The American Way [Rant] [Excessive swearing]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
Diaper Lover
Here's what we need to do, lets close our boarders to all middle eastern countries, possibly with the exception of Israel as soon as they get pwnd by Muslims. We will take ALL of our military forces OUT of any other country, even if they wanted our help, we will see what happens when the world doesn't have the US to fix its problems. Oh no England just got nuked, oh well, you all hate us don't you?

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I know not EVERYONE is like that, but it seems that the vast majority of the country is, and most messages we receive are just telling us we're fine the way we are.
Normal people also think that the majority of The Hell's Angels are psychopaths when really they are friendly aside for a minority of its members. They even collect toys for children. Yet you can go out right now and ask people what they think of the hells angels and they will say they are lawless and violent and should be in jail.

Anyways the point of that was again to prove that everything is not what it seems.
----------------
Now playing: Gary Jules - Mad World
via FoxyTunes

Role
Diaper Lover
I assume they are violent when provoked, eg, by rival gangs, but aren't we all eh?

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Holy ****. I mean, wow.

Couple of things here.

I am not BLAMING anyone or anything. I'm saying that there are a lot of things about my country that I do not agree with. I never said any of our problems are entirely society's fault, but you do have to agree with me that a large percentage of humans, and americans especially in my experience, really do not treat nature or other humans very well. And yeah, maybe 'The American Way' was a bad phrase to use...perhaps 'Current American Popular Society and Governmental Trends' would have been better.

But these responses have really opened my eyes, and I thank you all for them (especially Rance and Yawgmoth)

Also....I was REALLY tired.

Yawgmoth

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I am not BLAMING anyone or anything. I'm saying that there are a lot of things about my country that I do not agree with. I never said any of our problems are entirely society's fault, but you do have to agree with me that a large percentage of humans, and americans especially in my experience, really do not treat nature or other humans very well. And yeah, maybe 'The American Way' was a bad phrase to use...perhaps 'Current American Popular Society and Governmental Trends' would have been better.
Quoted for truthery.

ZodiacPup

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur
All countries have a lot of thing to be proud of. I can say sh!t about mine, but at the end of the day, there are a loot of good things in here. Clearly there might be a lot of things wrong, but that's because a country is still made of humans, and humans are not perfect. We wish everyone was polite, educated, thin, beautiful, etc. etc., but even the most valued art pieces have defects, and even the most crappy persons have their good stuff hidden somewhere. It is part of what we are. Believe it or not, a lot of people would love to be where you are. Wonder why there are a lot of people fighting to get into the US? Maybe you'll say "they're dumb", but I bet they have a lot of good reasons for trying. Otherwise, why bother with all that?

I hated my country to the hifhest level, hated all the people that lived in there, until something happenned (it is a long story) to me and made me change my mind. Now I'm a lil more tolerant with everyone who crosses my way. Perhaps something like that needs to happen to you, so all that hate fades and turns into comperhension.

If that makes you feel better, at least America has good services.

Holy ****. I mean, wow.

Couple of things here.

But these responses have really opened my eyes, and I thank you all for them (especially Rance and Yawgmoth)

Also....I was REALLY tired.
Oops. I think my comment came a little late, then.

I have experienced a lot of bad things going on in my country, and that made me hate this place to the extreme.... My point is, anger can make us loose all the landscape and focus on the bad stuff only. My advice: talk to people, including the negative ones, perhaps they have something human to say. Who knows? Everyone has a story behind, and that makes us act the way we do.

Now I regret the way I was behaving, and feel like an idiot for not seeing what was really happenning. We all get treated in some ways, but there is always a reason.

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Manveru,

I can understand where you were upset. And you do make a good point that humans do not display to one another the care and concern that they should -- nor do they extend it to nature, either.

Although I did not dislike my country, it took me a long time to realize that it's something I take a lot of pride in. I did a lot of reading, a lot of research, a lot of discovering what the country was founded for, what makes it tick, and what's in it that's going wrong that makes me like it so much. Before then, I didn't really have any reason not to know -- I was just choosing not to find out!

