The 7 Day Trial

Ruud26

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Hi, just thought I would post a little story I have started. Let me know if you like it and want to hear more. I don't profess it to be a very original idea or anything particularly ground breaking.

Not good with grammar so please try and overlook mistakes.

"Could you get me a pen please" my mum asked.

"Why, what is it?" Came my rather rude reply.

"Its just a survey. If we fill it in and send it back, they will send us some vouchers for free things," she replied enthusiastically.

I thought her use of "things" was a little odd, but nevertheless free stuff is free stuff, so I went and got a pen.

"Thanks sweetie. Don't go away, there is a section that you need to fill in." My mother added as she took the pen from my hand.

I should have guessed given who it had come from, it was a bedwetting survey!

"I don't want to fill in the stupid survey." I whined, childishly.

"Don't be silly. It's just a few questions and then we get free stuff!" Was her, to the point, reply.

I sat there grumpily as she filled out some of the basic information like 'How many children in the household'. 'Age', etc. the questions seemed mostly to be multiple choice with a few areas for additional comments.

I have no idea why, but she decided to read out every question before announcing her answers, which only served to heighten my embarrassment. I wondered if she knew at all how this made me feel sometimes:

Age of child? 12

Gender of child? Female

Do you limit drinks at bedtime? Often

Have you tried medication for bedwetting?
No

If no, was there a main reason?
Concern about side effects.

If yes, how much was the bedwetting improved?
N/A

Have you tried a wetness alarm?
Yes

If yes, did the alarm successfully stop or improve the bedwetting?
No.

I remember when we tried the alarm. It woke my mum up, but not me, I stayed completely asleep as I continued to wet the bed. After a week she gave up with it!

On average, how many nights a week does the child wet the bed?
Every night.

As she ticked that box I was initially almost angry, but before I announced my complaint, I thought about an average week and concluded that it was unfortunately likely to be fairly accurate. It was probably about 1 day in 10 that I was dry at best.

Does the child wear absorbent undergarments/nappies to manage the bedwetting? If yes, please answer the subsequent questions.
Yes.

Does the child wear a disposable nappy to bed?
No

Does the child wear a cloth nappy to bed?
No

Does the child wear a disposable pull-up or disposable pant to bed?
Yes.

Does the child wear a cloth training pant to bed?
No.

On average, would you consider your bedwetting child to be a (pick which answer most applies:
Moderate-heavy wetter.

If the child wakes up wet, how often has the product failed to contain the wetness?
40-60%.

Again I was initially a little surprised at how my mother answered this, as 60% sounded a lot. But also on further reflection, even though most of my pee had been absorbed by the pull-ups, it was common to have some wetness on my pyjamas and bedding. Significantly less than if I wasn't wearing one, but enough to need my mum to change my bedding several times a week. It was bad enough still wetting the bed I was sure I was the only one at school, but it's even worse when I have to wear the stupid pull-ups and then I still end up with a wet bed. I could tell my mum gets frustrated with me sometimes, but it's not like it's my fault. I can't help it!

Looking down the list of questions still to answer I was somewhat hopeful that we could rattle through them quickly, but to my annoyance my mum decided she needed to take some time to consider all the options, before reaching her answer and then announcing the logic behind each entry.

The next section read:

In the following scenarios, identify what you consider to be the highest priority when using an absorbent product (1 being highest priority. 5 being lowest priority).

On a normal night whilst at home, I consider the following factors to be most important:

Value for money - I.e. The cost of the product when balanced against performance.
"These things are expensive and I am not made of money, so, 2"

Discretion - e.g. How easy it is be to be able to tell whether someone was wearing the product under normal night clothes.
"At home I really don't think it matters it's not like anyone apart from us will see. Low priority 4"

Design - e.g. The colour of the product, or whether design includes images or commercial, age appropriate tv or film characters.
"Pointless! You wear it to sleep, under pyjamas, so what does it matter what pictures it has on it. 5!"

Performance - I.e. The ability of the product to absorb any night-time accident without leaking.
"No brainier! The whole point is that it absorbs everything without leaking. I am sick of having to pay through the nose for pull-ups, only to have to change the bedding anyway. A definite 1!"

