The blue quick absorb strip, yay or nay?

neophyte

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Some diapers have them, many do not! What are your thoughts on the strips, do you find that they allow you to release more quickly and it better wicks or spreads out the wetness?

Personally I have better experience when the diaper has a blue strip! I experience better distribution and quicker absorption, and less risk of leak!

blue.png

Seeing where it's located, it likely isn't doing much for male wearers.

I'm a winky down, type of wearer, the blue seems to work very well. So I'm a yes to the blue strip

It isn't always blue, I have seen Green used as well

But either way I think they are designed with more SAP and/or Fluff so they definitely add function.

The newest batch of PeekABU has that and it seems to work great for floods.

Honestly, I haven't noticed any significant performance enhancement with the blue-strip. I know Tykables and higher end medical brands have them, but from experience, ABU and Bambino absorb just fine if not better without them.

I think my perspective on yay or nay is tethered more to aesthetics. As an adult-baby primarily and emphasis on the baby, I prefer it if my diapers don't have anything like blue-strips as those are predominantly a medical diaper feature, no?

I also dislike wetness indicators cause they remind me of Depends :cautious:... but then again, the Little Pawz fade when wet indicator is pretty nice 😄

Reactions: Halibut
Hmmm, honestly never seen this before. What diapers have it? Kinda interested in trying them.

TittleTyler said:
Hmmm, honestly never seen this before. What diapers have it? Kinda interested in trying them.

It seems to be a mostly "Medical Style diaper" feature, but I have also seen it in the ABU Barebums and in the newest batch of PeekABU

For printed diapers.... Forsite 'Under The Sea', All LittleForBig diapers, and I think Rearz Safari have them...

Frankly, I haven't paid much attention to it.

This part is named ADL or Acquisition Distribution Layer it's in non woven and like all other parts in a diaper it can be on all colors you want. (I'm not affiliated to any brand I have posted here it's only for illustration).

BabyTyrant said:
It isn't always blue, I have seen Green used as well
Purple too. And also white! ("Stealth Mode," heh.) But if your marketing department wants to brag about it, I suppose it makes sense for it to stand out, color-wise. GoodNites, I notice, use a white strip, and it's located more to the front in the boys' version and more centrally in the girls'. I obviously can't claim to know, but I suspect the choice of white for these particular diapers was motivated by the desire to make them appear more underwear-like to the child wearing them.

Last edited:
yay... the pull ups I wear during the day has the blue patch ..works well for me.

I think the blue is just random colouring. I guess it's a marketing ploy, "Look! Here's that special trademarked SuperBooster feature that makes this diaper special!"

Blue is probably a common choice because it rarely occurs in nature, so is least associated with our disgust response. I think I read that blue is often used on surgical accessories (gloves, gowns, etc.) because again it looks "non biological" and makes blood stand out. So... maybe they used blue just because "it looks medical"...?

Personally, I like all-white diapers, inside and out. But I'm not overly fussed about it.

i dunno , seems like a gimmick and the diaper could do with or without the colors and could be just as absorbent.

Reactions: 12srepaid
While I see that blue strip in some diapers, I've never actually seen it tied to a difference in padding. (which really surprised me) If you want to see, hold up a fresh diaper to the light and you will see a darker color down the middle of the crotch (usually in a semi-hourglass shape) if that region has increased sap or thickness. Some diapers DO have it, though most of the ones that do actually don't color the padding. The blue dye is NOT part of the added padding, it's just a color sprayed on over the top. (just a cosmetic thing)

Bambino and ABU's (premium) diapers show up very clearly with this built-in booster/wetness channel down the centerline when held up to the light. They're certainly not the only ones, but those are the two that come to mind. I don't think it's there to increase capacity, but instead is there to wick faster (and thus with less sap and no added capacity) to improve the transport of wetness to the back (for overnight) to prevent corner leaks when flooding or when a diaper is getting closer to capacity.

As a user of both types I personally don't see a difference with either, and I've had some really soaked diapers.

Haven’t noticed a difference, but I kind of like the look of it when I’m changing into a fresh diaper. Don’t know why, but I’m fine with it.

ABU recently added these to their PeekABUs, and I think they do improve performance. Urine seems to be absorbed further up the back of the diaper.

neophyte said:
Some diapers have them, many do not! What are your thoughts on the strips, do you find that they allow you to release more quickly and it better wicks or spreads out the wetness?

Personally I have better experience when the diaper has a blue strip! I experience better distribution and quicker absorption, and less risk of leak!

View attachment 33164
I just pee on it anyway...

Back