ZodiacPup

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur
Manveru,

I can understand where you were upset. And you do make a good point that humans do not display to one another the care and concern that they should -- nor do they extend it to nature, either.

Although I did not dislike my country, it took me a long time to realize that it's something I take a lot of pride in. I did a lot of reading, a lot of research, a lot of discovering what the country was founded for, what makes it tick, and what's in it that's going wrong that makes me like it so much. Before then, I didn't really have any reason not to know -- I was just choosing not to find out!
I think there is a Bugs Bunny episode explaining that ^^ Not really serious, but that came to my mind while reading this.

Role
Yeah. I hate a lot of things about my country, but I love a lot of things too. I love that we have the freedoms that we do, and I appreciate everyone who is fighting for them and who has fought for them. I love that I have the opportunities that I do for work and a good place to live, and that damn near everyone has the same rights that I do if they're willing to work for them.

I love my country, but I hate what it's becoming.

ZodiacPup

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur
There is only one way to stop its course: be yourself and always do the best for you. Try to get others involved also. Sow a positive and happy attitude. That way other people will say "Wow, that guy is happy, how he does it?" and they will see you're making an effort to change things for good. That will be hard, but pleasuring.

Edit: I remeber when I was ALWAYS complaining about EVERYTHING. I got really unpopular and unhappy. I'm trying to change that, and maybe others will not notice, but I feel good with myself, and my environment.

[O.T.: A negative rep I got also oppened my eyes. This is REALLY a support community.]

Role
Diaper Lover
Everyone says it is a support comunity, what are we supporting, each-other? How?

Allanon

Contributor
Role
I just hate people, pretty much. It's better to be pleasantly surprised by an act of kindness than to be disappointed by an act of hatred. If you expect the worst out of people, and can be content with that outlook, you live a happier life. Or at least I do. I'm no longer let down time and time again by people - I'm pleasantly surprised every now and then. Maybe not a very optimistic view on people, but I've been living with that outlook for several years now.

I will agree there is a fair bit of sexism still existing (maybe not just a fair bit, a lot) but racism in almost any form is so ridiculously NOT tolerated here, it's almost like the German's attitude towards Nazism. It's like we want to try and forget what we put minority groups through because it is so horrifying. I live out in the sticks, too, where you'd expect racism to be more prevalent. Sure, we still have KKK members, we still have bigots, but they are for the most part becoming a silent group slowly moving to near extinction. We had a KKK demonstration in a neighboring county's courthouse lawn. You know what the community's reaction to that was? Extreme distaste. There was even a counter protest, and even motions to bar the KKK's protests. I'm glad they had the freedom to voice their opinions, however much I might disagree with them, or how horrible and disgusting I think the ideals they stand for are. That's part of free speech rights.

As far as sexism, the chauvinistic attitude of a lot of men in this country is absolutely disgusting. Women have made it clear to the top of corporate ladders, which I think is great, they've overcome a lot of areas previously inaccessible to them due to attitudes/prejudices, but it seems to me at least the attitude of the average American male is...well...they act like absolutely pigs, to put it one way.

America's biggest problem right now is complacency and apathy. It's carrying over into every facet of our lives and ripping people apart, from the inside out. Eventually I can see it causing us to drop right back into extreme racism, sexism, hatred, bigotry, etc. We've allowed "Big Brother" to be implemented far too much already just due to this simple problem - apathy & complacency. The idea is "well if you aren't doing anything wrong, then you don't have anything to worry about." It's a failure to look at the actual principle of the matter, instead of just the surface, of just how it applies to you.

The point being though, don't let overly vocal minorities warp your view of what America really is. We have plenty of assholes and bigots in this country, but don't let the fact that we allow them to voice their opinions mix with any ideas that most people approve of them, because I don't think most American are like that.

Mingus

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, , Carer
Marginally OT, but I'm sick of letting these misrepresentations slide

Here's what we need to do, lets close our boarders to all middle eastern countries, possibly with the exception of Israel as soon as they get pwnd by Muslims. We will take ALL of our military forces OUT of any other country, even if they wanted our help, we will see what happens when the world doesn't have the US to fix its problems. Oh no England just got nuked, oh well, you all hate us don't you?
I'll start by saying I recognise this for the sarcasm it is.

