Status
Not open for further replies.

clyde

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Team Fortress 2, "the most fun you can have online" (~ PC Gamer) recently had an update released called the Uber update. At the same time, Team Fortress 2 became Free-to-Play. That is, you can play the game without paying any money. I think this is pretty awesome. The Uber update is pretty awesome too. Meet the Medic is awesome. I think we need to get an ADISC server set up now. :p

General TF2 thread?

Y00kz

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
This is cool news. TF2 still has a massive fanbase and it's always easy to find a game.
It would be great if someone could afford an official adisc server, however that's probably a little bit expensive. :s

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I've had TF2 since it came out pretty much. started playing in summer of 2008.

It's a great game. But as a notice if you get the game for free you can't trade with other players unless you buy items in the game, the cheapest being .49 cents. But you have to put in at least 5 dollars into steam wallet. But you can use that money towards other games on Steam.

TF2 now does micro transactions. But all the weapons and hats that affect gameplay are free. Only cosmetic items will cost real money.

Jcub

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
This is cool news. TF2 still has a massive fanbase and it's always easy to find a game.
It would be great if someone could afford an official adisc server, however that's probably a little bit expensive. :s

I don't know about official, as I'm not sure Moo would feel comfortable endorsing a server like that (and I entirely understand why). However, I would certainly be more than happy to set up a server for the adisc community. I've briefly expressed an interest in doing so previously, but with it now being free to play it should be a lot easier to get wider interest among the membership base.

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
So many people on TF2 now, and all so very terrible. :(

A

Alecs

I saw it yesterday downloading and thought it was a demo, so I stopped it. Looking it up it is free pretty much, just a few things lessened for free users. I figure I might as well give the game a go. People who already had it are mad a little, either cause they payed for it or all the influx of noobs and trolls.

Zephy

Moderated
Role
  1. Private
People who already had it are mad a little, either cause they payed for it or all the influx of noobs and trolls.

The latter reason I can understand, but the former seems petty. Most people that bought the game bought it a LONG time ago and played it for months, if not YEARS before it became free.

Valve probably wasn't making any money on TF2, not even during sales, because so many people already had it the only ones left were those unwilling/unable to pay. This way people get hooked on the game and then end up buying some of the secondary income sources for the game (which will now be the primary source of income).

Macky

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
The latter reason I can understand, but the former seems petty. Most people that bought the game bought it a LONG time ago and played it for months, if not YEARS before it became free.

Valve probably wasn't making any money on TF2, not even during sales, because so many people already had it the only ones left were those unwilling/unable to pay. This way people get hooked on the game and then end up buying some of the secondary income sources for the game (which will now be the primary source of income).

Precisely.
There's also a server mod that blocks f2p users, so that could be an interesting downside.
We've placed it on our trading servers because f2p people can't trade. No point in then wasting our slots...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A

Alecs

There's also a server mod that blocks f2p users, so that could be an interesting downside.
We've placed it on our trading servers because f2p people can't trade. No point in then wasting our slots...

Where did this come from? Link?

Jcub

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur

I agree, I bought TF2 and just don't understand the sense of entitlement of some players. Sure, I'm a little disappointed I didn't get more than a (slightly crappy) hat for having bought it before it was free, but I'm certainly not angry or massively upset about it. I'm mostly just happy that it'll boost the size of the TF2 playerbase. Sure, these people will be non-experts when they first join, but everyone was starting out at one point or another. :D

Also, I can pretty much get a TF2 server for the ADISC community set up at any time. What I'm unsure about is what measures to take to prevent trolls and other such unpleasant characters from making the server hell. The most obvious and basic measure would be to simply password protect the server. If anyone has any better suggestions, or any other ideas, do let me know.

Macky

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
I agree, I bought TF2 and just don't understand the sense of entitlement of some players. Sure, I'm a little disappointed I didn't get more than a (slightly crappy) hat for having bought it before it was free, but I'm certainly not angry or massively upset about it. I'm mostly just happy that it'll boost the size of the TF2 playerbase. Sure, these people will be non-experts when they first join, but everyone was starting out at one point or another. :D

Also, I can pretty much get a TF2 server for the ADISC community set up at any time. What I'm unsure about is what measures to take to prevent trolls and other such unpleasant characters from making the server hell. The most obvious and basic measure would be to simply password protect the server. If anyone has any better suggestions, or any other ideas, do let me know.

Just get good admins. That's how every other server deals with it.
Also don't make it exclusively adisc, otherwise it will most likely be dead for extended periods.
(I run TF2 servers for a gaming/trade community)

Jcub

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
Also don't make it exclusively adisc, otherwise it will most likely be dead for extended periods.

Fair enough. I will, of course, be able to keep an eye on things on the server a lot of the time (even if I'm not even playing, thanks to the wonders of SSH). Would anyone else be interested in helping out as an admin?

Zephy

Moderated
Role
  1. Private

Maybe not ADISC only, but I think it should be password protected and invite-only. That way they don't necessarily need to be part of ADISC, but they need to know that there ARE infantilists that use it, and it might get talked about. What's the point in having a server for ADISC users to use if they can't even talk about stuff from the site?

clyde

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I can help admin. I actually recently set up another TF2 server for another online community that isn't related to ABDL or anything like that. I also have a lot of knowledge of Linux and SSH and all that. Should I PM you my SSH public key? =]

---------- Post added at 09:41 ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 ----------

It's going to be completely hilarious when the heavy says "Entire team is babies!" or stuff like that. :D

Last edited:

Macky

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
Fair enough. I will, of course, be able to keep an eye on things on the server a lot of the time (even if I'm not even playing, thanks to the wonders of SSH). Would anyone else be interested in helping out as an admin?

It's probably easier on your server to use an RCON client such as HLSW rather than direct SSH.

@Zephy I agree with you, it would be nice to have a server where we are able to discuss ab/tb/dl/furry .ect content, Im just worried that it wouldn't produce enough traffic.

clyde

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
It's probably easier on your server to use an RCON client such as HLSW rather than direct SSH.

@Zephy I agree with you, it would be nice to have a server where we are able to discuss ab/tb/dl/furry .ect content, Im just worried that it wouldn't produce enough traffic.

Why wouldn't it? TF2 is free, anyone on ADISC can download it. In the MOTD it could simply say that all of the rules on ADISC apply on the server. That is, anyone can play, as long as they aren't discriminatory against people that are AB/TB/DL/LG/BF/IC etc., and can handle people talking about their interests in the latter. Would of course, also have a copy of the actual ADISC rules in the MOTD.

I'm really excited about this. :D

MilesPrower

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Private
As am I.

But It's only f2p for the weekend, I thought.

Regardless, I'm surprised that not a lot of people have payed for it yet. Definitely worth the 20 bucks for the Orange Box. Or wait until later on in the summer, isn't that when Valve has more epic deals on things?

Macky

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
As am I.

But It's only f2p for the weekend, I thought.

Regardless, I'm surprised that not a lot of people have payed for it yet. Definitely worth the 20 bucks for the Orange Box. Or wait until later on in the summer, isn't that when Valve has more epic deals on things?

No no, it's now f2p permanently.
Read more about it, and the premium system on the tf2 blog :)

Jcub

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
Alrighty then. For those who are interested, there's now a server up at 46.226.248.44:27015. Password is "trilogy". Replays should work, but apart from that it's mostly default. The server is UK based, so I can't make any promises about latency for folks outside the UK, I'm afraid. Hope to see y'all on! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.