Not open for further replies.

Hex

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
The 90's were excellent. I may have only been really young (0-7ish) during those times, but I remember some great things. :D

[font="Calibri,Arial"]Ditto. Although my definition of nineties kid seems to conflict with that of most of the members here. My friends and I would consider ourselves 90s kids because we were born in the 90s. Most members here seem to use 90s kids as "grew up in the 90s" thus defining 90s kid as someone born between 1985-1991.[/font]

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
The 90's, the decade were I was still innocent enough not to realize the world's problems; the decade were MTV was still acceptable but still popular as hell; the decade where I discovered and worshiped both Metallica and Pantera....damn, the 90's were epic, who would imagine that I got to live both millenniums?

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Other
I hear you. Just came back from my own collapse. Sometimes I think I'm a bit young to be such a nostalgic person. Still, 90's nostalgia is just that good to me. A constant reminder is the show Are you afraid of the dark?, which I still watch every now and then.

Remember this?

OMG Yes! I loved that show. YTV (kids channel in Canada) used to do marathons of that on Halloween night. I remember going in the basement workshop, sitting on the floor with a bunch of blankets and watching it in the dark :D. Even the TV we had down there was a creepy old 70's Sony TV that did weird things on its own (like blank the screen for a second, creak, get louder or quieter...).

Ok, here's some I used to watch:
YouTube - Inspector Gadget Intro
YouTube - Tiny Toons Intro [Left channel only o_O]
YouTube - Beetlejuice theme
YouTube - Darkwing Duck Intro
YouTube - Goof Troop Intro [this intro is different than the one I remember...]

...also LED lights in the soles of your shoes...I had those when I was like 6 or 7...they were awesome :D

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
jelly shows for the girls, light up shoes for the boys...Neon shoelaces.. stone wash jeans ...and girls of the 90's knew how to rock a ponytail....

PupKommodore

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Little
  4. Other
I would give up all of my modern technology including my iPod and computer to live in the 90's again :rolleyes:

M

Mako

Well I might as well dig out a bunch on intro's too ^___^

Sonic SatAM.To date the ONLY good sonic cartoon.
Super Mario Bros. Super Show Because it's the outro we all remember
Earthworm Jim
Dexter's Lab
Pinky and the Brain
Animaniacs
Cow and Chicken
I M Weasel
2 Stupid Dogs
Cro
Pepper Ann
Doug, and its the good opening damnit ^-^
Duckman
Ren and Stimpy
Pink Panther
Alladin
TailSpin
Chip N' Dale: Rescue Rangers
DuckTales
Spider-Man
X-Men
Batman
Cybersix
The Tick
Mighty Max
Gargoyles
Biker Mice from Mars
Mummies Alive!
Mighty Ducks
Daria
Reboot
Beast Wars
Digimon
Pokemon
Mighty Morphin Power
VR Troopers
SuperHuman Samurai Syber Squad
Buffy

I was unable to find a proper rocko's modern life, angry beavers, shadow raiders, and dog city's intro.

Man I was such a guy, how did I turn to like girly stuff... Oh yeah...
Princess Gwenevere and the Jewel Riders
Sailor Moon
Cardcaptors

Wow, went a bit overboard, hehe ^^!

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
had me scared there for a second lol .. Also I remember getting up to see sailor moon on some local channel at like 5 am weekdays ...and the ideas of having to get up that soon...didnt bother me then

Boogeyman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
Well I might as well dig out a bunch on intro's too ^___^

Sonic SatAM.To date the ONLY good sonic cartoon.
Super Mario Bros. Super Show Because it's the outro we all remember
Earthworm Jim
Dexter's Lab
Pinky and the Brain
Animaniacs
Cow and Chicken
I M Weasel
2 Stupid Dogs
Cro
Pepper Ann
Doug, and its the good opening damnit ^-^
Duckman
Ren and Stimpy
Pink Panther
Alladin
TailSpin
Chip N' Dale: Rescue Rangers
DuckTales
Spider-Man
X-Men
Batman
Cybersix
The Tick
Mighty Max
Gargoyles
Biker Mice from Mars
Mummies Alive!
Mighty Ducks
Daria
Reboot
Beast Wars
Digimon
Pokemon
Mighty Morphin Power
VR Troopers
SuperHuman Samurai Syber Squad
Buffy

I was unable to find a proper rocko's modern life, angry beavers, shadow raiders, and dog city's intro.

Man I was such a guy, how did I turn to like girly stuff... Oh yeah...
Princess Gwenevere and the Jewel Riders
Sailor Moon
Cardcaptors

Wow, went a bit overboard, hehe ^^!

I love you so much right now.

Anyway, the nineties were the best times of my life, you know, back when I didn't think about shit so much.

Spiro910

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
Reading this thread made me realize how old I've gotten... I remember being little and telling myself how big 9th graders were :eek: now I'm almost out of high school. :( good times, good times.

