Temporary Incontinence?

LuvsIdaho

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
Has there ever been anyone who has encountered temporary urinary and/or fecal incontinence before? Doesn't seem to be a topic of its own here, so here's one to expand upon...

Back in 1998, I bought my first house (with my ex and kids). It was a nightmare of a summer because I was working 90 hours per week PLUS moving from one place to another PLUS being Dad PLUS making loads of small renovations to update the new place. That week, I was forced by stress into diapers 24/7 as the stress was affecting everything: extreme cramps out of nowhere and bowel-voiding, wetting while asleep. It was 3 months of hell, but it fixed itself by September. Made me wonder why anyone would want to make themselves incontinent.

Just an opinion for those who want to become so: why? Having lived the totally-incontinent life for over 90 days myself and wearing disposable diapers 24/7, Desitin, a diaper bag everywhere I went, fighting to remain discreet, severely-curtailed social calls and so on, why would anyone want to go from a perfectly-working body and voluntary control to 24/7 diapers for life? I know several people who are non-choice incontinent and have to wear 24/7 and their take is that they'd rather not have to...but there they are.

Not trying to cause division or anything, but it makes no sense. Quoteth Disney's The Prince and the Frog, "You got what you wanted, but you lost what you had". Sure seems too high a price to pay.

Missy1

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy, Little, Incontinent
Temp IC can defenetly occur from al cinds of different reasons incl High Negative stress. And to be diagnosed with actual Medical IC i believe you must have had sed symptoms and problems i think 6 month straight

I agree and i for one do whatever i can to inform those that actually dream of becoming IC and get to wear this diapers and IC pants and al the rest 24 /7 thats its NOT even close as enjoyable and i wouldn't wish this living nightmare on my worst enemy :frown:

What more to ad then WELL spoken and welkome to us Medically IC world & in my situation for the rest of my life :frown:

I would go with be careful what you wish for as you might get it :frown:

srmousse

Est. Contributor
I struggle with bed wetting. It ebbs and flows, so to speak. Sometimes I'm a week or two between accidents, sometimes its every night. I'm generally fine during the day, but for the last couple weeks, I'm feeling like I need to pee all the time, so I have ended up not making it to the toilet when the actual need to pee hits. This is the third time in the last 5 or 6 years it's happened to me. The last two times, it lasted a few weeks and resolved on it's own. A simple pull-up is enough to protect me from a visible mess as it's just a small amount of leakage. I suppose if I just kept hoping to the bathroom I might be able to get away without, but Id rather just wear and be safe.

I'm curious if anyone has experienced anything like that before. I went to the Dr the last time, he ran a few tests but they were inconclusive and I got the sense he didn't care at all... In the end it cleared up and I quit persuing an answer.

I'm hoping it will just clear up again. My best guess is stress... It's pretty heavy right now and was then too.

Missy1

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy, Little, Incontinent
I would say its the stress as well based on youre description and that you say youre self its very mush stress now as well .So as i see it either cut down on the stress or get used to a life in diapers dear

Slomo

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Incontinent
Has there ever been anyone who has encountered temporary urinary and/or fecal incontinence before? Doesn't seem to be a topic of its own here, so here's one to expand upon...

Back in 1998, I bought my first house (with my ex and kids). It was a nightmare of a summer because I was working 90 hours per week PLUS moving from one place to another PLUS being Dad PLUS making loads of small renovations to update the new place. That week, I was forced by stress into diapers 24/7 as the stress was affecting everything: extreme cramps out of nowhere and bowel-voiding, wetting while asleep. It was 3 months of hell, but it fixed itself by September. Made me wonder why anyone would want to make themselves incontinent.

Just an opinion for those who want to become so: why? Having lived the totally-incontinent life for over 90 days myself and wearing disposable diapers 24/7, Desitin, a diaper bag everywhere I went, fighting to remain discreet, severely-curtailed social calls and so on, why would anyone want to go from a perfectly-working body and voluntary control to 24/7 diapers for life? I know several people who are non-choice incontinent and have to wear 24/7 and their take is that they'd rather not have to...but there they are.

Not trying to cause division or anything, but it makes no sense. Quoteth Disney's The Prince and the Frog, "You got what you wanted, but you lost what you had". Sure seems too high a price to pay.
Yeah stress is a very common cause of incontinence. Remove the stress and you'll be back to whatever your normal is.

And I AM one who always wanted to be incontinent, and AM also happy having achieved it. That is to say, being functionally urinary incontinent only. I had urge incontinece, and it sucked. I also have a light case of ibs that comes and goes (mostly because of proccessed foods and stress). And it too sucks. Especially the cramping and sudden onset of go now or have intense pain.

Nobody wants that, even if it is manageable with diapers. When we say we want to become incontinent, we mean we want to pee (and for some poop) without even having to think about it or feel it happening. It's the no-worries, automatic, type of incontinence we want.

And for what it's worth. That fighting to remain discreet and curtailed social life all due to diapers is nothing more than fear holding you back. Diapers aren't that noticable to others, and they are the thing that helps you maintain a social life- not prevent it. You also don't need to carry a diaper bag with you everywhere you go either. Just keep it in you car and grab it only when needed.

ieyasu

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I'm primarily a DL but this summer I had a severe kidney infection that turned into sepsis. What I thought was going to be a simple doctor ended up escalating into emergency surgery!

Obviously I survived but the infection & sepsis wreaked havoc on my bladder and prostate. I had extreme urge incontinence for a week (while I had a stint between the bladder and infected kidney) and lingering side affects for the next two months.

Fortunately, I have fully recovered. I love my diapers but I love having the freedom to choose when you wear them.