I assume you mean closing our borders to *people from* Middle Eastern countries. The US has no borders with Middle Eastern countries. More over, we don't grant many visas to people from these countries, particularly post-9/11, and they go through extensive vetting. Immigrants are far from being the sole cause of America's problems (and let's bear in mind that America is a country built by immigrants, and that its promise lies therein). Finally, Islam is one of the world's great faiths, with over one billion adherents. There is only one Middle Eastern country among the top ten most populous predominantly Islamic countries (Iran, if you're wondering--it's number seven). The vast majority of Muslims are not terrorists. They worship the same Abrahamic God as Christians and Jews do. Slagging off Muslims, claiming they are all terrorists, and assuming that the Middle East has most of the world's Muslims (only 20%) shows that you have never cared to learn the truth or look beyond Fox News's broadcasts on international politics. Expand your mind--you might learn something interesting.

While I agree with you that the US does fix some of the world's problems, it also creates a variety of problems--such is the burden of being a superpower. Have others borne that burden less honourably? Sure. Could we bear it better? Of course. There is no excuse for ignoring reasonable suggestions for improvement, and this is especially true when the future of the world is at stake.

Role
Private
Everyone says it is a support comunity, what are we supporting, each-other? How?
This is a debate of opinion. I wouldn't expect there to be much support in here, which is okay.

I generally agree with your posts, Lukie, but I have to ask you: just how 'free' is Australia? Yours is a country that is, in theory, free as well.
In many regards we censor a lot more than what America does. From what I've been told, our media is a lot more different and less controversy-oriented than the media over in the US. Where we might show a story about a murder every so often, it seems to be an all too common occurrence in the American media. Yes, we do get US News channels and programs here. The American "lifestyle output" is a lot more negative in terms of what is presented, and as such, it influences the ideals of quite a handful of people here.

That's just one way of putting it. What does it mean to be "free"? Sure, I have the same rights as freedom of speech, equality and opportunities, yet does that mean I'm "free"? I don't necessarily feel that way all time as I still have to abide by the law, pay my taxes and work a job to support myself. To no extent is someone truly free. There will always be those chains that we, as a society, have created and latched onto ourselves in order to have the perfect way of life. In that sense, we've achieved the total opposite of what we set out for.

In contrast to America, exactly how "free" is Australia? I wouldn't know - I don't have to live by your laws nor do I have to live "the American way of life", whatever that may be.

But there was a thread a few weeks ago about how Australia is now more overweight, as a country, than the US. How many Australians are consumer-obsessed? Have you ever been to America, Lukie?
No, I haven't been to America, but I do plan to soon.

I think you have to look at the obesity issue in a certain light. Yes, Australia is more overweight than America in terms of Percentage of Population. However, America still has more overweight people. Now tell me, what do you think is the bigger problem? If America had the same obesity rates as us (and keep in mind, you are very close to our rates - coming in just behind us), you'd have a hell of a lot more overweight people. That's simply because you have a much higher population than us. I think for a country like ours where the population is relatively small, having a slightly higher obesity rate is much better than having a huge population and an obesity rate that is only just a fraction smaller than ours.

As for our consumerism, what can I say to that? We are a first-world developed nation. Of course we are going to be a target for the big corporations as they expand their ventures into other markets. To turn your question on you, have you ever visited Australia? I'll tell you that it's not exactly hard to find a McDonalds, Subway or Pizza Hut. In all honesty, When I do travel to America, I'm not expecting much of a culture-shock. Perhaps before trying to label us a consumerist nation, you should consider where all these big corporations are actually coming from. Can you name me any Australian-owned companies that have a huge market-hold in America? (And I mean OWNED, not founded in this country. I'm talking about companies that still are registered as being Australian)

Even having lived in Australia all my life, I could probably name you more American companies than Australian one's.

Perhaps you shouldn't condemn us all as residents of 'crime [in]fested, gun-worshipping, sluthole.'
That's the image you give yourselves!

