Tena Ultra question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'm thinking about ordering some Tena Ultras because walmart.com has them for $20-something for a bag of 40. First off, is this right? 40 seems like an awful lot for a bag, it doesn't say it's a case of 4x10 or anything. I don't have any experience with these because all I've ever used in the past has been CVS brand and Tranquility ATN. Also the sizing seems odd, I have between 34-36" waist and I normally take a large, but the large says 48-59" waist/hip. The mediums are 34-47" which seems more like what I'd need. Can anyone with experience with these help me out?

Edit:
The Supers are 28/bag for about the same price, if the Ultras are that thin that they can fit 40 in the same space maybe I want Super instead? One review for those recommend getting one size larger than you think you need, so maybe large is what I should be getting anyway?

Last edited:
I have worn the TENA Super a few times which are similar to the Ultra which is a medium absorbency, the Super is maximum. I find that the Super runs small, smaller than any ABDL diaper I've worn and that includes the Lil Monsters which allegedly run small. I am a Medium but with TENA I buy large.

It looks like TENA does have a 40 pack of Ultra diapers (bottom right corner). Depends does this too, the packs are normal width but twice the height.

Also TENA diapers are much smaller than ABDL diapers, so a pack of 14 TENA is much smaller than a pack of 10 Rearz.

40.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
^^^ What neophyte said. +1

i had a similar question to op, except i was wondering what the approx absorbency was for the supers, and i cant find it anywhere, not even on tenas website

The Supers are pretty good, but since I wear 'em doubled, my opinion may not help much. :confused:

babyboy061997 said:
i had a similar question to op, except i was wondering what the approx absorbency was for the supers, and i cant find it anywhere, not even on tenas website

This site claims... Absorbs up to 30 oz (887 ml)

But I would have thought more than that.

neophyte said:
But I would have thought more than that.
They're non-AB briefs. I've seen nursing homes use 3 diapers at one time on a patient.

These are cloth-backed and different from the European version of the Tena super and Tena ultra, right?

Tena ultra hold about 12 ounces and the super hold about 20 ounces. Unless you get the elastic waist ones they don’t stay up really well.

The reason I was looking into them is because of the low price, plus the hook and loop closure

I used to buy the Tena Ultra because I was getting a good deal, but when you have to change so much it doesn't become worth it.
Try Molicare super soft. A little bit more expensive than Tena, but absorbs more, softer, Better fit too! Very slim. I like the Tena Flex super for absorbency but I wouldn't trust it for nights. Check out Molicare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back