Tena Slip Plus (Active Fit)

CherryPie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hello I need your thoughts please… I’m planning on going 24/7 in the new year. I’m going to be exclusively wearing Tena slip active fit which are my go to diapers. I just can’t decide which absorbency to wear for day time. I had originally thought of the maxi for day time, however the discreetness of the plus absorbency is appealing. I’ve never tried them before, but the price and the fact you get 30 in a pack is ticking the boxes. Any one else use the plus active fit?

Reactions: Fleetwoodmac32192

NappyCouple1980

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I used Maxi after needing to change to regularly in Plus.

I don’t wear 24/7 but when I do wear out and about it annoys me needing to change too regularly.

I’m out now in Ultima, just wearing the right jeans to get away with it and know no one is looking anyway.

Good luck!

Reactions: CherryPie

TinyBunny

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
I think there's a SUPER level Active Fit that rates between PLUS and MAXI. That'd be my choice for daytime/work.

Muhdeee

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
The Maxi are pretty discrete as it stands, Id go with them

Reactions: Billybatts and CherryPie

ztrga

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
TinyBunny said:
I think there's a SUPER level Active Fit that rates between PLUS and MAXI. That'd be my choice for daytime/work.
There is a Tena Slip Super, but I don't think there is an "Active fit" (i.e. plastic-backed) variant. At least I've never seen it, not even on the web page of Tena.

I find that Tena Slip Maxi can be comfortably worn in public, and it's reasonably discreet in my opinion.

Reactions: warmfeeling and CherryPie

NappyCouple1980

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
My Ultima is still going strong, 6 ciders deep and holding out… just, think the next wet will cause a leak and I’ve not got a change with me 😬

Reactions: CherryPie and badger50

TheWetOne

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
  3. Incontinent
I get my nappies through the NHS Continence service. When I asked to switch to Active fit from the cloth-backed Proskin, at first I was given 3 Plus for the daytime, and 1 Maxi for nighttime. But the Plus simply weren't reliable enough, and I had a lot of leaks. I eventually managed to persuade my nurse to change it to 4 Maxis per day/night, and now I wear Maxis 24/7 and rarely have any leaks at all; if I do get a leak it is minor.

DLmikey

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
The Tena Active Fit nappies are my favourite. I normally only wear occasionally, but have had a couple of longer periods wearing including a four-day long weekend at the start of December where I didn’t use the toilet and did everything in my nappy - so 24/4. I used Tena Maxi Actives during the day and the Ultima version with plastic pants overnight, using generally two/three daytime nappies and one at night.

Daytimes I wore ordinary clothing - so boxer briefs, jeans etc in usual everyday situations, although I remained dry/clean while out and about in the local town. A Dry Maxi is more or less invisible in these situations but I think any wet nappy could be visible under jeans but as others have said most people wouldn’t be looking that closely. I did have an unexpected visitor at home on one of the days and I was slightly wet at the time and they stayed for around an hour and I made a brew and I know he certainly didn’t notice anything. The Maxis coped with normal amounts daytime wetting and I also needed to make a small mess in one on the Saturday afternoon too. I had no daytime leaks during four days and my underpants and jeans remained perfectly dry. The Ultimas were great for overnights/earl mornings including a morning #2, I had a small leak one night but all was contained by the plastic pants.

I’m not planning to go 24/7 permanently, but will have further long weekends wearing from time to time and will use the same combination of Maxi/Ultima Active fit Tena again. All the best with going 24/7 and let us know how it goes.

Knickers4all

Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
  2. Other
BiCouple1980 said:
I used Maxi after needing to change to regularly in Plus.

I don’t wear 24/7 but when I do wear out and about it annoys me needing to change too regularly.

I’m out now in Ultima, just wearing the right jeans to get away with it and know no one is looking anyway.

Good luck!
Ultima are most absorbent in this range

JoeMusic1976

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
BiCouple1980 said:
My Ultima is still going strong, 6 ciders deep and holding out… just, think the next wet will cause a leak and I’ve not got a change with me 😬
Tena Ultima are my go-to diaper IF i wear during the day.
For example: I’m about to hop on a transatlantic flight soon and I will be wearing a Tena Ultima so I can sleep with confidence.
I have worn BetterDry on bord the plane before and they went unnoticed too,
But the Tena is even more discreet.

CherryPie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Thanks for the replies. It looks like the Plus wouldn’t be suitable for my needs throughout the day then. I’d be wearing for 7-8 hour a day at work so I’m definitely thinking the Maxi absorbency.

I’m going to set up a subscribe and save with one of the online shops. Probably set the delivery frequency for every 2 or 4 weeks. Do you think 1 pack a week would be enough? That would work out at 2 changes a day. And a pack of Ultima’s for night time.

wearforsafety

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
Try Tena Active Plus with extra booster pad. It works quite well.

Last edited:

LePew

Staying dry in the city of rain
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
i use Tena Slip Maxi and Ultima almost exclusively for my tape-on ‘needs’. I live in the USA and pay a premium to have these UK diapers imported. They are really that good.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diapersntights, Billybatts, CherryPie and 1 other person

Billybatts

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
LePew said:
i use Tena Slip Maxi and Ultima almost exclusively for my tape-on ‘needs’. I live in the USA and pay a premium to have these UK diapers imported. They are really that good.
100000% agree

Reactions: DLmikey

DLmikey

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Billybatts said:
100000% agree
Completely agree - in fact I’m in a medium Ultima Active right now in bed and slightly wet! 😊

Reactions: Billybatts

Diapersntights

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Don't wear full time, but wear a combination of of Maxis and Ultimas - Get occasional leaks from the Maxis (normally my own fault, not fitting it correctly), but - touch wood - never had one from an Ultima - they're lovely and thick, just not quite as discreet, but I feel I could get another couple of wettings in them and flooding my nappy is something I can do with more confidence. Currently very comfortable in a wet Ultima.

loadedpamperman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
CherryPie said:
Thanks for the replies. It looks like the Plus wouldn’t be suitable for my needs throughout the day then. I’d be wearing for 7-8 hour a day at work so I’m definitely thinking the Maxi absorbency.

I’m going to set up a subscribe and save with one of the online shops. Probably set the delivery frequency for every 2 or 4 weeks. Do you think 1 pack a week would be enough? That would work out at 2 changes a day. And a pack of Ultima’s for night time.
7-8 hours is likely going to require a change with the Maxi but the Ultima likely will last all day unless you are a very heavy wetter (meds I'm on have me putting out between 4-6 QUARTS per day with 1.5-2 quarts overnight being normal. My body never slows down urine production regardless of being asleep and I've learned which diapers hold up the best as I've had over 18 full years of practice so far.