• haven't tried either!

Votes: 12 26.1%

• Total voters

LePew

Staying dry in the city of rain
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Tena Slip Active MAXI VS Tena Slip Active ULTIMA (both UK variants for the record)

I've always been a huge fan of Tena Slip Maxi but just tried the Ultima. They're a little thicker, maybe a smidge stiffer? They do absorb more but they also cost a bit more and there's 3 less per pack vs the Maxi. I'm not really sure which one I'd buy again TBO. Like, they're both such great every-day diapers!

What's your pick and why?

Reactions: Billybatts

TreeLad

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I know it's no help to you but I'd have either. I also like the proskin variants in maxi and ultima, personally I find them slightly more absorbent.

ParaRomeo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
To me it didn't seem like the Ultima absorbed much more or for the the price difference between them. My pricing might be different as I do live in the states and get from few Canadian companies also ones we get are plastic backed have heard some in UK have switched. Do wish it was posted sooner as Incontrol had a holiday sale on the Maxi Slip if you were in the US think a case of large was like $106 shipped which for 66 diapers was actually bad price.

Reactions: bobbilly and LePew

bobbilly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I like the Maxi's. These feel very comfortable between my legs, these are my 24/7 nappy and it now feels just like my normal underwear now. The Maxi's meet my needs and last 5 hours because I'ma dribbler and gusher (no floods) I don't think I need the next absorbency up. A case of 66 Tena slip Maxi's active fit is £45 with delivery here in the UK and these are fantastic nappies for the price.

Reactions: ParaRomeo and Donfidaze

DLmikey

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
The medium size versions of these are the only two nappies I wear and for me I have found they are both absolutely unbeatable. Of the two, for some reason, probably just purely personal anatomy, I find the MAXI version for me is absolutely perfect. The ULTIMA obviously has a higher capacity in theory, but I have often found that the MAXI works better for me in practice. Both are wonderful nappies, they work well and just feel lovely to wear dry or wet.

Frungie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'm expecting a delivery of Ultima diapers in the next few days. I like the extra absorbency and still discreet for daytime wetting.

TabaCrate

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I discovered the ancestor of Tena in the 80's, if I remember it was designed by the peaudouce team.
All the years trying to find a "real" diaper ended, it finally existed!

I was totally hooked. A real diaper for adults, with all the baby attributes (SAP came a bit later).

And the top is that it fits me perfectly, since day 1! near 40 years after it's still the best fitting diaper for me.

Now, the Maxi is my preferred one, probably the best discretion/absorbency ratio. I wear also the Super when I need to be super discreet.
I use the ultima only if I know I'll need it more than 8-12 hours.

I prefer the ProSkin version than plastic one but that's a personal choice, both are very efficient.

And finally the price. It's not the cheapest one but with cheaper ones, I need at least one more diaper per day (except maybe Seni!).
It costs me less than 1 euro (last order was arount 93 euro cents) which represents around 0.95 $ (1.9 to 2.85$ per day!).

• Love
Reactions: Antientmariner

Forced

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Ultima is my go to choice when I want to have more changes.
You can’t stay as long in the nappy as a thicker more absorbent AB disposable but sometimes that’s half the fun 🤩

Belarin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
I always used to go for maxi, when the ultima came along I switched to that and didn't look back I loved the extra bulk, and that I could wear for longer.

However since I mostly use cloth now, if I was to get more Tena I would probably go for the maxi's maybe even the supers, I can get the bulky feel and absorbency from cloth and the main time I wear disposable is out and about where I tend not to wet quite as much and need more discretion so a super might be fine for me and at the same price but for 9 extra nappies makes it just over 50p per nappy.

Reactions: Babynat50 and LePew

JoeMusic1976

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
I have had both Maxi and Ultima and I must say that subjectively I feel more secure with the Ultima.
Maybe because they seem/are thicker and a bit stiffer.
That's not to say the Maxi are no good period.
I guess it comes down to personal preference for me, but I'm sure
there is also a difference in actual capacity as mentioned here before.
Sometimes you'll have to leave facts by the wayside and go with what feels right(er).

Reactions: thedlguy, Babynat50 and LePew

Babynat50

Life in frillies
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
I use ultima good nappy, i also use other brands.👍

Bby

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
I also love the extra bulk and absorbency that comes with the Ultima. However I prefer the pro skin versions.

Reactions: TreeLad, LePew and Babynat50

Babynat50

Life in frillies
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
I only like plastic backed versions, its just the feel and the crinkle.

Reactions: LePew and JoeMusic1976

JoeMusic1976

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
Babynat50 said:
I only like plastic backed versions, its just the feel and the crinkle.
And I think they don't sag as much.
I feel that the clothlike wings all clothlike or partially stretch too much over time and then the fit is out the window

HappyNappin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
This might sound slightly silly but I'd buy the Ultima over the maxi for no other reason than I prefer the grey printing over the pink/lilac of the maxi.
They are usually slightly cheaper per case but you get a few less nappies.
I think the maxi is still the better nappy of the two as it works well day and night, I don't think the Ultima is quite as good for daytime use as it's hard to fully utilize the extra absorption.
I really wish they would do a active fit super as they would be ideal for daytime use, saying that I've been really impressed by the proskin plus slip, they can handle a major flooding surprising well so I might give the plastic ones a try next time I'm stocking up.

Babynat50

Life in frillies
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
JoeMusic1976 said:
And I think they don't sag as much.
I feel that the clothlike wings all clothlike or partially stretch too much over time and then the fit is out the window
Yes, i hate the feell of them too.

Billybatts

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Like them both. Just got a case of the Maxi and two packs of the Ultima. 😍

• Love
Reactions: Babynat50, LePew and DLmikey

Karoq

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
TabaCrate said:
I discovered the ancestor of Tena in the 80's, if I remember it was designed by the peaudouce team.
All the years trying to find a "real" diaper ended, it finally existed!

I was totally hooked. A real diaper for adults, with all the baby attributes (SAP came a bit later).

And the top is that it fits me perfectly, since day 1! near 40 years after it's still the best fitting diaper for me.

Now, the Maxi is my preferred one, probably the best discretion/absorbency ratio. I wear also the Super when I need to be super discreet.
I use the ultima only if I know I'll need it more than 8-12 hours.

I prefer the ProSkin version than plastic one but that's a personal choice, both are very efficient.

And finally the price. It's not the cheapest one but with cheaper ones, I need at least one more diaper per day (except maybe Seni!).
It costs me less than 1 euro (last order was arount 93 euro cents) which represents around 0.95 $ (1.9 to 2.85$ per day!).
That was the Peadouce Slipad . My first venture into adult disposables too in the early 1980’s. When I discovered sample packs of 2 in Boots stores I was in heaven

Reactions: TabaCrate

LePew

Staying dry in the city of rain
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Billybatts said:
Like them both. Just got a case of the Maxi and two packs of the Ultima. 😍
Why both? When would you use the Maxi and when would you use the Ultima?

hbic60

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
The Tena proskin slip maxi is since a half year my nighttime diaper. It's incredibly soft, no matter if dry or wet. Absorbancy is enough to hold all my nighty output without any leaks over that time period. Additional they are (here in Germany) not too expensive, I get them from my supplier for about 0,65 EUR/piece. Daytime I use something different, the Tena Maxi are IMHO not discreet enough for me!

Reactions: thedlguy and LePew