Thanksgiving Day

EagleBoy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'm glad to hear some of these retailer stores are going back to where things use to be and be closed on Thanksgiving Day. After all it's a time to be with family NOT a time to say hi to the family hurry up and eat and go to work at 6:00pm.

I'm one of those persons who believe you should get three holidays off a year. Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter because it's a time to be with family not working your %*# off. All other Holidays during the year it's up to the store and you.

I'm glad that I don't have to work Thanksgiving Day again this year. After all who wants nails, drywall, wood, nail guns, and drill for Christmas

Reactions: RetroGirl15, chuck and BobbiSueEllen

messydiaper

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Agreed! That Black Friday thing got out of control there for awhile. Holidays ought to be holidays and not reasons for people to go to work!

Reactions: KittyninjaW and BobbiSueEllen

Cottontail

Silly wabbit!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
Amusingly, a friend of mine who's a devout muslim is also the only person I know who's really into the Black Friday sales. I cracked up when he told me that he was heading to Best Buy to wait in a line that wrapped around the building. He just shrugged and was like, "Hey! The prices are great!" LOL.

• Haha
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen

BobbiSueEllen

A happy, soggy li'l toddler girl in DDs and PPs
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
  4. Other
EagleBoy said:
After all who wants nails, drywall, wood, nail guns, and drill for Christmas
I do! I have a future project lined up. But nobody has to buy me these things for Christmas, especially on Thanksgiving, Cyber Monday, Fat Tuesday, Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, Black Friday, Super-Sci-Fi Saturday or even Palm Sunday. Or Taco Tuesday, neither.

Good used condition's okay, and I prefer collated nails. I have an air compressor & hose already. Knee pads and compression bandages would be a nice touch. 🤭

Just joking. 😉 some years ago, several regional & national retailers decided to step up and say their stores would not participate in the madness of earlier & earlier opening times...and would open at regular business hours on Black Friday. Gutsy move. And praiseworthy, too. We don't wanna see the '80s Cabbage Patch Kids Riot relived at Lowe's, right after Thanksgiving dinner, over cordless tools with everybody coming away beaten & bloody over limited numbers of Ryobi/Tonka combo belt-sander/martini-shaker/Bluetooth car buffer. o_O🤕

Let's lull the newsmedia to sleep...it's a good thing! And Happy Holidays! 🥳

Last edited:
Reactions: KittyninjaW

EagleBoy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
BobbiSueEllen said:
I do! I have a future project lined up. But nobody has to buy me these things for Christmas, especially on Thanksgiving, Cyber Monday, Fat Tuesday, Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, Black Friday, Super-Sci-Fi Saturday or even Palm Sunday. Or Taco Tuesday, neither.

Good used condition's okay, and I prefer collated nails. I have an air compressor & hose already. Knee pads and compression bandages would be a nice touch. 🤭

Just joking. 😉 some years ago, several regional & national retailers decided to step up and say their stores would not participate in the madness of earlier & earlier opening times...and would open at regular business hours on Black Friday. Gutsy move. And praiseworthy, too. We don't wanna see the '80s Cabbage Patch Kids Riot relived at Lowe's, right after Thanksgiving dinner, over cordless tools with everybody coming away beaten & bloody over limited numbers of Ryobi/Tonka combo belt-sander/martini-shaker/Bluetooth car buffer. o_O🤕

Let's lull the newsmedia to sleep...it's a good thing! And Happy Holidays! 🥳
What does a bluetooth car buffer do? and can I use it to buff my truck and make it shiny

• Haha
Reactions: KittyninjaW and BobbiSueEllen

KittyninjaW

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
  7. Other
I am going out with my grandmother and my evil brother to a nearby restaurant. I never do Black Friday.

Last edited:
  • Love

hodori779

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Cyber Monday > Black Friday. I've worked retail on Black Friday too many times. I definitely do not miss eating Thanksgiving dinner at 2 or 3 in the afternoon and then getting ready to go to work.

Last edited:
Reactions: KittyninjaW

Nowididit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
The wife and I got an invite to our son and daughter-in-laws' for Thanksgiving and we declined. We are spending a quiet day at home by ourselves.
I can't stand holiday gatherings anyway, I only tolerate them. Too much chaos, disorganization and noise. It's like an assault on my senses. The worst is when they decide to play some stupid game that has no right or wrong answers and we spend 10 freaking minutes arguing or debating what freaking answers are acceptable. Jfc, I'm glad I'm staying home!

And you sure as hell won't catch me in the stores this weekend!!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: chamberpot and BobbiSueEllen

BobbiSueEllen

A happy, soggy li'l toddler girl in DDs and PPs
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
  4. Other
Nowididit said:
The wife and I got an invite to our son and daughter-in-laws' for Thanksgiving and we declined. We are spending a quiet day at home by ourselves.
I can't stand holiday gatherings anyway, I only tolerate them. Too much chaos, disorganization and noise. It's like an assault on my senses. The worst is when they decide to play some stupid game that has no right or wrong answers and we spend 10 freaking minutes arguing or debating what freaking answers are acceptable. Jfc, I'm glad I'm staying home!