-Ieyasu

- - - Updated - - -

I just recalled another experience with temporary incontinence. I was on a business trip to Malaysia and Japan. I must have been exposed to something in Malaysia that after the incubation period caused me to get severe flu-like symptoms.

For nearly four days I wasn't able to leave the hotel room other than to visit the local doctor. The diarrhea was bad enough that often I wasn't able to make it from the bed to the toilet in time. I was so grateful that I had decided to bring diapers on that trip because I almost did not.

-Ieyasu

rennecfox

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Diaperfur, Incontinent
Stress, something in your diet, something overloading your body to such a degree it effects lots of your faculties.

Timmy53

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent
I struggle with bed wetting. It ebbs and flows, so to speak. Sometimes I'm a week or two between accidents, sometimes its every night. I'm generally fine during the day, but for the last couple weeks, I'm feeling like I need to pee all the time, so I have ended up not making it to the toilet when the actual need to pee hits. This is the third time in the last 5 or 6 years it's happened to me. The last two times, it lasted a few weeks and resolved on it's own. A simple pull-up is enough to protect me from a visible mess as it's just a small amount of leakage. I suppose if I just kept hoping to the bathroom I might be able to get away without, but Id rather just wear and be safe.

I'm curious if anyone has experienced anything like that before. I went to the Dr the last time, he ran a few tests but they were inconclusive and I got the sense he didn't care at all... In the end it cleared up and I quit persuing an answer.

I'm hoping it will just clear up again. My best guess is stress... It's pretty heavy right now and was then too.
I'm experiencing something very similar. I started bed wetting over a year ago. In the last month or two, I have also started leaking and had a few incidents where I significantly wet my pull-up. My doc seems similar to yours as well, all he does is throw pills at it.

Minih

Est. Contributor
Role
I have IBS, and when it flares up faecal incontinence can be a serious problem, when my bowel's behaving itself it's normally fine. Annoyingly, the doctors have yet to find a cause or trigger for the IBS, and it can flare up without warning at any time.

Rob110

Est. Contributor
Role
Incontinent
Unfortunately some times figuring out the cause of incontinence issues is a lot of trial and error and guess work, alot of times no matter the number of test Doctors do they end up having to rely on experiences and experimentation.

in 4 years my urologists still are guessing at the cause of My OAB and ocasional bowel accidents.

Carnifex

Est. Contributor
Role
Yes it happened to me a couple times over a period of a couple months but only lasted about a week and a half at a time I went to the doctor a few times the tests they did were uncomfortable and they couldn't find any reason so I just wore my diapers and it did go away on it's own but I still wet the bed on a regular basis and I make sure to put diaper on even around the house because I still do leak some

Cappie

Contributor
Role
Little
I'm in this boat right now. I've got an appointment to go see a Neurologist but not for another 2 weeks.

About a year ago I started having an odd issue where I'd go to pick something up, and for some reason I just couldn't make my hand do what I wanted. Shake my hand for a sec and boom, all good again. But then it started happening more often, sometimes my hand, my wrist, my ankle....I got scared and so the docctor vistits and tests began. I go to an actual Neurologist in about 2 weeks, but they also suspect something else psychological so I see them on Thursday as well.

Sometimes during the day now, out of the blue and instantly my bladder will feel very full and I need to pee. When I try to stop I can't, it's like I've forgotten how to make those muscles work. The thing is it never lasts longer than 5-10 seconds after that I can control the muscles again. The problem then is...1 I've already leaked, and 2, I'm sure everyone knows how much it can hurt to try and stop yourself when your bladder is very full.

I do the typical things like watching my diet (it's already being monitored by a Nutricianist and a Dietician), exercising (never in a diaper, I'm not that brave), watching my water intake and timing it, and trying the toilet (about every hour or so). But I don't know when it's going to happen it just....does.

Then it started happening at night. At first it'd wake me up and I'd be able to stop it. But like daytime I have no clue when it's going to happen. I don't even wake up most of the time anymore.

I'm a Little and I love my diapers but this is as close as I want to become to being longterm ic, my figers are crossed whatever's causing all this can be fixed.

Cappie

Andybun

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
As mentioned in another thread I had this happening two years ago.
I started wetting the bed and daytime continence would become lower rapidly. About two weeks later I was diagnosed with sacroiliitis and the medication for the sacroiliitis put an end to my incontinence issues as well. Unfortunately, both mri and urologist appointment had been scheduled only way past the sacroiliitis and my doc never found anything in initial blood & urine tests. So I tend to believe that the temporary incontinence had been caused by the sacroiliitis in its base stadium.

surprise35

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little, Incontinent, Carer
I've also experienced temporary incontinence but in spurts not whole weeks or months. I started having bed wetting accidents last year and it was caused by stress of moving and a divorce and also drinking. While it has gotten a bit better I often wear a diaper to bed to be safe and not wake up wet. I've had a couple daytime accidents too, mostly when drinking too much coffee or liquids and not eating enough. I have moved in the last year and now need to find a new doctor where I am now to discuss this issue as I think it's get worse as time goes on.

Andybun

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I've also experienced temporary incontinence but in spurts not whole weeks or months. I started having bed wetting accidents last year and it was caused by stress of moving and a divorce and also drinking. While it has gotten a bit better I often wear a diaper to bed to be safe and not wake up wet. I've had a couple daytime accidents too, mostly when drinking too much coffee or liquids and not eating enough. I have moved in the last year and now need to find a new doctor where I am now to discuss this issue as I think it's get worse as time goes on.
Yes, I agree. I'm running more often when I do not eat enough in first place. I'm not a morning eater much so I have to force me some food in in order to not run for the loo too often later. And too much coffee makes it worse in the case.
But I also remember my temporary incontinence when it didn't really matter whether I drank water or coffee.