Ease of application - for example the ease in which the product can be independently put on and taken off.
"Its useful if you can put on yourself, but at the end of the day once its on, it stays on until morning, so for me I don't think its a huge factor, 3.

Next scenario: When visiting friends, staying in a hotel or on holiday.

Value for money - I.e. The cost of the product when balanced against performance.
"Still 2"

Discretion - e.g. How easy or difficult it would be to be able to tell of someone was wearing the product under normal night clothes.
"Away from home I can see that this is a little more important, but if you put it on right before bed and take it off first thing in the morning, no one is likely to see, other than close family. 3."

Design - e.g. The colour of the product, or whether design includes images or commercial, age appropriate tv or film characters.
"Still pointless! Still 5!"

Performance - I.e. The ability of the product to absorb any night-time accident without leaking.
"Not that I can make it higher, but when away from home, the last thing you want is to ruin someone else's mattress or get a bill from the hotel. 1."

Ease of application - for example the ease in which the product can be independently put on and taken off.
"Well I have already used 3 and it says I have I rank them in order of priority, so it will have to be a 4."

"Ok your turn, they want the point of view of both the child and the parent" my mum announced.

"Do I have to?" I whined further, with little prospect of a favourable answer.

"Yes you do, look it says; The following questions should be answered by the child, if possible. So let's go, it won't take a minute." Came her answer. I knew from past experiences that she wouldn't change her mind, so I gave up and started to answer the questions.

First question. This time there only seemed to be 4 things to rank in order of priority.

On a normal night at home, I consider the following factors to be most important:

"Well I think I would want it to not show and not leak." I announced.

"Does showing matter? When you are asleep no one can see. Isn't not leaking more important. Why don't we put that first." My mother challenged.

"I guess! I wouldn't want babyish patterns on them though, so make sure you don't put that at the bottom" I replied.

"Ok well I am not sure how to answer that because the question is whether you would like there to be fun designs and it doesn't talk about them being babyish, so I think it probably needs to be at the bottom if you don't want them to be bright and colourful." She suggested and I guessed that sort of made sense.

"Ok, fine" I answered wanting to get this over with.

Product cost/value for money.

The product is hidden discretely under night clothes.

The product has fun colours/designs.

The product is highly absorbent and does not leak.

Next question.

When staying in a hotel or on holiday:

"Erm not sure." I said? Slightly puzzled as to what to put.

"I am not sure this is much different than at home. Although when at home I can just wash sheets. However when in a hotel the hotel staff will find the wet bed and have to change and wash the bedding." My mother reasoned.

"Okay. No leaks." I suggested, which prompted her to add numbers to the boxes.

"I want it being hidden to be number 2." I challenged.

"I don't see why these things are expensive and I think that cost should be higher." Came my mother's retort.

"It's my part of the questions so you should put what I think" I argued, feeling I was in the right so should put up a fight.

"Ok fair enough." She conceded and I felt happy for what seemed like a rare, if tiny, victory.

When the child is staying overnight with friends, or going on a school trip?

"I definitely want it to be hidden under clothes on this one. It would be horrible if all my school friends found out." I argued.

"I can understand that. Its a tough one."

"What do you mean?" I queried.

"Well I can understand that you would want it to be discrete. But a bit like the hotel, you also wouldn't want leaks and a wet bed/pyjamas as that would be completely impossible to hide. The problem with pants that are really thin and discrete is that to be so thin they end up having to compromise on absorbency so they are much more likely to leak." She argued again.

I didn't really have much of an argument so I just shrugged and watched as she filled in the boxes.

So the scores ended up as:

With survey completed I was allowed to disappear back to my room to think about less embarrassing things!

A little over a week later and my mum mentioned that we had got a reply from the company that the survey was from. Whoopee, was my immediate sarcastic thought. I don't know why she thought I would be interested, but still she decided I needed to know what it said
So she read it out.

"Thank you for taking the time to fill in our survey, the information you provided was extremely useful in helping us to make sure any products that we create are suited to the people we make them for.

From the answers that you have provided we feel that a new product we plan to release may well suit your needs perfectly.