And you sure as hell won't catch me in the stores this weekend!!
Do I hear ya! The biggest part I dislike about being fiftysomething is others' open arms to holiday chaos of a house full of running/screaming kids, politically-zealous adults, boorish men, gossipy women, an extra-loud TV, incessant minor crises...and then just shake it all & add alcohol. And then watch an exponential increase in the maelstrom. There's almost always a loud argument or an actual fight.

The kids can't understand why I'm always outside...and then they're offended by it, even when I tell them why. I'm 56; my hearing's changing for the worse, my mental tolerance has eroded, I can't bear kids' piercing screams or faux-intellectual/ideological combat, insults or fights among adults anymore. You raised your family, you endured all that, persevered, paid physical prices...and eventually, so will they. They'll get it by the time they're our age. You just get tired.

Now, our preference is for smaller, more-intimate get-togethers. Peace, calm. It's a very welcome thing.

Don't get me wrong, I love my family. I do my best, and always will, to help them in any way. We're there as much as we can be. I just wish they'd tolerate, understand people like us and our chips & scratches a little. We're just not as ten feet tall and bulletproof as we once seemed. We're older. 🤔

Reactions: chamberpot

Hemix

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
I think we don't have enough holidays, so thou canst imagine I'm against opening shops during that kind of dates.

We, workers, should support each others, otherwise, these practices will become a norm and they'll go even further. Maybe it won't happen to us tomorrow, but eventually, almost everybody will get damnified.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kayleigh and BobbiSueEllen

KitsuneFox

ADISC Moderator
Staff
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Carer
Back in my younger years, I found Turkey Day was a big headache, especially around family members who never got along. It was an excuse for many to sit around the television to watch (American) football and become intoxicated.

The older I become, the less I personally care about holidays.

Last edited:
Reactions: chamberpot and BobbiSueEllen

jamiejamie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I always look forward to Thanksgiving. I love turkey, sweet potato casserole, stuffing casserole and all the dishes. We normally have meal around 2ish and then we graze the rest of the day so no dinner is planned.

The # of people doesn’t bother me.

And of course football and napping on the couch from food coma!

Nowididit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hemix said:
I think we don't have enough holidays, so thou canst imagine I'm against opening shops during that kind of dates.

We, workers, should support each others, otherwise, these practices will become a norm and they'll go even further. Maybe it won't happen to us tomorrow, but eventually, almost everybody will get damnified.
Well I don't know where thou is from but here in the states we have too many freaking holidays where there is a potential for the gathering of family. I can't stand them anymore. Hell somehow Easter became a freaking gift giving holiday.

Reactions: KitsuneFox, chamberpot and BobbiSueEllen

CLPP

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I cook the entire meal and truly enjoy doing so. I leave the post-meal cleanup to everyone else while I relax on the sofa which is MY domain since I have a bad back and I cooked the meal. No television allowed. If you wanna watch a football game, go home. As long as everyone adheres to my rules, it goes well! LOL!

chamberpot

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
BAUGH HUMBUG!! The holiday season has always been a unpleasant time for me I tend to dig myself into a hole and backfill it on top of me, I lately have been a bit better and can get through it unscathed. To much noise, fights, overspending, and general BS. as some one mentioned as we age hearing is worse and everyone talking at once is deafening to me, I need no background noise to understand conversations and i can't compete with other conversations, tv, and noises.. I'll come out sometime in January once things get back to near normal.

• Love

Hemix

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
Nowididit said:
Well I don't know where thou is from but here in the states we have too many freaking holidays where there is a potential for the gathering of family. I can't stand them anymore. Hell somehow Easter became a freaking gift giving holiday.
I have an inner debate about our current free time out of our jobs. I don't know exactly how many holidays ye have, but for example, in the case of the US, except for the federal ones, holidays aren't mandatory, so thou wouldst have 11 days there by default.

I've read companies offer their own plan for paid holidays, but without that, thou wouldst still have less than in EU, where thou hast 4 weeks if thou workest fulltime.

In the last case, add to those days the usual 6-7 from state public holidays and thou hast 36. However, we haven't in account the time we spend out of work, but which is still necessary for it (getting ready, moving to the office, working out, etc.).

Sometimes I think family life could still be better with a bit more time, not only a bunch of days to live a fantasy until we get too old to enjoy life to its fullest (perhaps not with holidays, but with less work hours and/or less days each week, we have technology after all, so why don't we use it to improve our lifes for real?).

Last edited:
  • Thinking

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I used to love Thanksgiving and Christmas but since my wife died, it's hard on me. I'll probably be at my son's for Thanksgiving and I'll enjoy it but I'll also feel a little out of place. It's just not the same like years past.

• Sad