The American Way [Rant] [Excessive swearing]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
You know what? **** the American way. The American way was founded on slavery, racism, sexism, and a religion that I cannot ****ing STAND.

The American way is teaching us to be lazy complacent fatassess obsessed with looks and sex appeal. Nice catch 22 there.

The American way is producing racism and hate faster than any peace group in the history of the universe can snuff it out.

The American way idolizes 'beautiful' women while pressuring teenage girls to get plastic surgery or become bulimic.

The American way is teaching us that god chose humans to grab mother nature by the throat and wipe our asses on her face, laughing the whole time, while cramming a triple-processed 'meat' cheeseburger down our morbidly obese faces.

If we were chosen by a God or higher power, we were chosen to lead the world into a new era of prosperity and peace, not make nature our bitch, kill half the ozone, hate each other for ****ing RETARDED reasons, and **** the ecosystem sideways. We were chosen to be LIKE god, so unless god is a racist sexist arrogant war-mongering polluting ****WAD, we're doing SOMETHING wrong.

Samaki

Contributor
Role
I agree America has become ****ed ever since the start of the 20th century.

I have actually had thoughts about not eating meat just to piss off the "real" Americans, *whispers* rednecks *cough*. (btw I am hopefully going to stop eating meat soon but not because of the redneck's I may not agree with everything that PETA does but I've seen enough of there videos to be disgusted with what I eat)

"Rednecks" aren't even real rednecks, they just like to be called that because they think it makes them sound cool. Redneck I believe, I might be mistaken though but I think I'm not, is a term for an Indain.

Indians loved nature, would never do anything to harm nature, but the "rednecks" nowadays **** over the Earth, leave giant dumps wherever they go, drive vehicles that waste the most gas, go crazy, break the law, and more.

Now I know your talking about more than just rednecks, but this little top part of my post was a flame against them.

Now for talking about your stuff.

I agree, with pretty much everything you say here. We have nothing to be proud of, most countries are actually disgusted with us.

The average male American, loves beautiful women, hates women that look "average" they have to be beautiful to get them. They love lesbians but hate gays, the don't give a shit about the lesbians they just want to watch them. Hates anything thats not normal, WHAT THE HELL DOES NORMAL MEAN!!!!! I have to agree with Chris Crocker there, which I don't usually do but hey.

The American way is, you are aloud to be any religion you want as long as you follow all the bibles rules, say that you love god by just pledging to the flag, and hating someone because they are different.

If it was easy and I didn't have to leave all my friend and family behind I would just up and say **** it and leave, maybe go to England, or Austria (meh origins W00T!!!!!)

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
You know what? **** the American way. The American way was founded on slavery, racism, sexism, and a religion that I cannot ****ing STAND.

The American way is teaching us to be lazy complacent fatassess obsessed with looks and sex appeal. Nice catch 22 there.

The American way is producing racism and hate faster than any peace group in the history of the universe can snuff it out.

The American way idolizes 'beautiful' women while pressuring teenage girls to get plastic surgery or become bulimic.

The American way is teaching us that god chose humans to grab mother nature by the throat and wipe our asses on her face, laughing the whole time, while cramming a triple-processed 'meat' cheeseburger down our morbidly obese faces.

If we were chosen by a God or higher power, we were chosen to lead the world into a new era of prosperity and peace, not make nature our bitch, kill half the ozone, hate each other for ****ing RETARDED reasons, and **** the ecosystem sideways. We were chosen to be LIKE god, so unless god is a racist sexist arrogant war-mongering polluting ****WAD, we're doing SOMETHING wrong.
God bless America, eh?

Note I agree with NONE of that at all. People blaming society is a load of %*$* to me. You are what you make of yourself. End of story.

Role
I'm not BLAMING society, I'm saying it is partially responsible. Because people are products of their environment- at least PARTIALLY.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Because people are products of their environment- at least PARTIALLY.
If they chose to be. Anyways you should check out the song "Cookie Jar" from Jack Johnson. I think it may help calm you down a little. Also it has nothing to do with a cookie jar.