As part of our release media campaign we are looking for a number of families to take a 7 day free trial. When the trial is complete, as a thank you, we are offering a 50% voucher that can be used in any shops that stock our products and the voucher will be valid for a full year. There is no limit to how much you buy with the voucher, so it's a great opportunity to make a huge saving on, for what is for so many children, one of lifes essentials.

All that we ask is that you complete a video blog review every day as part of the 7 day trial and let us know what you think of the product and how it's working for you. It's extremely easy to do using the special portal on our webpage and you can film the blog using any smartphone or tablet.

If you would like to take part and take advantage of this one time offer please complete the form enclosed and return it to us, freepost.

Yours sincerely
Allison Davies
Head of Product Strategy
Proctor and Gamble"

I watched as my mum started to fill in the form immediately.

"I don't want to do a trial. Why are you filling in the form" I whined.

"Nonsense, why on earth would we not take an opportunity to save so much money." She stated as she ignored my protest and carried on filling in the form.

I headed up to my room in a bit of a bad mood and wanted some time on my own. My sanctuary was broken about 5 minutes later when my mum burst into my room with a tape measure.

"What do you want, can you not knock when you come in!" I shouted.

"Erm. I don't appreciate your tone young lady. I just need to take some measurements and I will leave you and your grumpy attitude alone"

To my annoyance she proceeded to take my waist measurement and then something she called the rise, which was where she put the tape measure between my legs and measured the distance from the front of the waistband on my shorts to the back. I had no idea why she needed the measurement and to be honest didn't want to know. I just wanted her to get out of my room.

Thankfully that was the last I heard of her that day and I thought little more of the stupid trial for at least a week, maybe two.

(Mum's POV)

It took a while to hear anything further about the trial we had volunteered for. Until probably about 10 days later a package was delivered. It was a reasonable larger sized box, plain brown cardboard and with very little written on the side, but I wasn't expecting any other packages so I guessed it was from Proctor and Gamble.

I took the box through to the lounge and opened it. Inside I found quite a collection of things. It was dominated by quite a large pack of what were quite clearly the new night pull-ups. The packaging was very similar I would say in style and colouring to Pampers Baby-Dry that I always used to buy when Amy was little. But there was more purple colour and less turquoise.

There was also no Pampers name or logo apparent on the pack, but the lettering was very similar and they were called Night-Dry Plus. There was also a picture of a girl looking happy and laying on her bed in pyjamas.

I turned the package over and on the back there was a computer generated picture of what looked like a nappy rather than a pullup and various features being highlighted. Again it was quite similar to what you see on these kinds of packs. There were arrows and call out bubbles highlighting an elasticated waistband, triple leak guards in the legs and a super absorbent core advertising 12 hours of dryness.

All of this was fairly normal apart from the fact that I wasn't expecting it to be a nappy type product I was very much expecting it to be a pullup. I was not not sure how Amy would react to that.

I flipped the pack back over and the last thing I looked at was the part in the bottom right hand corner which said that there were 21 in the pack, this was a size XL2 and that they were for girls. I had already figured that there were probably girl and boy version when I saw the picture of the girl on the front.

I put the pack down and started to read some of the leaflets that were also included in the box.

"Thank you for agreeing to be part of our exciting launch campaign of the new Night-Dry Plus from Pampers.

We really think that you will find the new Night-Dry Plus will help ensure that your child has a leak free and good nights sleep, which is so important in these years when they are developing. We have had a lot of feedback from parents that they have been unable to find a reliable product at a reasonable price that keeps their child's bed and pyjamas dry through the night. We believe the answer for all those parents is Night-Dry Plus from Pampers.

We have tried to keep the packaging style close to the rest of the range of Pampers products as we want the package to be easy to find on a supermarket shelf and we want parents to now that it's a Pampers product so they can expect that unrivalled Pampers quality and reliability that parents have very much come to trust over the last 30 years.

You will notice though that there are no Pampers logos on the pack itself and this was deliberate. As the product is designed to cater for older children we wanted to dry and get them to understand that this isn't a larger babies nappy and the negative stigma that this may bring. This is a product that is targeted at the millions of older children that still haven't quite got to the point of reliable nighttime dryness.

