The Creators of Bambino Diapers

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwill1984

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Does anyone know "their story"? Do they wear diapers themselves? Are they AB/DL? Or did they just see a hole in the market? I tried to find some information about them on their website, but couldn't find much personal information/backgrounds. Does anyone know?

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
The "creators" of Bambino are the same people that "created" the Secure Personal Care line of products. I believe Secure's company history is on their website.

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
According to the California business records, both companies are owned by the same person. So I think it's more a case of a diaper manufacturer being AB aware rather than AB. Now, I'm pretty sure the people that run ABUniverse are ABs themselves.

Mesmerale

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Sissy
The way I see it, if the people who made Bambinos were AB's, then the product wouldn't be so expensive now would it? :)

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
The way I see it, if the people who made Bambinos were AB's, then the product wouldn't be so expensive now would it? :)

Why would that matter? They made a product and priced it at a point where people are willing to pay. They are out to make money and I am sure they don't care if they are helping some AB/DL's out on getting an affordable high quality product. I agree it would be great if they were less expensive, but the only way that would happen is if demand went down or someone else makes a similar product, hence increasing supply. Someone probably will do this in the next 2 years, so Bambino is getting as much of this cash cow as they can now.

Now here is the question - If you could sell a product to a bunch of people that you have never met but had similar interests as you, would you like your profit to be $150,000 or $80,000?

Mesmerale

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Sissy
Why would that matter? They made a product and priced it at a point where people are willing to pay. They are out to make money and I am sure they don't care if they are helping some AB/DL's out on getting an affordable high quality product. I agree it would be great if they were less expensive, but the only way that would happen is if demand went down or someone else makes a similar product, hence increasing supply. Someone probably will do this in the next 2 years, so Bambino is getting as much of this cash cow as they can now.

Now here is the question - If you could sell a product to a bunch of people that you have never met but had similar interests as you, would you like your profit to be $150,000 or $80,000?

I didn't say that it was a stupid thing to do. I know exactly why the prices are so high, thank you.

And if I had the same interests, and had to deal with the same issue of paying a high price for it, as well as struggling to find what I wanted. Then I would make a profit of $80,000, or possibly $100,000.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent

Bambinos are no more expensive than any other "top of the line" diaper... like Abri-form X-plus or Molicare Super plus. You figure we have to pay a tiny bit more for a niche product... but they're worth the cost.

With the way Bambinos have been selling out recently... they may want to consider upping production.

Gaybee

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Bambinos are no more expensive than any other "top of the line" diaper... like Abri-form X-plus or Molicare Super plus. You figure we have to pay a tiny bit more for a niche product... but they're worth the cost.

With the way Bambinos have been selling out recently... they may want to consider upping production.

Abri-form X-plus and Bambinos are pretty much the same price. $1.37 per diaper. People think the Bambinos are more expensive because the case of 48 comes at a price of $65.96 while the X-plus are $57.95 for 42. The 6 just makes it look more expensive, but do the math and they're the same.

You aren't paying anymore for bambinos than you are for the X plus. Don't know about Molicare though

NinjaRider

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
I can't blame them if they did cost more than others diapers. They are making diapers for *b/dl not diapers for people who need them. So they can add those little touches that make them feel like real baby diapers.

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur

The real answer to that question is: do I care about these people or not?

Because as I see it, if I wanted to genuinely make a product for a community, I'd do it at no profit. Just enough to cover costs.

If I don't have any particular community with a group of people, I'll do it at a profit, sure.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Because as I see it, if I wanted to genuinely make a product for a community, I'd do it at no profit. Just enough to cover costs.
]/QUOTE]

I guess you'll never own a business then...

It doesn't matter if you like being part of the community or not... you still have bills to pay... charging an average price for Bambinos isn't wrong...

Now the Classy Comfort diapers... that is charging too much.

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
]/QUOTE]

I guess you'll never own a business then...

It doesn't matter if you like being part of the community or not... you still have bills to pay... charging an average price for Bambinos isn't wrong...