Perhaps you should go back an reread my post. I clearly stated that that is the image I get from television and the over-exposure we have here to American media. It's hard to think otherwise when all you get from America is guns, violence, shitty politics and "redneck" and crime TV shows.

It's complicated to explain. That's the image I get from you guys and having never visited the country, it's really all I have to go by. So, as a result, I may have an opinion about America, but I don't have any personal feelings on the matter. I figure that it all could change when I do get to experience your country, so I'm leaving myself open to possible change. It's easy to change an opinion when you don't truly believe it. After visiting your country, then I will make a subjective judgement that I truly believe.

Mingus

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, , Carer
In many regards we censor a lot more than what America does. From what I've been told, our media is a lot more different and less controversy-oriented than the media over in the US. Where we might show a story about a murder every so often, it seems to be an all too common occurrence in the American media. Yes, we do get US News channels and programs here. The American "lifestyle output" is a lot more negative in terms of what is presented, and as such, it influences the ideals of quite a handful of people here.
I will agree with you that much of the American media focuses on controversy, and is marketed as entertainment rather than information. Whether this is true of Australia is not something I feel competent to speak about, as I have never been there. I know the British media is similar. The only newspaper I really like is the FT. The Washington Post, NYT, Guardian, and Times I find reductive and simplistic. And the NYT has a tendency to treat other countries as provinces of America, and consider them only as they relate to America. I'm not sure censoring the media is the best way to deal with the problem, but I hold a deep aversion to most censorship, and I find it difficult to think of a solution to media incompetence generally. The TV media is certainly dreadful, for the most part. But there is more to America than that, just as there is far more to Australia than Outback, Foster's, and the Sydney Opera House.

That's just one way of putting it. What does it mean to be "free"? Sure, I have the same rights as freedom of speech, equality and opportunities, yet does that mean I'm "free"? I don't necessarily feel that way all time as I still have to abide by the law, pay my taxes and work a job to support myself. To no extent is someone truly free. There will always be those chains that we, as a society, have created and latched onto ourselves in order to have the perfect way of life. In that sense, we've achieved the total opposite of what we set out for.
'Man is born free, and he is everywhere in chains.' I can see where you're coming from. Nevertheless, the fact that your media is censored (to a larger degree than the media here) suggests that Australia has a smaller degree of freedom of the press. Of course, this might result in less reporting of gossip masquerading as news, but you wonder what censorship winnows out that out to be left alone. This is not to slag off Australia, merely to suggest that there are substantive differences in individual freedom. Britain takes a much harder line on free speech than the US does, and there is speech which would be protected in the US and would not in Britain. Again, a debatable point whether such speech should be permitted, but my broader point stands.

In contrast to America, exactly how "free" is Australia? I wouldn't know - I don't have to live by your laws nor do I have to live "the American way of life", whatever that may be.
I'm not sure there is an American way of life, any more than there is an Australian one. There are so many people who liver here, and are so different, that you can't generalise on such a large scale.

No, I haven't been to America, but I do plan to soon.
Parts of it are beautiful, and people are generally decent and friendly, so you might be pleasantly surprised. Or, perhaps, not. I'd love to visit Australia, but lack the resources to go anytime soon.

I think you have to look at the obesity issue in a certain light. Yes, Australia is more overweight than America in terms of Percentage of Population. However, America still has more overweight people. Now tell me, what do you think is the bigger problem? If America had the same obesity rates as us (and keep in mind, you are very close to our rates - coming in just behind us), you'd have a hell of a lot more overweight people. That's simply because you have a much higher population than us. I think for a country like ours where the population is relatively small, having a slightly higher obesity rate is much better than having a huge population and an obesity rate that is only just a fraction smaller than ours.
I take your point. And I can agree that some of these trends seem to come from the US.