You will also notice that the product is not another pull-up style nappy. We didn't come to this decision lightly as we know that some older children will prefer the look and level of independence that a pull-up can bring. The decision came on the back of exhaustive testing which found that whilst pull-ups can work for some families, if the child is a moderate to heavy wetter, or has a tendency to move about in bed a lot, or sleeps more on their side or front then pull-ups often simply don't work. The other issue with pull-ups is that the shape and level of elasticity in the waist/legs have to cater for a wide range of shapes and sizes of children, as they can't be adjusted. This again means that for a lot of children pull-ups are not going to work well.

We think you will find that with the Night-Dry Plus you will be able to get a great snug fit that will stay secure no matter how much your child might move around in their sleep. On top of this the Night-Dry plus features our brand new patented quad core absorbency system. During testing this new absorbent core has been demonstrated to have nearly 2 1/2 times the absorbency of our already class leading nappies. The new quadruple layered interwoven design means that this amazing absorbency is achieved with only a moderate increase in the thickness of the pad.

The Night-Dry Plus comes in a range of sizes designed to fit girls and boys all the way up to approximately 15 years of age. It is currently intended that there will be a girl and boy version, which will allow for more targeted gender based designs and colouring, particularly in the smaller sizes. Based on feedback, the larger sizes will have simpler designs and colouring. Other than this there is no actual difference between the girl and boy products. Some other products have targeted zones of increased absorbency for boys and girls. However what we have found through testing was that for a nighttime product how the child sleeps is the more dominant factor which determines where maximum level of absorption needs to be. So as a result, in order to provide complete and unsurpassed security the Night-Dry Plus has our unique quad core absorbency system along the full length of the nappy.

We are so confident of the protection that our Night-Dry Plus products provide we will offer a guarantee to keep your child dry or we will provide a full refund."

Well that all sounded very good although I must admit I was still a little skeptical that all the claims would be proven in reality. We have tried loads of things and none have ever worked 100%.

The next leaflet was about the trial itself and was effectively a set of instructions.

"Thank you for agreeing to take part in the 7-day challenge trial. On successful completion of the trial we will send you your 50% off voucher which will be valid for a full 12 months from the date of first use. This voucher will entitle you to 50% off the purchase price of any Night-Dry Plus product. There is no limit to the number of packs that can be purchased and even our extra value bulk buy economy packs are included.

In order to complete the trial and claim your voucher a video blog entry is required for 7 days. More than 7 days can be submitted, but within the submitted entries there must be at least 7 days where the nappy was worn for the full night and the nappy was wet by morning.

During the trial we would like you and ideally the child to comment on the following areas of the product:

- fit
- comfort
- absorption
- security

Within the video entry it will be required to show the product being worn before going to sleep and again in the morning after the child wakes up. It is not necessary to show the face of the child or reveal the child's identity at any stage.

On wet mornings once the nappy has been taken off, we would like the nappy to be weighed and this information recorded/provided. The weight will be useful information for our continued research and product improvement as it will allow us to measure the amount of liquid the nappy has absorbed during the night.

Once 7 days of entries have been entered and verified by our team your voucher will be dispatched immediately.

We may also contact you to request that some elements of your video entries be used on our website and YouTube channel. This will only happen with your full consent.

Once again we would like to thank you for your input. The feedback from real parents has always been an integral part of the the development of Pampers products to ensure that we continue to provide the products parents can trust."

I thought the weighing thing was a bit odd, but otherwise I suppose what they asked for was pretty fair. It's a big discount they are giving and no limit on how much you can buy. I suppose they need to make sure they get something for it. I decided to follow through with it, as the saving was too good to miss for 7 days of minor hassle. The biggest issue would be how willing Amy would be. I probably need to make sure there is something in it for her. It was her birthday in a couple of months and I was going to get her an iPad mini. She didn't know it yet but it could be the perfect thing to offer her to help make sure that she doesn't kick up too much of a fuss. Plus if these Night-Dry are genuinely as good as they make out it could make all our lives less stressful until she finally gets over her night time problems.

Next Chapter title - Day 1

BabySamantha

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little, Carer
Looking forward to the next chapter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T3ddy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
I think it's got good potential. Thanks for sharing with us.

Ruud26

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Thanks for the positive feedback it Spurs me on to write more. I have made pretty good progress on the next chapter and hopefully will finish it soon.

