Telling parents

Status
Not open for further replies.

history1993

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I am 22 years old and I live at home while I go to school. I am be wearing 24/7 last couple of weeks. Should I tell my parents that I am wearing diapers?

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

First off, is there a specific reason you want to tell them?

I believe that for most people, they should not tell their parents or siblings about their desires to wear diapers. Of course there are exceptions so if you could tell us why you want to tell them, it will help us provide an answer for you.

I just don't want to be in more trouble if they caught me wearing one. I have always been up front with my parents and I guess I am also filling guilty I have been hiding it for 7 year.

If you have been hiding for 7 years what is a few more? You are not going to gain anything from telling them.

Depends upon how close physically and emotionally you are with your mother and father.
If you have been hiding it for 7 years and they don't know, then I would say don't tell them.
Telling them will likely result in your parents being worried, angry, frustrated, concerned, etc..
If they find out they will likely want to send you to a doctor, the physical or mental kind.
You are an adult and it does not matter what kind of underwear that you prefer.

Would you want your parents to come and tell you about their fetish involving a japanese schoolgirl costume, a head of lettuce, and a pair of electric eels? No? Then I suspect that they'd probably feel the same way about you telling them all about wearing diapers.

I don't mean to sound flippant, but that's the best way I can think of to get my point across. Unless you have some specific and articulable reason to tell them that has some tangible effect, it's probably best not to. It's generally the sort of thing to be kept private, not necessarily because it's shameful or anything like that, but because it's a societal norm that the details of one's kinks aren't something to share with ones parents.

I'd ask yourself what you're going to gain from telling them vs the risks. I'm sure they're understanding nice people and they'll put alittle put off, but otherwise okay with it if you told them, after all they've seen you in diapers before. But you do risk a negative reaction.

All my experiences with telling people have been luke warm to positive. I've had two girlfriends that have totally accepted this side of me without issue.

And more relating to your situation, when I lived at home I came to terms with the fact I'll always be a diaper fetishist and I really just grew out of being embarrassed about it, so I just stopped trying hard To hide anything. My diapers were kept in plain sight in my closet and i wore under clothes most of the time while I was at home.

Eventually my mother found out When I was 19 or so and it wasn't a big deal, she thought it was weird but honestly she didn't really care.

look its hard it is a difficult decision im a mummy's boy I love hugging my mum. she knows I sometimes sleep with a paci it doesn't make it any easier but in youre case you want to tell you parents thatyou wear diaper. they know nothing about our community so you can leave the sexual side out. if you do decide to tell them just tell them only what you want them to know

Str88jacketabdl said:
I'd ask yourself what you're going to gain from telling them vs the risks. I'm sure they're understanding nice people and they'll put alittle put off, but otherwise okay with it if you told them, after all they've seen you in diapers before. But you do risk a negative reaction.

All my experiences with telling people have been luke warm to positive. I've had two girlfriends that have totally accepted this side of me without issue.

And more relating to your situation, when I lived at home I came to terms with the fact I'll always be a diaper fetishist and I really just grew out of being embarrassed about it, so I just stopped trying hard To hide anything. My diapers were kept in plain sight in my closet and i wore under clothes most of the time while I was at home.

Eventually my mother found out When I was 19 or so and it wasn't a big deal, she thought it was weird but honestly she didn't really care.

My thoughts exactly. Like irnub said, unless there is something tangible that is sought from telling them, I would avoid it.

That said, if they are the ones to bring it up because they suspect/found something, then that may be your window to tell/explain things to them if you find it appropriate at the time.

I'm pretty sure that my parents know from when I was visiting home while in college. My parents came in while I was gone to put new sheets on the bed. I KNOW they were in the room, and the diapers were in plain sight in my open suitcase, so I assume that they know I wear them. That said, I've never said anything to them, and I don't see gaining anything from bringing it up.

That is a tough decision. Personally, I would never be able to "spill the beans" to my parents.
Parents should be loving and caring, so if you do decide to let them in on your secret...I hope all the very best.

I went all the way to being 22 years of age before my mom found my stuff, otherwise, I would have never divulged that I enjoyed wearing diapers. I also got my first full time job when I graduated from college at age 22. I'm assuming you'll be out on your own soon, so it would make more sense to not tell and just look forward to the time you're out on your own.

history1993 said:
I am 22 years old and I live at home while I go to school. I am be wearing 24/7 last couple of weeks. Should I tell my parents that I am wearing diapers?

No.

Depends on how you think they'll react. I'll probalby never tell mine since from then on I'd remember them knowing about it every time I mess or wet myself and I just feel that would ruin a bit of the thrill of it for me. If they ever find out, it will be from them witnessing one of my accidents rather than just going on purpose all the time.

As others have stated, this comes off as one of those things one's parents don't need to know (along with things like fetishes, masturbation habits, sex life, etc.). It might make sense to tell them about it if you get caught in diapers, but otherwise (although a "white lie" about having bladder or IBS issues could be justified in such a case, given the irrational stigma over diaper wearing), I would keep quiet about it.

I started regularly wearing diapers, discreetly, when I was in my teens. I never told my parents and lived at home with them until 21. I hid my stash from them well. I moved away to college for a year, then came back at 22 and lived at home for a little while longer after that. I decided then that it would be best to not say anything to my parents. At 22, it really isn't any of their business unless there is some real reason to let them know. I didn't want to strain my relationship with them over something that was a private lifestyle decision. It wasn't something that normally one would need to "come out of the closet" for. Also, I would advise against doing things to "accidentally" get caught by them. These things have a way of not going as planned and once the cat is out of the bag you cant put it back.

Thank you to everyone to posted. I will just keep has my little secret.

not sure how you can pull off wearing 24/7 and not have your parents know, I'd say personally if it isn't necessary I'd hold off doing it full time or talk with the one you feel more comfortable talking to.

well tell them the them how they make you fell I wouldn't say anything about the fettish side of it

they gonna find out one day aywaysn

it is from a person that had to wear them at night as a child. i would not! i know it was hard for my parent to deal with it. i spent many trips to the doctor during this years. i was able to stop only a few months but i was a total basket case during it. that when realized the diaper meant more to me then protection at night. it was never a sexual thing for me like some but more a mental need. it was a big thing to my dad that his son still wet the bed, i can't imagine how they would had handle me telling them i like them and want to wear them after i stop for that time. it was easier to just to pee the bed a few times and i was back in them. i dont think you have that option. and you should be moving out shortly so keep it to yourself and when you move out do as you want. its easier to explain when you are on your own for awhile using a medical reason if they happen to see you wearing them. saying i was to embarrassed to say anything,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back