• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

'Tender-Care' brand diapers

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Elli

I'm wondering whether other people have used 'Tender-Care' nappies and what other people think of them. As the sizing is set a bit small, I have the large size which is actually too big really but for night time it's awesome! The nappy comes up almost to my ribs which provides excellent coverage and it feels really comforting. I have only tried the 'Night' absorbency, but they are available in a lesser 'daytime' absorbency too. I would stick with my Kendall Lille in the day time though, as I appreciate the elastic waist and slimmer fitting when out and about. But generally I am really impressed with Tender-Care. What do other people think?

I'm also curious about how the large 'Night' Tender-Care diapers might compare to Molicare and Abena, which I haven't had the opportunity to try. Maybe someone has used both and could say how they compare?

http://www.tender-care.com/products.php?cat=19

Last edited by a moderator:

Billy88

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
cant say i have tired them but im gonna prob buy some 2nite so i will let u know if they any good :p

B

ade

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
TC's have been around for.......nearly ever. i've got some of their original promo flyers somewhere (just been looking for them - like i said, somewhere; must be stashed well ;) ).
to be honest, since the gelificationist types appeared in the UK, i've only bought one pack, just to see if they'd updated them - they hadn't. the 'night' ones were purple, when i had some, and only really comparable with Vlesi night-time diapers.
apart from the plain-whiteness of the standard ones and a fairly snug cut, i don't rate them; just not gelly enough to compete with the current leading brands.
i've still got half a pack in my wardrobe, btw.

incidentally, a local manufacturer used to produce an AIO also called Tender-care, but they changed their name for some reason......and their design and construction. the original of that was better, for looks, fit and crinkle than the newer one; although the absorbancy didn't change.

E

Elli

That's a good point, ade, which I hadn't noticed before. When wet, other ones go all squishy from the gel but these ones remain firmer. That makes sense now. I guess they use fluff pulp stuff instead, right? It might also explain why Tender-Care are a little cheaper than some.

But, that said, I've had very minimal leakage with them, whilst leakage was a common occurence with Kendall Lille Supreme Maxi, which I'd expect to have been the superior of the two. Maybe fluff can wick faster and absorb quicker, even if it feels damp against the skin and makes rashes more likely.

A

annierighthurr

Hmm they do look nice and rather thick.
But I see they are a European diaper, so pooey. :(

CalebBunny

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Sissy
i've heard of them but nothing goo or bad. =\

r0bino

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
It's strange that they are offered in the same sizes as Riboslip diapers, which are a German brand I first wore a few days ago. The company making them also offers a rebranding, and they are plain white with a very small printing of the size in the middle of the diaper. The tapes look the same, too.

I liked the plastic, noise and feel of the riboslips, so if they are the same they aren't a bad buy. There are times when I can't fully use a normal night-time diaper anyway, so they are ideal for that I'd guess.

E

Elli

It's strange that they are offered in the same sizes as Riboslip diapers, which are a German brand I first wore a few days ago. The company making them also offers a rebranding, and they are plain white with a very small printing of the size in the middle of the diaper. The tapes look the same, too.

I liked the plastic, noise and feel of the riboslips, so if they are the same they aren't a bad buy. There are times when I can't fully use a normal night-time diaper anyway, so they are ideal for that I'd guess.
That's interesting. I don't know if you can tell from the webpage pics (I can't) but the Tender-Care diapers do have the size printed in very small blue writing on the middle and this smudges and disappears when wet, as a wetness indicator. I think these are not British because the pack says 'diapers' which is unusual. It would say 'nappies' or more likely just 'fitted briefs' or whatever.

If you go back a page on the website, it shows the packets, but they all say Tender-Care rather than Riboslip. Still, it might be the same thing inside the packet.

ade

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
i'm sure TC's are Maltese, but i'm not going checking.
they do have some gel in them, but not much. if they kept the same design, but gelled them up and fitted sturdier inner-cuffs, they'd be a match for the leading brands and better for the extra padding up front.
the Kendalls can take a bit of experimenting with to get a decent fitting. while most instructions indicate fixing the lower tapes across the front of the diaper, i prefer to fix them following the contours of my groin; this gives me a fairly decent fit and holds the diaper up when wet (it also adds to the noise, which is good, yes?).

E

Elli

That would make sense. The shape of TC's are really great.

Kendalls, again I'd agree, they take a bit more concentration to fit properly. I tend to have to pull them up slightly further at the front than the back toget the front sides to match up with the back side panels. To me, noise is a bad thing, so I try to get it as snug as possible without loose flaps to wriggle up. I'm quite fussy actually. The other reason though is I sometimes end up with a bulge of padding at the front which makes me look significantly less female...ahem. So, I pull the padding down flat and wear pants over them to keep it there.

Tommy

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Shame, they only come in packs of 30 or 90 =[ My parents and sister are going away for 5 days soon, im home alone :D Was thinking about ordering some, can't get to many... nowhere decent to hide when they are back.

Elli, how long did they take to arrive? And how discrete is the package? also, what van delivers, please don't say its not a 'Tender-Care' vechial :p

E

Elli

I ordered the 30 pack. The package was large, and quite weighty. It was actually 2 packs of 15 packed together. I wonder why they don't offer packs of 15 on their web page. Maybe it's not cost effective or something. Don't know.

The packaging was very discreet in that it was covered with a thick black bag and taped all over with big wide clear tape. It wasn't in a box though, so you could technically feel the contents, but really, unless you were highly suspicious, it could be all kinds of things.

I used the 'print out an order form and send a cheque' option, and my order form was attached to the package, showing my address, but they had folded it clearfully as that no details were visible re. what I had ordered. There were no brand names on the packaging or the post label or any other words or logos etc to hint at the contents.

The website tells you more about delivery, but I think it's in less than a week. For me it was a couple of days.

Where I live, all post gets taken into an office and I go pick it up when I'm ready. This means I would only use the most discreet delivery. It also means though, that I didn't see the van. On the website, it explains about the delivery company they use and I think it's just a generic delivery company, but I can't be sure. Best check.

Here is another thread where Tender-Care was spoken about (twice)...

http://www.adisc.org/forum/diaper-talk/10676-good-suppliers-uk-2.html

Status
Not open for further replies.