Tena active fit improvements

Monkeypuzzler

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Just opened a new pack of active fit ultimas and they have markedly reduced the colour of the writing and dots. I recently read on here that the non active fits have been changed and gone to a horrible rectangular design but the active fits have improved as far as I'm concerned. They have also made them more trim fitting which works well for my body shape.

I am coming less and less bothered if my nappy is visible in public and these are much better as the writing is much less visible, especially from a distance, and could perhaps be taken for looking like white underwear rather than a nappy. I usually wear popper vests but with the hot weather in the uk recently and my decreasing concern of being noticed I have not worn them as much just lately.

Are Tena trying to push sales of the active fit over the cloth backed by making them even worse and making the active fits even better?

Please excuse the photo, the old style was a used nappy but folded carefully and picture taken from the back so it doesn't look obvious but I needed to contrast against the new style and don't think I have any of those left over.
IMG_2444.JPGl

Reactions: Deleted member 48219 and Norcalabdl
Interesting to see, I've been considering trying these out for at night to try and save on crinklz.
How do you find them? Are the similar to the old plastic tena slip maxi?

HappyNappin said:
Interesting to see, I've been considering trying these out for at night to try and save on crinklz.
How do you find them? Are the similar to the old plastic tena slip maxi?

Hi there, yes I would say similar to the old maxi in terms of fit and absorbency with the biggest difference is no tape landing zone.

I suppose in the early days of being back in nappies this was quite useful to get the perfect fit but after some 30000 changes I always get the tapes perfect first time!

Reactions: Diaper44
I wear the maxis and think there a drop less than the ultima but can still take a good wetting, I only prefer the maxi cus of the purple design so hope they haven’t ruined them

Monkeypuzzler said:
Hi there, yes I would say similar to the old maxi in terms of fit and absorbency with the biggest difference is no tape landing zone.

I suppose in the early days of being back in nappies this was quite useful to get the perfect fit but after some 30000 changes I always get the tapes perfect first time!

They don't help get the tapes right tho, the landing panel on the last few cases I bought was off centre by about half an inch, it took me ages to work out why they kept leaking out the right leg hole.

Does the plastic feel the same as it used to?

Last edited:
HappyNappin said:
They don't help get the tapes right tho, the landing panel on the last few cases I bought was off centre by about half an inch, it took me ages to work out why they kept leaking out the right leg hole.

Does the plastic feel the same as it used to?
I used the markings on the tape panel to some degree to aid alignment but in the early days the main benefit was being able to reposition the tabs many time rather than once with the double tape system. Is it me or are the bits that's left on the nappy ALWAYS blue? No matter what the manufacturer?

If memory serves me correctly then I would say the plastic is pretty much the same as from the days before they started making 'cloth' backing. I have one single nappy each of plus, super and maxi from those days but they are in a sealed box in the loft so will get them out tomorrow and compare them and then report back.

Seabear said:
I wear the maxis and think there a drop less than the ultima but can still take a good wetting, I only prefer the maxi cus of the purple design so hope they haven’t ruined them
I only use the ultima but I would imagine the maxi still has purple dots but they will be very faint if they've changed them too.

Monkeypuzzler said:
I used the markings on the tape panel to some degree to aid alignment but in the early days the main benefit was being able to reposition the tabs many time rather than once with the double tape system. Is it me or are the bits that's left on the nappy ALWAYS blue? No matter what the manufacturer?

If memory serves me correctly then I would say the plastic is pretty much the same as from the days before they started making 'cloth' backing. I have one single nappy each of plus, super and maxi from those days but they are in a sealed box in the loft so will get them out tomorrow and compare them and then report back.
After retrieving them from the loft I can say that the texture feels exactly the same between them when unused. However after use they feel different somehow, almost a rubbery texture. Maybe it’s just the heat though, warming the plastic more than the initial higher heat immediately after wetting.

Seabear said:
For me the Ultima are a bit cheeper than the maxi, an odd quirk of there being less in a case, so there a few pounds cheeper, and a few pence cheeper per nappy.

Monkeypuzzler said:

I always found if I did restick a tape on the landing panel it would pop off or slip not long after.
I don't know of any that don't have a blue sticky tape, even most cloth backs have a little line of blue on there tabs.
I've got 2 cases of maxi and 1 of super up my mum's loft, I don't know why I'm keeping them, I'll never get round to using them, yet I doubt I'll ever sell them.

I tried a bag of tena awhile ago and although most features were great they had hilariously short standing leak guards. (like 1/2") I wanted to use them for my daytime wear to work but part of the job description involves keeping the boys from rubbing a rash in my inner thighs, and so proper leak guards are a requirement, so these weren't usable. (I also didn't like how much unpadded plastic they had in the front and back)

Have they changed?

I recently ordered Tena active fit plus. The blue print has indeed faded but there are no other visible changes. I do think they crinkle a lot more, just as if you're wearing a plastic bag. An improvement for me, but I doubt it will be appreciated by the intended audience.

bambinod said:
I tried a bag of tena awhile ago and although most features were great they had hilariously short standing leak guards. (like 1/2") I wanted to use them for my daytime wear to work but part of the job description involves keeping the boys from rubbing a rash in my inner thighs, and so proper leak guards are a requirement, so these weren't usable. (I also didn't like how much unpadded plastic they had in the front and back)

Have they changed?

Leak guards still very short and the padding is the same. I don’t find either of these things a functional issue but do like the look of high leak guards.

tafkadl said:
I recently ordered Tena active fit plus. The blue print has indeed faded but there are no other visible changes. I do think they crinkle a lot more, just as if you're wearing a plastic bag. An improvement for me, but I doubt it will be appreciated by the intended audience.

There is another slight change which is the width of the front wings has reduced slightly thus making them more trim fitting. This was just before the fading of the writing though, they still had the same packaging but the logo on the tapes changed but not on the writing.

Last edited:
Back