As for our consumerism, what can I say to that? We are a first-world developed nation. Of course we are going to be a target for the big corporations as they expand their ventures into other markets. To turn your question on you, have you ever visited Australia? I'll tell you that it's not exactly hard to find a McDonalds, Subway or Pizza Hut. In all honesty, When I do travel to America, I'm not expecting much of a culture-shock. Perhaps before trying to label us a consumerist nation, you should consider where all these big corporations are actually coming from. Can you name me any Australian-owned companies that have a huge market-hold in America? (And I mean OWNED, not founded in this country. I'm talking about companies that still are registered as being Australian)
All valid points. As an American (and Brit) who spends a lot of time in Scotland, all of those establishments are widely available in Edinburgh. I think the global homogenisation of culture is a shame, but remember that a market requires buyers and sellers. If Australians weren't willing to participate wholeheartedly in America's corporate success, all of those establishments would fail. Clearly, based on the proliferation of Starbucks, Pizza Huts, Dominos, and so on in Edinburgh, these places do succeed. I don't think all the blame can be placed with Americans--there aren't THAT many tourists in many places (with the notable exception of the Tower of London, whose McDonalds is probably supported largely by tourists).

As for Australian companies with a big market hold in America, I can't think of any. Outback is a popular restaurant chain, but I'm pretty sure they're actually American (I sincerely hope they aren't ACTUALLY Australian). Bear in mind, though, that Australia is relatively small, as you noted--20m people compared to our 300m. We occupy a position analogous to that of the British empire, in that we are the biggest commercial power in the world (for now--and those analogies are somewhat disconcerting, but that's another discussion).

That's the image you give yourselves!
Worth noting that you can't generalise to such a large group of people. Bear in mind that many (although, unfortunately, probably not a majority of) Americans dislike and oppose this image. The television you see is not necessarily representative of the 'real' America, if such a thing exists, any more than Neighbours represents all Australians. You hear the worst about America, with very little chance to see the best about Americans. You might feel differently when you meet more of us. Then again, based on my experiences in international airports, Americans you meet abroad come across rude, pushy, arrogant, overweight, and ignorant. A generalisation, to be sure, but that's my experience. Perhaps Americans who don't fit the stereotype stand out less.

Perhaps you should go back an reread my post. I clearly stated that that is the image I get from television and the over-exposure we have here to American media. It's hard to think otherwise when all you get from America is guns, violence, shitty politics and "redneck" and crime TV shows.
I can see that. But think about what else we provided: Broadway, Hollywood (the older Hollywood, not most of the shit that's around now), Jazz, F. Scott Fitzgerald, Faulkner, the longest-established codified constitution in the world, the Marshall Plan, defeating the Japanese in the Pacific (and thanks to Australia, who played a significant role in that victory) in WWII, Steinbeck, Copland, Bernstein, Omaha Beach... Have we gone wrong somewhere? Perhaps. But for all that's bad about America, and embarassing about Americans, there is much that is good. We have things to be proud of, and we have a long way to go. I think that living overseas gives you a distorted perception of what the place is really like (and I say this as someone who grew up in Virginia, but has lived in Scotland for two years). Scotland is about more than haggis, whisky, and hooliganism, too.

It's complicated to explain. That's the image I get from you guys and having never visited the country, it's really all I have to go by. So, as a result, I may have an opinion about America, but I don't have any personal feelings on the matter. I figure that it all could change when I do get to experience your country, so I'm leaving myself open to possible change. It's easy to change an opinion when you don't truly believe it. After visiting your country, then I will make a subjective judgement that I truly believe.
Fair enough. Hope you enjoy your trip, whenever you make it! And do get out beyond some of the big cities--it's a very different kind of experience.

Peace.

Role
I too have experienced the message that overseas american media can give - but it CAN be positive (the only american show they had in Finland was Conan O'Brien and they LOVE him.)

Role
Private
I will agree with you that much of the American media focuses on controversy, and is marketed as entertainment rather than information. Whether this is true of Australia is not something I feel competent to speak about, as I have never been there. I know the British media is similar. The only newspaper I really like is the FT. The Washington Post, NYT, Guardian, and Times I find reductive and simplistic. And the NYT has a tendency to treat other countries as provinces of America, and consider them only as they relate to America. I'm not sure censoring the media is the best way to deal with the problem, but I hold a deep aversion to most censorship, and I find it difficult to think of a solution to media incompetence generally. The TV media is certainly dreadful, for the most part. But there is more to America than that, just as there is far more to Australia than Outback, Foster's, and the Sydney Opera House.

