The Animorphs

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcusBear

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Diaperfur, , Carer
Well they could still think like humans and they could still communicate in English (telepathically), so they're sort of human characteristics. They're not physical, but do they have to be physical characteristics for it to be anthropomorphism? Because that's how I would imagine myself as an anthropomorphic character - completly like an animal physically, but with a human brain and some way of communicating.

I remember back when I used to read these books (and I loved them!) I would always daydream about having the ability to turn into animals...
Speaking telephathically is not a human trait so could it be considered a human characteristic? :chin:

It's debatable eitherway, boils down to personal preference on what type of anthropomorphism you enjoy, whether it be psychical or not.

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Wikipedia said:
Fictional work celebrated by furry fandom typically attributes high-level intelligence, human facial expressions and anatomy, speech, bipedalism, clothing, or other attributes to otherwise animal characters.
Nope.

Tygon

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Little, Incontinent
Yeah, Animorphs... freaking awesome series, I read all of it (including the longer Chronicles books that gave a lot of background on why the Yeerk invasion of earth--hell, even how all the different species in the series came into existence--happened) several times. For a series written for young teens, it had some fairly good concepts (on good/evil & how they are usually not clear-cut or diametrically opposed, war & viewpoints from both sides of the battle, and growing up).

Anyways, yeah, I'm no furry but from what I've read (and the people I know), I agree with DarkSunDS--the series really isn't furry themed, but a furry could definitely enjoy it. I'm a therian myself...

Rissy

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
I was never really a fan... I mean I like read some or whatever... but the series seemed so futile... There's a secret alien invasion and all they tended to do was break into some of their clubs and burn their pools... It hardly seemed very progressive...

crash632

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Ah..the Animorphs..I do recall owning a few of those storybooks...it was slightly like beast wars except the animals transformed into humans not robots

Status
Not open for further replies.