Now the Classy Comfort diapers... that is charging too much.

I am sure you've heard of nonprofit organizations? And I wouldn't want to own a business, they're not a decent way to live.

If you want to pay whatever price bambino and it's affiliates want, fine. All I'm saying is that what they want is different than what the AB/DL community want, and to think they're "one of us" is a bad way to think.

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I am sure you've heard of nonprofit organizations? And I wouldn't want to own a business, they're not a decent way to live.

If you want to pay whatever price bambino and it's affiliates want, fine. All I'm saying is that what they want is different than what the AB/DL community want, and to think they're "one of us" is a bad way to think.

I can't say I've ever heard of a nonprofit organization targeted at selling merchandise to fetishists. Usually nonprofits are charitable organizations who try to help the less-fortunate. I'm not saying it couldn't be done, but why would you?

The thing about fetishes is that they're tough. People will pay exorbitant prices for items, just because they're hard to find. Since our fetish involves a product that's also a medical garment, I think that actually helps keep the price down.

And I do believe they lowered their prices a while back, anyhow (probably as volume increased). The prices they're at now really aren't too different from other premium diaper brands, which is pretty impressive to me. Even so, I'm sure the volume they push is a lot lower than they do in "normal" incontinence supplies, so I still doubt their profit margin is huge. Plus, all their prices include shipping.

LunaCat

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby

I don't see wanting to produce something that will benefit a group of people and wanting to profit from said production to be mutually exclusive. As was sort of pointed out... we're not talking about providing food to starving people...

I'm not really sure what you mean by "profit" anyway. It seems as though your definition of "profit" is a bit narrow. For example, nonprofit organizations still get money, have employees, and pay said employees. Operating a business requires money, and paying people to do it is a cost of said business.

As far as thinking of them as "one of us" (whatever that means to people), I think it's a moot point. I don't really care if they're into the same thing as I am. I simply have a desire for a product that they manufacture.

In fact... I'd sooner say that the only "bad" way to think is... requiring them to be categorized as one of us or not one of us. Mild curiosity is one thing, but a believed need to categorize them in such a way implies either ignorance to how the world works in general or a fundamental psychological problem.

ShoogyGlider

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I have know idea what the backstory is with bambino's but whatever it is they have come out with a good diaper

Duffy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
My understanding is that the Bambino diapers were largely brought about by the creator of dailydiapers.com. I don't know much about the product's back story, but I bet you could find it by searching on the dailydiapers site!

yourhuggies

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Honestly, I dont see what the big deal is with bambino, it is an indulgance. Assurance, Kendall Wings, Attends #10 are all similar style and quality to the Bambino's I have tried, and for far less cost. The only thing I saw the Bambino had was the cartoonish designs, but a trip to hobby lobby, I can do the same to mine. But thats just my idiotic opinion.

dangermouse

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Can't say I've really thought the design on Bambinos was a realistic baby design anyway. Just a landing tape with some ABCs on it and stuff. Screams 'Adult' baby to me. AB has never been a good image in my head (I think AB and think fat guys in diapers. yuck).

To feel properly baby nappy/diaper to me it needs to look like Pampers (old style if it's plastic backed). Should also have the rectangular shaped front/back areas of the padding like baby diapers instead of the large rounded front/backside shape that adult diapers have. Otherwise it's just an adult diaper with an average AB print stuck on it to me. Though if it was truly like a baby diaper it wouldn't function so well for adults. Then again, if they can make adult sized diapers with the absorbency of pampers, scaled up... !!

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Honestly, I dont see what the big deal is with bambino, it is an indulgance. Assurance, Kendall Wings, Attends #10 are all similar style and quality to the Bambino's I have tried, and for far less cost.

You can't be serious. Bambino is far superior to Assurance, Attends, or Kendall in terms of comfort and capacity.

I guess it all depends on what you are looking for. If you are a recreational diaper wearer and the diaper just has to be a diaper... I suppose any ol' thing will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.