Ruud26

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Day 1

(Mum's POV)

The chat with Amy went better than I expected. I had expected her to whine and complain like a 2 year old, but as soon as the IPad was mentioned her demeanour was significantly more compliant.

I hadn't told her everything straight away though. I did tell her the rules about the video entries which she wasn't happy about at all, but I promised that no one would be able to tell it was her. I didn't mention too many details about the nappies themselves. She might surprise me and act maturely about the whole thing I thought. If need be I planned to explain the logic behind the design that was detailed in the leaflets that provided. She should be old enough to understand, I reasoned, perhaps a little optimistically.

The evening of Day 1 was fast approaching and I started to think about what I needed to do for the video entry. I logged onto the website with the username and password provided and found that there was some video tutorials and a some examples of vlog entries to give you an idea of the kind of thing they wanted.

The first video I watched showed a boy probably around 7 or 8 wearing just a pyjama top and one of the Night-Dry nappies. She got the boy to turn all the way around so you could see how it fit and she also took a moment to point out how the elasticated waistband helped keep the nappy snug to his body without being too tight so that it would uncomfortable, as well as various other things. You couldn't see the boys face so it was hard to know exactly how old he was or how happy he was to be partaking in the video.

I carried on watching the videos as I found them really useful to get ideas about what I needed to do to make sure the entry was valid and counted towards the 7 day total.

The website showed how you can make multiple short entries and link them all to each day. So you could do a little video in the evening and another in the morning. The software would then link them together and make one long video for that day/night. Very clever I thought.

After a while I started to feel confident enough to do my first video entry. I checked Amy was up in her room listening to her music so I could be alone when I did the first part. I felt self-conscious enough without there being an audience as well. Plus I wanted to be able to talk freely without worrying about what Amy would think.

I set my iPad up in the table in the downstairs study and set it up to connect wirelessly with the computer. Thankfully the website recognised my tablet and all I had to do was press record and talk. I was ready!

"Hello and welcome to the first entry of our 7 day trial of the new Night-Dry Plus.

My daughter has always struggled with bedwetting and even though she has recently turned 12 she still wets most nights. We have tried all sorts of things from lifting in the middle of the night, limiting drinks, wetness alarms, GP tests and visited the continence nurse. Nothing has worked and the conclusion we have come to make is that she just isn't ready yet like a lot of other kids who wet the bed.

Managing the problem has become a major area of stress in our household. She normally wears nighttime pull-ups but to be honest I think she just wets too much as she often still has wet pyjamas and bedding despite wearing the pullup. I know this gets her down as much as I try to not let it show, having to strip beds and wash sheets several times a week can really become draining and frustrating. So when I heard there was a new product that might make helping to manage our little problem better I thought why not give it a try.

When the package first arrived I must admit I was a little surprised to see that they were actually more of a nappy than a pullup. I thought particularly with older children this might cause some problems as they might relate them to babies nappies. I don't think Amy has ever really treated pull-ups as something other than another type of nappy so I am hoping this won't prove to be a problem. When I read some of the information that was provided it was clear that the company have done a lot of research and they type of nappy they have come up with was based on a lot of testing. So I am hoping that they are right and we can have much less stress in our house going forwards."

I thought the video had gone quite well to that point, but I started to struggle to think of what to say next and I was cursing the fact that I didn't have one of the nappies there to point a few things out.

"If I had one of the nappies here I could point a few things out, but I haven't so I will probably stop there. Thanks"

I cursed myself for such a clumsy finish after what had been a confident start. I decided I needed to make up for it so decided to do another short clip straight away, once I had gotten one of the nappies to show.

"Hi I am back and this time I have something with me to show.

So as I was explaining if I open it out you can see that this is very much a nappy style product with wings that fold open and tapes that look like they are Velcro.

You can see it has elastication in the waist both in front and at the back and these wings seem pretty stretchy too. So I think this will all help to get a good fit which should help stop leaks.

Apparently the padding is a new type. I can't remember exactly what it was called but it's supposed to be much more absorbent than normal nappies or pull-ups. There isn't much I can say about this at this stage other than the padding does feel quite tightly packed although still pretty soft to the touch and a little bit thicker I would say then the pull-ups she normally wears.

