The Animorphs

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FullMetal

I am not a fur or what not, but I used to read these books called Animorphs. They are a really good serious that always started out with "I can't tell you my real name but (dot dot dot)"

Anyway, it was all about these kids who had the ability to change into animals whenever they wanted and stuff but only for a certain amount of time because if they exceeded the limit of time or something they would be that animal forever. I am improving but I do remember that they fought crime or something like that...by....being animals...It was cool because you followed the story of one kid in every book and how he dealt with turning into an animal and how he used the ability and all.

I was just wondering though...is this like a furry thing? Because...I mean, it's pretty sweet!

If you are a furry, and haven't read one of these books, I recommend it. They are children books, but awesome fun, even if you are not a furry.

I mean....like, look at the cover:

Even that's cool!

Anyway, what do you people think? Furry? Have you read it? Is a sea monkey really a monkey?

FullMetal

James

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
It also used to be a tv show that came on nickelodeon back in the 90s.

BromeTeks

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
Ah, yes. I've read a few of those, I have to say the Choose your own adventure ones are my favorite in that series. But yeah, fun fun.

Aki

Est. Contributor
Role
Little
I loved that series. =O I watched the show before I read the books, but still.

PuddleFopsKit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Incontinent
Fullmetal, I read nearly all of those back when they were popular, and yes, I agree that it is a cool series. I'm not a furry either, so I can't say for sure whether its furry, but I'd wager that it could be..

Ranger

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur
I read that series too. I had the entire series, which I donated to my city library.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
Ahh, I read quite a few of those books.
They didn't fight crime, they fought aliens that live in people's brains! That go swimming in a pool?
Something like that.

I never really thought of it as being furry, but I guess it kind of is.

F

FullMetal

Oh my god, yea they did!!! I loved that. The brain worms or something. And there was a pool that they harvest them in!

Well...whatever, they COULD have fought crime...if they wanted...

All I can remember is wanting to be the wolf because he was cool...

FullMetal [is a loser]

PuddleFopsKit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Incontinent
Close enough, imo.. they fought evil.. Crime; evil, what's the difference?

Last edited:
X

xdeadx

Yea, I used to read the stories. I don't remember much, but if they stayed in animal form for longer then 2 hours they would become that animal forever. They could also turn into any animal they touched. The power was given to them by.... I can't remember but it started with an A. There was the blue crystal they touched that gave them the power.

Ranger

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur
They got their powers from an Andalite, who was killed shortly after meeting them. They ended up rescuing the anadlite's younger brother a couple of books later.

Mysterious

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
Yeah, didn't he have some comment at the end of the first book saying something about him being digested? >_>

Oh well, I remember the show, I always watched, I remember that one kid got stuck as a bird, I had some toy of him. >_>;

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Oh! Nakedness! :D

They had to learn how to morph without losing there clothes! Because if you morph into something small you'd lose your clothes and when you went back to being human, you came back naked!

I think that's one of the reasons the guy got stuck as a bird, he hated morphing back nude. Plus flying is fun!

MarcusBear

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Diaperfur, , Carer
I half-arsedly watched the television programme.

I was aware of the book series but I never bothered to pick one up and read it, even as a kid I thought it was lame.

The demon headmaster was better.

I wouldn't consider them to be anthropomorphic since they transformed into the animal itself and not a human hybrid, it's therianthropic. Since therianthropes preach that they aren't a part of the furry fandom in my opinion it isn't furry.

Therianthropy said:
the term is often used to refer to any human to animal transformation.

Dream

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
I think that's one of the reasons the guy got stuck as a bird, he hated morphing back nude. Plus flying is fun!
No, he got stuck as a bird because he was in his morph for longer then 2 hours, and lost his morphing powers so he couldn't morph back to his humam form. Later on in the story, he gain his power but his body well alway be a bird.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
No, he got stuck as a bird because he was in his morph for longer then 2 hours, and lost his morphing powers so he couldn't morph back to his humam form. Later on in the story, he gain his power but his body well alway be a bird.
lol. I meant that it was one of the reasons he ended up exceeding the 2 hour limit. :p

Ranger

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur
Actually, he got stuck because he couldn't morph back w/o being captured by the enemy.

Dream

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
Actually, he got stuck because he couldn't morph back w/o being captured by the enemy.
Thanks :). I was trying to remerber why he got stuck in his bird morph in the first place.

Squigma

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur
I wouldn't consider them to be anthropomorphic since they transformed into the animal itself and not a human hybrid, it's therianthropic. Since therianthropes preach that they aren't a part of the furry fandom in my opinion it isn't furry.
Well they could still think like humans and they could still communicate in English (telepathically), so they're sort of human characteristics. They're not physical, but do they have to be physical characteristics for it to be anthropomorphism? Because that's how I would imagine myself as an anthropomorphic character - completly like an animal physically, but with a human brain and some way of communicating.

I remember back when I used to read these books (and I loved them!) I would always daydream about having the ability to turn into animals...

Status
Not open for further replies.