Role
If they chose to be. Anyways you should check out the song "Cookie Jar" from Jack Johnson. I think it may help calm you down a little. Also it has nothing to do with a cookie jar.
I'm going to call BS on this, with a simple yet outlandish example.

According to your view, a child in Scandinavia, where there ISN'T a McDonald's every 5 blocks and where sports are encouraged more as 'fun' than as 'competition to make you feel better about your tiny dick' is more likely to be overweight than a child in America?

Yeah, no. I'm not saying it's not possible, but your society affects you whether you want it to or not. Trying to avoid letting your society affect you? It still does, it's making you change your ways to be less conformist.

QED.

I know I turned out overweight because I made some unhealthy choices in my life, but I'd bet fives to fat cells that i'd have benn much less prone to said unhealthy descisions had I been raised in, say, Finland.

Samaki

Contributor
Role
Society has messed with me in so many ways.

I was taught by all my "friends" in 3rd - 6th grade to hate gays, and it was long and hard just to come out to myself.

I was taught by my "friends" that cussing is cool, but it really isn't that cool.

I was taught by TV that in order to be accepted you had to be beautiful in order to get anywhere in life.

I was taught that being a vegan was a bad thing, and disliked many vegans, now I have had thought's of going vegan.

I was taught that all things different were bad, now I love everything pretty much (except for rednecks -.- and bush

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I'm going to call BS on this, with a simple yet outlandish example.

According to your view, a child in Scandinavia, where there ISN'T a McDonald's every 5 blocks and where sports are encouraged more as 'fun' than as 'competition to make you feel better about your tiny dick' is more likely to be overweight than a child in America?

Yeah, no. I'm not saying it's not possible, but your society affects you whether you want it to or not. Trying to avoid letting your society affect you? It still does, it's making you change your ways to be less conformist.

QED.

I know I turned out overweight because I made some unhealthy choices in my life, but I'd bet fives to fat cells that i'd have benn much less prone to said unhealthy descisions had I been raised in, say, Finland.
Well you have every right to state your own thoughts. Me on the other hand will always call BS for anyone who falls prey to peer pressure or to marketing. Its simple enough to see and look past in my view. Now on the other hand I know that little kids and the mental retarded don't understand how the stuff works and I'll excuse them from it but being a full grown adult you should know better.

Also all of what you said is VERY stereotypical and as we all know stereotypes are always true. Like every AB/DL is a 50 year old 350 pound bald guy that likes to sit in a poopy diaper.

----------------
Now playing: Kings Of Leon - On Call
via FoxyTunes

Role
See, you're missing my point entirely.

I'm not saying that the pressure is ENTIRELY responsible, but it sure as **** doesn't help the situation, and whether or not it's a matter of willpower is moot in my argument - you surroundings play at least a small part in the way you turn out. Such as for you, you may have been so disgusted with your surroundings that you taught yourself to look past the BS messages. I know that a lack of willpower is a bad thing, BUT if someone had no willpower and the bad messages weren't there to manipulate that lack, it wouldn't turn out bad, would it?

Yes, you can control your level of being controlled, but you wouldn't HAVE to if the attempted controls weren't THERE.

And I made my bad decisions back in middle school, thanks very much, I realize now how dumb I was and am taking steps to remedy it. But some of the persecution I went through caused damage that cannot be undone (psychological damage that is) And it is VERY obvious to me looking back that MANY people acted in fashion similar to mine - blindly and faithfully following the news and media (media especially) and mocking everyone who was 'different'

I'm not worried about myself, or adults, I'm worried about children, because you develop most of your life-long values and beliefs when you're in middle and high school, and our country is not doing a very good job, since the things we teach and the things the media convey are SO different.

No, the society isn't the ONLY problem, but it IS a problem.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I understood your point from the start. I already admitted children can fall pray to society norms and marketing but really I don't understand what you hope to achieve with this rant. If you did change the world to how you want it you would then be the one "forcing" people to live how you would like them to. No matter what happens people are always going to flow with society.

About the rant itself you know that not everyone is like that at all and if you think most of them are I would love evidence of showing such.

Role
I know not EVERYONE is like that, but it seems that the vast majority of the country is, and most messages we receive are just telling us we're fine the way we are.