'Man is born free, and he is everywhere in chains.' I can see where you're coming from. Nevertheless, the fact that your media is censored (to a larger degree than the media here) suggests that Australia has a smaller degree of freedom of the press. Of course, this might result in less reporting of gossip masquerading as news, but you wonder what censorship winnows out that out to be left alone. This is not to slag off Australia, merely to suggest that there are substantive differences in individual freedom. Britain takes a much harder line on free speech than the US does, and there is speech which would be protected in the US and would not in Britain. Again, a debatable point whether such speech should be permitted, but my broader point stands.
My point still stands, however, that American media is by far more negative that anything we get here. Constantly telling someone all the negative aspects of a country doesn't instil much faith in them that the place is worthwhile to visit. Maybe American media just shouldn't be shown in other countries..

And, in fact, Australia actually has more freedom of the press than America does. (Aus #28, America #48).

It's not so much we censor out a lot of things, we just tend to focus more positively on what we present, so stories that are disturbing in nature aren't frequently seen.

I'm not sure there is an American way of life, any more than there is an Australian one. There are so many people who liver here, and are so different, that you can't generalise on such a large scale.
Australia is a multicultural boiling pot, yet we require all new citizens to take an oath saying that they will uphold Australian values. To some degree, that does include those things that Australians are known for but it more so concerns our collective ideals and thoughts on any particular subject. It's more of a culture thing, that we expect if you live here, you will uphold "what it means to be Australian". As an example, those Racial Riots you saw a while back were, in part, caused by racial tension and "non-Australians" not respecting the Australian way of life.

I believe every country has their own "way of life", one that borderlines a stereotypical lifestyle of that society.

All valid points. As an American (and Brit) who spends a lot of time in Scotland, all of those establishments are widely available in Edinburgh. I think the global homogenisation of culture is a shame, but remember that a market requires buyers and sellers. If Australians weren't willing to participate wholeheartedly in America's corporate success, all of those establishments would fail. Clearly, based on the proliferation of Starbucks, Pizza Huts, Dominos, and so on in Edinburgh, these places do succeed. I don't think all the blame can be placed with Americans--there aren't THAT many tourists in many places (with the notable exception of the Tower of London, whose McDonalds is probably supported largely by tourists).
Australians buy into it because we aren't provided with many "local" alternatives (especially in urban areas) - and the one's we do have are usually more expensive. Of course families or people-on-the-go are going to take the cheaper, faster alternative even if that means a significant drop in quality. As far as I can see, big American corporations have such a stranglehold on this country that it's impossible not to buy their goods. We are backed into a corner and not given a more viable alternative.

Klokwork

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
You know what? **** the American way. The American way was founded on slavery, racism, sexism, and a religion that I cannot ****ing STAND.

The American way is teaching us to be lazy complacent fatassess obsessed with looks and sex appeal. Nice catch 22 there.

The American way is producing racism and hate faster than any peace group in the history of the universe can snuff it out.

The American way idolizes 'beautiful' women while pressuring teenage girls to get plastic surgery or become bulimic.

The American way is teaching us that god chose humans to grab mother nature by the throat and wipe our asses on her face, laughing the whole time, while cramming a triple-processed 'meat' cheeseburger down our morbidly obese faces.

If we were chosen by a God or higher power, we were chosen to lead the world into a new era of prosperity and peace, not make nature our bitch, kill half the ozone, hate each other for ****ing RETARDED reasons, and **** the ecosystem sideways. We were chosen to be LIKE god, so unless god is a racist sexist arrogant war-mongering polluting ****WAD, we're doing SOMETHING wrong.
Yeah, well get the **** out. We won't miss you. Go. Go off to a magical land with no racism or sexism and they don't live off the land. Good luck finding it. Give me one example of a country that never had slaves or treated women as property. is there something wrong with liking beautiful women? We can't all be models. Some people are ****ing ugly and kill my boner. Deal with it. And nature? Screw it. We've been here on this planet for such a short amount of time, there is no possible way we could have any consequential effect on the planet even if we tried. And yeah, religion is retarded, but you've had your whole life to get used to it. America's not some big, evil, bad guy. And by the way, you're American. You think you're part of the solution because you complain about the problem? You're just as much to blame for all this shit as any American. Get off your high horse and quit bitching about your country that gave you every opportunity to be successful in life and the right to pursue happiness. So go to your magical imaginary country and cry with ugly chicks while we **** super models and bail the world out of shit time and time again.

