverSmall

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
I was an early potty trainer... My bladder is small and my urinary sphincter is too strong. I have serious voiding problems. I just hope I don't ever end up be stuck relying on a catheter. Peeing can be so hard for me.

Adventurer

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
  4. Other
I wonder how so many kids in the days were fine because lot of them were sure toilet trained before two years of age. it was common in the days. Did the parents just take them to the toilet for them and not make them decide to go on their own?

I think that for lots of kids, being trained early is perfectly fine. But some don't respond well. It's like learning to read: some kids are ready really early, and others take longer to come around. But basically everyone learns how eventually. So I think this article is true for some kids, but others need to wait, for physical or psychological reasons. Just my opinion.

LushieCat

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
In my humble opinion, the same parents who have constipated children are the same parents that feed their kids gummy bears and animal crackers rather than apple slices and carrots. Kids aren't getting enough fibre in their diet so they end up being constipated. It is a good explanation for bladder issues though.

Fiammaverde

If it costs your peace, then it’s too expensive
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
This make me wish to write a fiction story on a Clinic where kids with chronic UTI, constipation & similars are "helped".
Other possible patients that could benefit from losing some control would be the overcontrolling ones, or the ones with emotional and trust issues (things like anorexia, cutting, excessive physical training, bullying, antisocial behaviour & violent tendencies).

I wonder if someone has already written something similar.

Chimera

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
I believe the bottom line is that it depends on the child. Some kids can't wait to get out of diapers, while others...not so much

aviationchild

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
In developing countries, many children never wear diapers at all, parents will instead try to train a child almost from birth. I have several relatives who were raised that way, and they have turned out fine. I think the author is basing his/her opinion on the patients he/she sees, rather than the population as a whole.

diverj

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
us older ones were potty trained early because of washing terries and wet clothes. modden disposibles mean kids of 4 + still in nappies is not uncommen. i dont think there is a conection with training and ABDL

memorychick

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
  5. Incontinent
I started preschool at age 2 1/2. All of my classmates were potty-trained as it was a rule that non-potty-trained kids would not be allowed to be part of the preschool program. I was the very first child who did not have to be potty-trained but they made that exception for me because I have CP and it was the CP that was preventing me from walking and using the toilet. I am certain the other kids there thought I was a baby. I wasn't out of diapers until my second year of preschool, age 3 1/2. I want to be diapered again but in my current living situation, I wouldn't be able to hide them if I had any. But anyways potty problems prior to age 5 almost certainly played a role in me becoming AB.

Status
Not open for further replies.