The ADISC Mailbox?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovy

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little, Carer
Here is my suggestion on how donating could be easier for the younger members here, like myself, who don't have the means of PayPal or any other online payment method: old fashioned mail. Possibly, if Moo or another admin opened a P.O. box specifically for donations, more people would send in money. If this were, in fact, implemented, I would definitely donate some money.

What do you think? Please post.

Role
Private
But wouldn't Moo then need to manually keep track of who's donated and spend time changing user-status and bonus features? Not to mention having to open and pay for a PO box (more money required) as well as the added task of checking for mail every so often.

Good idea for those who can't donate online, but highly impractical for Moo himself.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
I use PayPal because it allows me to accept payments from many countries all over the world... without requiring me to disclose my name, address, or even the country I live in (I have a special setup that means I don't have to give out any info).

I'm not going to accept any payment method that requires me to disclose an address (even the country) or any personal details (even stuff like a bank account number).

If you're 15, you should focus on making sure your own life goes well. Save that money for medical care. Or give it to charity. I am proud of the fact that this site is supported solely by member donations, but I do not want to be accepting a teenager's pocket money. That wouldn't be ethical. The people I want to donate are the college students and young adults who have been with ADISC for years and who have relied upon this site to help them make friends and get through tough times.
I doubt there will be a different responce this time.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I already posted this up..
It helps to give a link of where you posted this sort of thing at that way a mod could close this topic or merge the two.

Anyways it seams like a good idea, I wouldn't care if people mailed donations to any of my homes. Then again I am not a admin and I am petty much new to all the old TBDL members. But before that happened I would have to find someway to convert it all into paypal and forward it all to Moo or whoever deals with it.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
Well, go to where I quoted Moo from (click on the little arrow next to "Originally posted by Moo"). But also read Moo's response, like Asako said, this is a thread really similar to hers so why would Moo think differently about this thread then he did about the other thread. I'm not the one to speak for Moo but that just seems logical.

Status
Not open for further replies.