The instructions recommend that before you out the nappy on you should open it fully out and fluff the padding out a little to make it less stiff. The compression used to keep the pack as small as possible apparently means that nappies can get compressed."

I don't know why but I decided to get as much of the information provided in he video. Maybe I thought it would make it look more professional or something.

"It also recommends that you fold the nappy over lengthways so as to form a channel down the middle which is supposed to help make sure any wetness gets absorbed by the padding. So I don't know how much of a difference any of that will make but I will give it a go.

Anyway I have probably bored you enough now and will be back with another video at bedtime."

Ending the video I was actually really pleased with myself. I quite enjoyed talking to the camera! I started to think about how to do the video later. It definitely said I need to show her wearing it so I didn't really want to film it in the study. After a little more research I learnt that it was possible to film the video normally on the tablet and then plug it in and upload it. Again very clever I thought.

Later that evening when it was time for Amy to go to bed I sent Her to have a wash and brush her teeth, while I went into her bedroom. I got everything I needed; pyjamas ready, a Night-Dry and the tablet to film with.

I don't know if Amy had forgotten but she looked slightly startled to see me sat there on her bed with my tablet and one of the new Night-Dry's.

"Come on let's get this done quickly and then you can read a bit before you turn your light out." I announced.

"Do I have to?

I don't want to!

Why do you have to do a stupid video?" She whined.

"I told you why. We have to do a quick video every night and every morning otherwise we won't get the voucher. So let's get it done quickly and remember our deal. If you want that new iPad for your birthday then you need to help me with this." I reminded her.

She didn't really reply but just shuffled across the floor towards me with shoulders sloped low like she had been practicing the moody teenager look all day. I took that as a sign of consent so carried on.

"Right I need you to get undressed and lay on the bed so I can put it on." I explained, wondering if she would react to that bit of information,

"Why can't I put it onlike normal?" She enquired.

"Because these are different to your normal ones and they don't go on like that." I explained wondering how long this conversation might go on for.

"You never mentioned that!" She complained.

"I have now. Now come on and stop action like a baby and get on with it" I stated getting a tiny bit annoyed. I didn't mean to make the baby reference and instantly thought I would regret it given my concern about what we were about to do. But she didn't seem to pick up on it and I was pleased to see her start to get undressed.

I waited until she was completely undressed before getting up from the bed. I decided to keep the Night-Dry partially hidden on the bed next to me as I thought it would probably best to let her see it properly once it was safely on.

"Good girl now hop up on the bed and we will be done in a jiffy." I said, hoping that the offer of speed would help her compliance.

She laid back on the bed and I opened up the Night-Dry. I didn't need to fold it or ruffle the padding as it was the one I used for the video earlier.

"Lift your bum up off the bed for me" I asked politely.

"This is so embarassing!" I heard her mutter.

"Good girl" I praised as she put her feet up on the bed and lifted her bottom up off the duvet. As soon as it up I slid the night dry under and she sat back down. I noticed that she chose to just stare up at the ceiling through the process so far.

I then realised that I hadn't slid it under far enough and to her absolute annoyance I had to ask her to lift up again. Happy that the waistband was suitably far enough up her back this time I let her sit back down again. I hoped I had got it right this time as I think a second re-adjustment would have tipped her over the edge!

I grabbed the two front wings and lifted them up through her legs. It has been a few years since I had put a disposable nappy on a child but even though she was much bigger now the process was no different. I pulled the front up so that it was nice and snug between her legs before flattening the front out across her lower tummy. The top of the waistband was just below her belly button which was perfect. I pulled the back wings out as far as they would go and undid the tape on the side to my right first. I noticed the tapes were quite wide and were initially a little difficult to open. When it did open it let go with quite a loud ripping sounded.

With my left hand I held the front wing down and round to her side while I stretched the tape and attached it across the front on what appeared to be a slightly ruffled tape landing zone. The tape landing zone had a subtle pattern of pink and purple swirls, nothing too childish which I thought was good. With that side done I repeated the action on the left side. I put my fingers in the waistband to check how tight it was and decided that it was if anything slightly loose and should try and tape adjust the tapes so they were slightly further across. Both tapes were a little stubborn to release, but I successfully reattached them this time a little further across, with only about a 1 1/2 to 2 inch gap, as they now weren't far from meeting in the middle. There probably was plenty of growing room in this size I thought to myself.

