Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Aleu

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
  1. Private
Some of the best animated characters of the past have been animated dogs. I mean, who wouldn't want to see mans best pal in one in another dimension than that of reality? Heres your choices, is it Balto, Charlie Barkin from All Dogs Go To Heaven, Humphrey from Alpha and Omega or Aleu from Balto II: Wolf Quest. The one with the most votes will be claimed as the best animated dog. Also state a reason for your ballot.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Bolt is not on the list.

[video=youtube;BQxWM3I2lHk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQxWM3I2lHk[/video]

Trevor

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
Neither is Dug :(

Nor a few others: List of fictional dogs in animation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and List of fictional canines in animation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Interestingly, I don't see Dug on either list, which I would say is a significant oversight. I think there's enough of them that anyone who cared would have a significant list to pick from and probably most lists wouldn't find much common ground. I find the poll list to either be one borne of shallow experience or akin to Stephen Colbert's joke choices such as "George W. Bush, great president or greatest president?"

Rowf and Snitter from the Plague Dogs would place highly on my list for emotional impact, but I'm not in any hurry to see them again as it was a hard movie to watch. Underdog is probably the significant dog of my childhood but having tried to watch episodes as an adult, they don't hold up. Scooby Doo and Snoopy cast some of the longest cultural shadows, for better or worse.

Role
  1. Private
I think Warners milked off of Scobby Doo for far too long, those 70s hairdos are yeah, a little outdated.

Amd I only included the characters that I've seen the movies to. Dug and Bolt slipped my mind to be honest.
So has anybody voted?

Nadia

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
This is the worst poll ever, ok, if you want to know peoples opinions, people have to know who they all are, and dont say Scooby is outdated, Balto was made in like the 90's, outdated, I think so. But yes, 3 best dogs, Dug, Scooby and Snoopy.

Role
  1. Private
This is the worst poll ever, ok, if you want to know peoples opinions, people have to know who they all are, and dont say Scooby is outdated, Balto was made in like the 90's, outdated, I think so. But yes, 3 best dogs, Dug, Scooby and Snoopy.
But Scobbys even older than any of the choices provided. Hes like a 70s decade dog. No offense implied to anyone who likes Scooby Doo, I grew up watching the Scooby Doo from the 70s but I believe Balto leads the pack on this one since he hasnt gained much respect from the film industry (thanks to a little movie involving a cowboy and a spaceman).

Trevor

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
But Scobbys even older than any of the choices provided. Hes like a 70s decade dog. No offense implied to anyone who likes Scooby Doo, I grew up watching the Scooby Doo from the 70s but I believe Balto leads the pack on this one since he hasnt gained much respect from the film industry (thanks to a little movie involving a cowboy and a spaceman).

You asked for best animated dog. There's no time limit on that. Someone might think Pluto is the best, who's older than Scooby Doo by decades. It's simply a flawed poll and one that emphasizes your own biases over any real intention to gather the opinions of others.

DeftLeppard

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Carer
I noticed nobody has mentioned any of the characters from "lady and the tramp", "oliver and company" and "101 Dalmatians"

Role
  1. Private
Maybe its a coincedence I didnt list very many characters, that they didnt come to mind as easily as the others.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Maybe its a coincedence I didnt list very many characters, that they didnt come to mind as easily as the others.

Its not. You clearly only put the ones you personally liked rather type google "fictional dogs" and cross reference them to animated movies. You might of wanted people options, but you didn't even put in "other, explain which one below." in the poll.

Bambusa

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Yeah, your list just doesn't cover it. Too many dogs to choose from. Anyone remember Spot???

7YearsDog

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Out of those, I pick Balto.
But, out of all the dogs, it's a tie for me between Dug and Max Goof.

Role
  1. Private
Alright Mods, you can delete this thread. I'll just create another poll with more options, but for the love of god leave Bolt and Dug out of this. Think of dogs from the days of 2D animation.

Trevor

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
Maybe if you define the terms enough, you'll get the answer you want. Maybe ask for favorite animated dog from 1995.

Status
Not open for further replies.