Tena Slip in the US

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleAdam

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Incontinent
:confused: I have heard a lot of people from Europe talking about Tena diapers, and they're probably the one brand that I have never tried. People have told me that the Tena Slip Super and Maxi's are the best, but searching online for those doesn't yield the same kind of results as other popular brands (Abena, Molicare, Tranquility). There are so many different kinds and I can't specifically find the Tena Slip brand.

I was wondering if anyone here from the US orders these and if so, from where?

Mitsukuni

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Sissy
Tena is my personal favourite brand, but very expensive ($13.79 including tax). I bought mine from a local superstore in the pads/diapers isle, and the lady said nothing of it at the checkout stand. If she said anything, my excuse would be "These are for my little brother. Bed wetting problems, ya know?" and I have a feeling she woulda fell for it XD

Role
Diaper Lover
Tena is my personal favourite brand, but very expensive ($13.79 including tax). I bought mine from a local superstore in the pads/diapers isle, and the lady said nothing of it at the checkout stand. If she said anything, my excuse would be "These are for my little brother. Bed wetting problems, ya know?" and I have a feeling she woulda fell for it XD
Hate to tell you, but $14 for a pack of diapers (probably around 20 or so) is pretty cheap.

And as far as I know the only way to get tena slips in the US is ebay, the only tenas sold in the US are the "serenity" brand which sucks.

Ace

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I did find some tena pull ups one time in an independent pharmacy which also sells attends which is rare around these parts. Anyway, I bought them to give them a try and while they are certainly discreet, don't expect them to be absorbent enough to hold more than a slight drippage.

Crassi

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Well, if I'm not mistaken the european Tenas ain't the same as the US ones. I use the Maxi one alot, and it's great.

indiaperdl

DL couple Germany
Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Careful Guys! European Tenas have nothing (!!!!!) in common with the US Tenas. Quite honestly, the US ones simply suck. They are not worth the plastic pack they come in compared to the European ones. I usually bring some European ones when I go there. Trust me, I have tried them both (3 versions in Europe and 2(?) versions in the US. It is sad that Tena has such a sophisticated diaper in Europe and sells such [email protected]#$% over here. I don't get it!!!

So save your money on the US ones and rather get some Molicares or so!

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
indiaperdl is correct... US Tenas aren't good at all.

US Tenas are cloth backed with velcro tabs... bleh.

Euro Tenas (Tena Slip) are plastic backed with tapes... and you can't find them anywhere states-side.

I have seen a few packs on e-bay... but they are like the old-school Attends, they go for mega bucks.

LittleAdam

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Incontinent
Thanks for everyone's responses. I think I'll just stick with what I'm using now.

CarKid

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other, Private
You can buy Tena Slip maxi online in the US, but they are very expensive.

Role
Private
indiaperdl is correct... US Tenas aren't good at all.

US Tenas are cloth backed with velcro tabs... bleh.

Euro Tenas (Tena Slip) are plastic backed with tapes... and you can't find them anywhere states-side.

I have seen a few packs on e-bay... but they are like the old-school Attends, they go for mega bucks.
Hmm... Australia must get the Euro ones then, since I've never seen Velcro ones before...

Spiro910

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Mexicio carries Tena Slip, Tena Live (Vive, in spanish) and other tenas, but the only one that deserves respect is Tena Slip.. I use them and they're awesome :0

betagame

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
There's a place in Europe where you can have them shipped to you anywhere around the world. Quite a variety of disposables to including the Tenas slips and maxi's:

Save Express Sanitaetsfachhandel Discount Versand Weidlich Deutschland

Have you noticed The European diapers are much better that the ones are made for us here in the USA?
Can someone [Preferably Peachy] read that page and tell us if their shipping is discreet, has good service, and is reliable???

Yes, I do know that the European diapers are way better than the US diapers.

dprdinky

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Carer
I can tell you now.

When going to the next page it explains on the far right column - in English, that the packages come to you in "neutral packaging".

As far as I know, the service is pretty good.

ShyBaby

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
I use Save Express regularly and they are great. For shipping to the UK, you get choice of UPS or DPD couriers (not sure about choices for the US) and the packaging is always neutral. Usually, it's a regular diaper carton turned inside-out - there's no indication of the contents and the shipper is shown as something like "O. Weidlich." They usually turn orders around in a day or two so you'll probably get your order within the week.

Note, they also sell NUK 5s (medic pro L) for about €5 so well worth chucking a couple of them in the order if that floats your boat.

indiaperdl

DL couple Germany
Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I have ordered at Save Express to the US before and even have been in there location close to Hamburg several times. They are friendly and AB/DL aware. They do ship fast and discrete. 10 out of 10 points for them!
The only thing is the relatively high shipping cost, because diapers are pretty heavy. ....but it is worth it for sure.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
Can someone [Preferably Peachy] read that page and tell us if their shipping is discreet, has good service, and is reliable???

Yes, I do know that the European diapers are way better than the US diapers.
Keep in mind that, no matter how neutral the packaging is, there will be a customs declaration affixed to the outside of the box listing the contents for the customs office of the country of destination. Obviously, that only applies if you live outside of the European Union.
So anyone can read quite clearly what's in the box, even if it doesn't scream "DIAPERS" on the outside.

From my experience, that store simply take apart an old diaper box, inverts it (so the writing is inside) and then tapes it up again.

Peachy

quattrus

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Carer
I've personally shopped at airoliver.de a couple of times (physically going there), and I can confirm what Peachy said about the packaging, having seen them prepare shipments for other customers. Moreover, they offer probably the best prices you can get, they sell Abriforms at a cheaper price than the Abena factory outlet in Denmark!

My only fear is that a shipment to the USA is going to cost more than the diapers themselves.... :eek:

CarKid

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other, Private
Alittle while back I wanted to get the Tena slip. I was going to order them from Dorcettenursing supplies or whatever it was. From England to get them shipped over here, it was a

136.00 bucks for the shipping.

SCREW THAT CAPITALLY!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.