Jon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
It's just the general attitude of "blame anyone but yourself"

We blame guns for murder
We blame fast food for obesity
We blame music for violence

And the list goes on. At some point, there's gonna be a wake up call when everyone stops and sees how ****ed up things have gotten, and realize
"Hey. We ****ed up somewhere" and actually decide to do something about it.
Like any other problems, they won't be solved until enough people realize there's a problem and take action.

You have to be the change that you want to see in the world, I think.

~jon

FluffyFluffers

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Sissy
Jon is right I am fat and I have no one to blame but myself society had nothing to do with it. Never blamed anyone else for it ether.

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Other
Life is what you make of it, yes. Society is also very screwed up though.... too much hate and intolerance. Not just America either. In ways, it's like this everywhere, just not to the same extent... and sometimes in different ways (China, Iran, etc). You can be yourself, you can be unique, sure, but you can't avoid society's influence unless you live alone in the woods (or some similar place).

Role
Private
Last I checked, America was founded on freedom and rights. What went wrong was that those people not only have different ideals on what freedom is and what it means to "have right", and they were all hypocrites! The concept of founding the United States, I support, however, it wasn't pulled off very successfully. Over the many generations since the nation was formed, I only have to flick on the TV to see what America has become (and I don't even live in the country!)

Documentaries show me that upheld values of honour, courage, freedom, strength, ethics, morals and values were very prevalent in the early years of the nation, yet the rest of television shows me that it's a crime-fested, dirty, gun-worshipping, IQ-dropping sluthole. I know, I know - I'm getting an opinion from what I've seen on TV, but believe me when I say I don't harbour the feelings to go along with that opinion. I'm remaining neutral about the US. It's just what TV is showing me and God-knows what political, governmental or corporate influences those shows get produced through. However, I will point out that the hypocrisy is still there.

You want me to believe you're a nation of the free, yet you enslave yourselves into the latest trends, become just another face at the office and/or live a meagre existence. You want me to believe that you have many rights to give to your citizens, yet there is still oppression. Freedom is a two-way street. If you give people the right to free speech, then you must expect them to be vocal. If you give people the right to equal opportunities, then you must expect them to take advantage of that. If you give people the right to bear arms, then you must expect that violence will occur. The problem I see is that you find it shocking when then events happen, then blame it on the people who are "living outside the norm" - or rather, you are unwilling to let go of those ingrained values and concepts that were formed back a few centuries ago.

Whilst I can respect that the US is trying to move forward from this outdated concepts, it's just not keeping up with how fast society is changing. Of course, there are some things that I hope will get phased out, like this "skinny is beautiful" mentality. But it goes without saying that I feel there should be more of a change in the ideals as a nation, not just on a regional basis.

Last edited:

Mingus

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, , Carer
I decided not to respond to the OP, because if Manveru feels that way, there's really very little we can do to say it. I have to say, intemperate comments on why American sucks will rarely raise the level of debate in a forum. Whether people agree with you or not, a rant doesn't really qualify as considered discussion of an issue on its merits. Why the rage, man? Sounds like you need to chill out some.

To whoever said Redneck is used to refer to Native Americans, I think you've got your wires crossed. Wikipedia redneck (I can't provide a definition that is both neutral and clear) and you'll see what I mean.

Having said which, FFS. Could the level of sanctimony get any higher in this room?

Yes, there are social problems in America. Yes, these problems are partly (but by no means entirely) the cause of certain phenomena. Yes, we are to some extent a nation of consumers.

I generally agree with your posts, Lukie, but I have to ask you: just how 'free' is Australia? Yours is a country that is, in theory, free as well. But there was a thread a few weeks ago about how Australia is now more overweight, as a country, than the US. How many Australians are consumer-obsessed? Have you ever been to America, Lukie? Perhaps you shouldn't condemn us all as residents of 'crime [in]fested, gun-worshipping, sluthole.' There are Americans who make me ashamed to share a citizenship with them, and make me mortified when I open my mouth in an international airport and demonstrate that I, too, am an American. But while some of them lack courtesy, or should eat a little less, most of them are also decent people. There are exceptions, but every country has its black sheep. I think one of the great tragedies of the Bush administration is that it has tanked our international registration.