SteveC1981

Contributor
Role
  1. Other
  2. Private
How things have changed! Hahaha, I'm not too old and 1990 seems all too recent.

Here's my own informal list of "how you can remember if you grew up in the early '90s"

1. You can remember O.J. Simpson as on TV...as a football commentator, actor, and in Hertz commercials...before AC Cowlings took him for a drive.

2. You can remember when it was Billy Ray that was the Cyrus you were sick of, not Miley! (and his Achy Breaky Heart)

3. You can remember spandex being worn by almost everyone, not just people who need to be arrested by the fashion police.

4. You can remember not being able to watch The Simpsons because they were "inappropriate" (forget about Beavis and Butthead!).

5. You can remember when most shows on Fox were reruns of other networks' canceled shows (this is when cable was 40 channels).

6. You can remember seeing when $25,000 was a LOT of money to win on a game show.

7. You can remember channel surfing and MTV showed almost nothing but these things called music videos

8. You can remember if your mom drove a SUV (back then, not a Cadillac or Porsche), she was thought to be cool; even a minivan was still cooler than a station wagon. Hard-core environmentalists were considered oddballs.

9. $1.40 for gas...how are we going to survive????

10. You can remember when Apple Computer was viewed as a company with no future on the brink of bankruptcy, completely out of touch with consumers. (no bailout? what happened? Oh yeah, I remember....)

Last edited:

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Other
1. You can remember O.J. Simpson as on TV...as a football commentator, actor, and in Hertz commercials...before AC Cowlings took him for a drive.

I mostly just remember him from the trial (I was like 11 or 12...)

2. You can remember when it was Billy Ray that was the Cyrus you were sick of, not Miley! (and his Achy Breaky Heart)

Oh god, that song was EVERYWHERE...they even tried teaching us line dancing to it in music class at school :(

3. You can remember spandex being worn by almost everyone, not just people who need to be arrested by the fashion police.

I choose to not have this memory :p

4. You can remember not being able to watch The Simpsons because they were "inappropriate" (forget about Beavis and Butthead!).

Yup! Although, I was allowed to watch Simpsons from about 1992 (grade 2) and on....though I wasn't allowed to watch Beavis and Butthead or Ren and Stimpy...

5. You can remember when most shows on Fox were reruns of other networks' canceled shows (this is when cable was 40 channels).

I only got Fox in my parents bedroom (on a little 13" Sony TV from the 70's....it had rabbit ears and got Fox from just south of the border, in North Dakota). Needless to say, I didn't get to watch it that often.

6. You can remember seeing when $25,000 was a LOT of money to win on a game show.

I thought $100 was a lot of money!

7. You can remember channel surfing and MTV showed almost nothing but these things called music videos

MuchMusic here was just that...music videos. I didn't watch it, though.

8. You can remember if your mom drove a SUV (back then, not a Cadillac or Porsche), she was thought to be cool; even a minivan was still cooler than a station wagon. Hard-core environmentalists were considered oddballs.

SUV? I don't think those started appearing around here until about 1997 or so. The 90's were all about the Dodge Caravan, baby!
89caravan7it.jpg

9. $1.40 for gas...how are we going to survive????

I'm assuming that is $us/gal. Here it was 59c/L, which (considering it went up to $1.40/L this summer) is a price people would kill for, now.

10. You can remember when Apple Computer was viewed as a company with no future on the brink of bankruptcy, completely out of touch with consumers. (no bailout? what happened? Oh yeah, I remember....)

Many "new" Apple fanboys (I'm looking at you, kids still in school!) don't realize what a buggy OS Apple used to have. OS8/9 were GARBAGE. They crashed as often as Windows, but were harder to handle when they did. Software was so much harder to find for them, and because the internet was still a new thing, compatibility was a BIG issue. Want to copy that picture from a PC to Mac? Not so fast, that floppy is formatted to PC, buddy! (or vice versa). Also, Apple didn't have all that nice linux compability that came with OSX. We had Macs at my school growing up (1990 to 2001). Ironically, they moved to Windows machines RIGHT when Apple introduced OSX and became (in my opinion) and valid alternative to Windows :rolleyes:

Maxicoon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
The 90's legos, Batman, Transformers, politics I didn't give a shit about. Ah the good days.

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
  3. Private
Tag at dusk. You couldn't ask for a better ending to a day. Every day we would get all the neibor kids together and play tag in our yard. It was the best times of my entire childhood. I'm actually getting choked up a little thinking about it.

briefboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Well I never thought it would happen, but reading this thread has made me realize how much I miss being a kid. Sure driving is great, but I still miss sledding during the winter, playing tag at night, riding my bike all around the neighborhood, and playing football during recess, man those were good times that I'll never get back.:frown::frown:

gnd567

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I love the 90s! Everything was better than it is now.

Status
Not open for further replies.