"All done. Just need to do a quick video and then you can get your PJs on." I announced as I stood back and admired my handiwork.

"Do we have to do the video?" Came a fresh batch of whining"

"For the millionth time yes! You don't have to do anything, just stand up and let me see how it fits." Came my slightly exasperated reply.

Reluctantly she did as she was told and shuffled off the bed. Once she was stood up I got the tablet ready. As I was opening the camera app I noticed that for the first time she was looking at what she was wearing. She tried to crane her neck round to look at her bottom. As she did so I took a moment to consider how they seemed to fit.

The cut and fit were very much like a normal toddler nappy. It actually seemed to fit her very well. The padding was quite thick and puffed out quite a bit, it was wide at top at the front but narrowed down into a V as it went between her legs. As the nappy was a normal hourglass shape the padding widened out again and provided full coverage over her bottom.

"Ok let's get this video done and then you can read for a while". I announced.

To be continued.

maximilian

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Interesting setup:smile1:! It sounds to me like the Twitter Hashtag #RestEasyTonight

Ruud26

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
To be honest there didn't seem to be too much interest and someone told me they found reading it "tedious". So I wasn't planning on carrying on.

Bigbabybret

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Sissy, Little, Incontinent, Other
Ahhh,

Remember for every negative comment there are many unposted positive ones...

Saying, good job, or keep going gets old, and people just don't post them as often as criticism...

But, do continue! Seems to be a good read!

maximilian

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Yes Bret is right, for every negative comment there are many unwritten positive ones. I'm sorry, that it took me so long until the first comment. I even had to look in the dictionary up what "tedious" means, how rude. I like your stories, all of them. I hope you find the "muse" to continue one of them.

Ruud26

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I was feeling in the mood to write, hope you like the latest update.

"What are you doing" my mum asked.

"Getting my pyjamas on" I answered grumpily.

"Well you can put your pyjama top on, but leave your bottoms off until I have done the video. They need to know you are wearing it otherwise they won't pay up!" She announced.

This couldn't get much worse I thought. Why the hell had I agreed to this!

"Can we get this over with already!" I pushed.

"Ok I am nearly ready. You don't need to say anything if you don't want I can do the talking." She commented.

"There is no chance I am saying anything. Just make sure you don't show my face, ok!" I said as I stood with my arms folded, feeling more embarrassed than I could possibly remember ever having been before.

My mum looked like she was ready as she approached holding the tablet out in front of her and pointing down towards my middle.

"Hi everyone it's Kate here. And as you can see we are just about ready for bed. It's probably fair to say she wasn't quite expecting them to be a tape on style nappy. It wasn't something I had mentioned before we got her ready for bed and I must admit I wasn't sure how she would react. In the end it was fine and she did great."

Oh my god I thought. Does she not know I am stood right here. I so wanted to just shout at her but I didn't want to be heard on the video so I just had to stand there and listen.

"So whilst it's been a while since I taped a nappy onto a child it really was very easy and whilst the tabs do seem extremely grippy, it is possible to reposition them so you can get a good fit. You can see the elasticated waistband front and back really does seem to help get a nice and snug fit around her tummy." She continued.

As she talked about the elasticated waistband she reached up and put a couple of fingers into the front and pulled. I wasn't expecting it so I almost stumbled forward. Then she grabbed my wrist and pulled it so that I spun around.

"As you can see there's the elasticated section in the middle at the back.

While we are round the back you can see the nappy is really quite generous in size. The padding widens out at the back and extends all the way up towards the waistband. If I am honest it is a little bulkier than I was expecting, both in the front and over the bottom, but particularly over her bum.

Having said that if the absorbency is as impressive as the literature says then it's probably a necessary compromise.

Erm ... what else? You can see the nappy is plain white at the back with just the faint turquoise band here at the top and as you can see there is also an indication of the size, which is probably quite useful if you have more than one child that wets the bed and you might have children in different sizes."

She spun me back round again as I wished the ground would open up and swallow me alive.