People like to beat on America--we've had eight years under an unpopular administration, and there IS a lot to make fun of. Nevertheless, there is much that is good about the American system of government. We will rebound from the current morass of poor administration. I canvass for the Dems in my area, and I also make phone calls. Most people are decent and polite, even if they don't want to answer questions about their politics or are busy. I think that the American people are fundamentally decent, even if occasionally misinformed, or loud, or even obnoxious.

the0silent0alchemist

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Darn right I love my gun I polish it every day. (You might have to be Emerican to understand the joke)
psh, m two minded about guns, i hate them for the destruction they cause, yet idolise the guns themselves, mostly in relaton to their mechanical workings and the precision and long innovation that create guns and other military technology as it is today, as a scientist i cant POSSibly ignore just the prescision,and fascinatng mechanical and chemical prenciples that go into a gun, and well, they just look epic.

on the note of american problems.. i remain neutral, as diapermingus said, and i agree, americans are quite decent people, my 2-3 week trip to hawaii last year showed that much, even if a fair number of them seemed a few keys short of a keyboard, (just a few things i saw made me think, "these guys arent too bright are they" ) but i KNOW, that many americans, are perfectly normal, hardworking, people with the same hopes and dreams as me, evidence.. well im talking to you guys arnt i ??

in anycase, lukie is right, freedom is a two way street, the key is balance, equilibrium, yin&yang. although however f im not mistaken lukie never mentioned australia as being any better in a direct sense. but your more than right, as humans, we do the same screwups as americans, theres just a few differences, beteen us and you that makes australa a LITTLE bit better

1. australia has a much smaller population, and therefore our screwups dont happen to aas many people, despite the proportion beng abut the same,
2. australia is younger as an independant nation, and weve had less time to develop enemies
3.america is by the nature of ts founding, very assertive and full of competativeness and conflict, take the american revolution, even before that, simply settng things up was a challange. as a result americca as a naton is much more headstrong, and as a result has resultd in sticking its nose where it would e ill advised to do so.. ausralia on the other hand seems very mellow in a foreign policy sense since we developed in a different way, pon different attitudes, and in a different century which makes a difference.

and lastly bt most importantly, america, BEING the big world centre it is it also draws the most attention to itself. and of course people notice problems faster. not saying australia doesnt have them, it DEFNATELY does, ut due, to those things, and a few i think i left out (oh well) australia seems o be able to reign things in better, creating the picture that its prolems are a lesser magnitde than the USA's
:educate:

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I'm going to write an impromptu, free-form poem to express my feelings on the subject.

You want know what our forefathers did?
They didn't see what lacked; they saw what existed, what could exist.
They didn't bitch about political correctness; they strove for what was politically right.
They didn't cry about how full of piddly bullshit the country was; they sought to put
their best foot forward and remedy it (or at least offer excuses as to why the
country was full of such piddly bullshit).
They didn't just negotiate with threatening powers; they invited threatening powers into
their house and whupped the piss out of them.
They didn't let gentle words do the job that war could do better.
They didn't see war as a horrible catastrophe; they saw it as a necessary evil.
They didn't sit around, eat Cheetos, and make cry-girl tears about what wasn't being
done -- or, well, maybe they did, but they actually got up off of their fat asses
(and their asses were quite nearly as fat as ours) and exercised their brains so
that we could exercise the freedoms to talk shit about all the late hours they put
in.
They didn't **** around.
They didn't brood over their mistakes, or write million-dollar radio-friendly singles about
their sorrows; instead, they made an effort to fix the problem.
They didn't live for nothing; they hoped that we would do something with their
purposefully-flawed prototype.
They didn't risk their lives, the lives of their families, the vast economical resources of
the whole country (at the time), the freedom of their children, the fertility of their
land, and the honor of their great names just so people could sit around, drinking
Pepsi and Miller Light, denying the opportunity for an education (or the other
opportunities allowed to them), turning their backs on the men protecting them, on
the men trying to protect them, just because they thought it was trendy, cool,
popular, and hip.
That's what our forefathers did.