Role
Yeah, well get the **** out. We won't miss you. Go. Go off to a magical land with no racism or sexism and they don't live off the land. Good luck finding it. Give me one example of a country that never had slaves or treated women as property. is there something wrong with liking beautiful women? We can't all be models. Some people are ****ing ugly and kill my boner. Deal with it. And nature? Screw it. We've been here on this planet for such a short amount of time, there is no possible way we could have any consequential effect on the planet even if we tried. And yeah, religion is retarded, but you've had your whole life to get used to it. America's not some big, evil, bad guy. And by the way, you're American. You think you're part of the solution because you complain about the problem? You're just as much to blame for all this shit as any American. Get off your high horse and quit bitching about your country that gave you every opportunity to be successful in life and the right to pursue happiness. So go to your magical imaginary country and cry with ugly chicks while we **** super models and bail the world out of shit time and time again.

Uhm....did you read anything in this topic other than my first post?

Yawgmoth

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Because I widely agree with many of the points in Dethklok's post, I will rephrase it in portions to a more polite, affluent, and friendly post so that the position doesn't become tainted by the veil of extremity.

Without further delay, I present to you the polite renovation of Dethklok's post...

Yeah, well get the **** out. We won't miss you. Go.
If you do not enjoy the benefits and freedoms that are so prevalent in the United States, then you have the freedom (unlike in many other countries) to leave.

Go off to a magical land with no racism or sexism and they don't live off the land. Good luck finding it. Give me one example of a country that never had slaves or treated women as property.
Unfortunately, I strongly doubt that you will find another country that fits your high expectations. However, if you do find such a place, then I admire your effort and determination to search so far and wide.

Is there something wrong with liking beautiful women? We can't all be models. Some people are ****ing ugly and kill my boner. Deal with it.
I, personally, enjoy the sight of an attractive woman. I do not believe this is a product of the media, but instead a product of my overall taste toward women. Everyone has a different taste in the opposite sex, and I for one find that certain people, whomever they may be, kill the mood for me.

And nature? Screw it. We've been here on this planet for such a short amount of time, there is no possible way we could have any consequential effect on the planet even if we tried.
"An Inconvenient Truth" was more of an Inconvenient Movie, in my opinion. I believe that this planet has been here for billions of years, while people on the other hand have only been here for thousands. It is my opinion that there is nothing mankind could do that the planet couldn't recover from.

And yeah, religion is retarded, but you've had your whole life to get used to it.
Religion is independent of the "American Way", it has existed for hundreds of years before America was ever conceived, in fact it existed before civilization arose. Thus I believe that Religion should not be addressed as one of the contributing factors to this overall issue that we're discussing.

America's not some big, evil, bad guy. And by the way, you're American. You think you're part of the solution because you complain about the problem? You're just as much to blame for all this shit as any American. Get off your high horse and quit bitching about your country that gave you every opportunity to be successful in life and the right to pursue happiness.
In short, America is not as bad as many people make it out to be. You, yourself, are an American mind you. Sure, we have problems here, but then again every other country does as well. If you'd like to help America become the ideal place that you wish it could be, I suggest going out and making yourself heard; use your rights that this country offers you to make it better.

So go to your magical imaginary country and cry with ugly chicks while we **** super models and bail the world out of shit time and time again.
Lastly, if this hasn't persuaded you from your opinion, I'd like to offer up my initial solution to attempt to find a better place in which to live in.

I hope you all enjoied my polite renovation of Dethklok's post. :D:D:D

Uhm....did you read anything in this topic other than my first post?
It is my professional opinion that he, obviously, did not read the other posts in the thread. Forgive him, he'd rather rant than read.

Status
Not open for further replies.