"In the front it's mainly white apart from across the tape landing area, which has this pretty pink and purple pattern. That's quite a nice touch and not too childish, which I think is good.

As you can see the padding does puff out a little bit at the front and you might want to think about wearing some underwear over the top if you are worried about something being visible under pyjamas.

I personally don't think this is an issue at all while at home as she only wears it when she is sleeping.

Anyway that's probably about all I can think of. So it's time to say goodnight and see how we get on tonight.

Bye". She pressed the stop button on the tablet screen and put it down.

"See that wasn't so bad" she added.

"Are you kidding! That was so embarrassing. I don't want to do this anymore." I decided, trying to hold back a tear or two.

"Oh honey there is no need to get upset, you are doing great and I am really proud of you. Just think about that IPad you are earning yourself. It will all be over before you know it." She answered, as she stride to calm me down.

The thought of the iPad helped but I still didn't want to carry on.

"I don't want to wear it anymore. I want to take it off and where what I normally wear" I said further.

"Don't be silly, it's all done now. Once you have your pjs on you will forget all about it" she offered.

"There is no way I will forget all about it. I can feel it every time I move. It's not comfy." I complained.

"How do you mean it's not comfy. Does it hurt anywhere? Is it itching?" She asked.

"It's not itchy..... it's just. I don't know uncomfy." I tried to explain but I didn't know how to describe it.

"Well if you don't tell me I can't help" she said as she put her arm around me.

"I don't know it just feels weird, like kinda tight, but all over." I tried to explain again.

"It probably just takes a little bit of getting used to that's all. There's quite a bit more padding in there compared to the pull-ups your used to, so it's probably just that.

Why don't you get your bottoms on and jump into bed. It's getting a little late but you can read for a little while if you like." She said as she handed me the rest of my pyjamas.

I was still feeling a little emotional and I could tell that I had started to feel a little drained. So in the end I decided to give up and took my pjs from her. I put them on quickly and was glad to cover up the offending garment. But I noticed to my disappointment that even though it was now covered up, there was a unmistakable bulge in the front which i just about managed to cover up by pulling my pj top down as far as it would go.

I jumped into bed and got my new book to read. It was hard to concentrate on the book initially. I could hear my mum emptying the dishwasher and putting the crockery away in the cupboards noisily. It was also hard not to think about the added padding around my middle. I found that if I kept my legs apart I couldn't really feel the padding between my legs at all, so that's what I did and tried to concentrate on my book.

It actually worked for a while and I found myself engrossed in the book as my mum came in and told me it was time for lights out.

"It's time to go to sleep. Sleep well sweetie, see you in the morning. I will make pancakes" she said as she gave me a kiss on the forehead. I couldn't remember the last time she did that, but it was quite nice. And I do love pancakes!

I rolled onto my front as my mum turned out the light and tried to get to sleep. I was really quite tired but I still wasn't sure I was going to be able to sleep.

As I laid on my front I was surprised to find I was actually fairly comfortable. I had worn pull-ups to bed pretty much forever so I was very used to some extra padding in my pyjama bottoms. Whilst I could tell that I was wearing something different and that there was more padding than normal, I felt was little bit of a sensation I wasn't expecting.

I couldn't quite put my finger on what it was, but felt somehow secure. That was the closest word I could find to describe it. I fell asleep with that seemingly conflicted thought going round in my head.

Last edited:

nray999

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Thanks for continuing this. The realistic setup of a bedwetter stuck in diapers is my favorite type of diaper story. Both the mother's enthusiasm and Amy's reaction are believable and I think extra time spent on exposition is worthwhile. I look forward to seeing how this plays out over the 7 days and beyond.

maximilian

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Thank you for this update. I am reading is this with candle light on my iPad because the power is down in our area. I hope to read more soon.

martijn

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Incontinent
Thanks for the update.

I really like the story.

I am looking forward for the next part!!

Jayme

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent, Other
It is refreshing to read a story that is written around a person who doesn't really want to wear diapers in the start. I don't understand how this can be 'tedious' to read, it's not like you break the 4th wall, change scenes in chapters, change P.O.V., or anything like that... I guess some people will complain about anything.

Ruud26

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Thanks for the comments everyone.

It makes a difference when people comment. So I will definitely write some more