In other words, the people who spend time complaining what's wrong about the country need to realize that not everything is perfect, that even nations -- however great or small -- are always being worked on. They're constantly being improved, destroyed, brought down a few notches, and then brought back up a few. As citizens of a country that was not chosen to be some great nation by some great unseen power, it is our duty to do our best and have faith in our people, our leaders, and our fellows regardless of what comes down the line.

Want to fix the nation? Be a soldier; be a representative; be a senator; be a politician; be president. Be something other than someone sitting around crying about the big picture in a little room.

Yawgmoth

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
*sigh* I really didn't want to get involved in this discussion (mainly because a lot of my friends are the ones debating both sides in it), but here I am anyway...

False. "The American Way" was founded on freedom from oppression from a tyrannical government. Given, at the time we did have racism, slavery, and sexism, most of which was founded on the basis of religion. However, you cannot expect a new system to be instantly perfect. "The American Way" was lucky enough to be built with the ability to adapt and change for this very reason, to change and grow with modern opinion and modern times. At the time the entire world accepted the idea of slavery, racism, and so on and so forth. But as the world grew away from that ignorance, so did America.

No, that's the media in a capitalist system. If you owned a media corporation, you want ratings and profit. There's a very true saying, "Sex sells." A media corporation is there to make money; it's your fault if you mistake their profit generators as social fact.

I agree with this statement to an extent. We teach the ideals of equality among all of our people; I was never raised or taught that anyone is born lesser than myself. However, I see that America treats other nations as inferior and does whatever it damn well pleases; but I blame that on the current presidential administration...not the American Way.

I hate to do it, but I'm going to call Straw Man Fallacy on this one. You start out by saying a very true fact, that America idolizes the beautiful women. Your statement goes down the tubes, however, when you claim that "The American Way" pressures teenage girls to get plastic surgery or develop an eating disorder. In all my years, I've never seen something on TV saying, "ATTENTION YOUNG GIRLS! WANNA LOOK GOOD? GET THAT LARD PUMPED OUT YOUR ASS, YOUR BOOBS LIFTED AND PUMPED WITH SILICONE, AND START VOMITING AFTER YOU EAT!" Nor have I ever seen someone say that to another person.

Actually, Darwin taught us that. Survival of the fittest means that if we're fit enough to get away with doing that, then by all means we have the right to. As for the God part, there is no biblical text that says that, "God chose humans to grab mother nature by the throat and wipe our asses on her face." or anything that paraphrases to a similar meaning. The catch 22 to all this, oddly enough, is the "triple processed burger" clause you added in at the end; funny thing is that if we keep that up we will fall victim to Survival of the Fittest ourselves when our hearts quit...

Society has messed with me in so many ways.

I was taught by all my "friends" in 3rd - 6th grade to hate gays, and it was long and hard just to come out to myself.

I was taught by my "friends" that cussing is cool, but it really isn't that cool.

I was taught by TV that in order to be accepted you had to be beautiful in order to get anywhere in life.

I was taught that being a vegan was a bad thing, and disliked many vegans, now I have had thought's of going vegan.

I was taught that all things different were bad, now I love everything pretty much (except for rednecks -.- and bush
I see some major flaws in your logic here. The first and foremost being that you've since broken free of the incorrectness you've been taught by these various sources; you may have thought that back then, but after exploring the world for yourself you've learned otherwise. The second flaw being that each one of these sources were from an unofficial source. Friends, TV, common word of mouth...none of these are intelligent, well backed-up, sources. I'm going to be bold here and simply say that these misconceptions are your own fault, not the "American Way's", but I am happy to say that you've since learned otherwise.

Jon is right. I am fat and I have no one to blame but myself society had nothing to do with it. Never blamed anyone else for it ether.
This is exactly what we need more of in this world. These days, people are taught that "It's never your fault." We need more people like this to stand up and man up for what's their own damn fault. You're fat? Stop eating so much. 'Nuff said.

At this point I'd like to take a moment to acknowledge the well thought out, well written, posts by Diapermingus, Silent Deadly Alchemist, and Rance. All three posts are level headed, take both sides into consideration, and thus need no comment other than "Good job." from me.

:educate::educate::educate:

Status
Not open for further replies.