Telling my Grandmother

GizmoInDiapers

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
Hey Ya’ll…….just wanted to get some others opinions on the matter. Im, 21, been 24/7 for over a year and Im incontinent by choice now…….my grandma practically raised me and im over at her house all the time helping her out and spending time with her, the problem I have is that I have to constantly hide my diapers when around her and switch to underwear in fear if her finding out. Since becoming incontinent thats not an option anymore, Shes super loving and whatnot but I still have a fear of embarrassment and shame if I told her I wear diapers plus I wear ABDL diapers(mostly Rearz dinosaurs) so it would make it even more so embarrassing……im positive she will be accepting if I told her but its just the initial fear of getting the courage to tell her……plenty of times staying over at her house Ive almost been caught and I possibly have Already been caught, I get lazy sometimes and leave my backpack full of diapers open on multiple occasions when she comes into the room she just never seemed to notice as far as I can tell, ive also leaked several times in bed and blamed the stains on Tea and apple juice, Ive had messy accidents in front if her a few times but I just found other things to blame and obvious diaper bulges at times but it just seems like she doesnt notice it so far……..I hate lying to her but im just terrified to tell her………..So please give me recommendations on whether I should or Should Not tell her, everyones comment and opinion in the matter is greatly valued..Thanks

LePew

Staying dry in the city of rain
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
This is a tough one, your grandma will surely be concerned for you and want you to see a doctor to get checked out. But when she finds out that you’ve made yourself incontinent, I think she’ll take that really poorly. Sometimes people make very poor life-long decisions in their early 20’s. Like tattooing up their whole face or making themselves incontinent; that’s kind of how she might take it.

Let’s wait for some more advice to roll in but I think you making yourself incontinent isn’t going to roll over well and for good reason.

As far as the ABDL diapers? Well that’s an easy one to fix if you wanted to. Just buy some incontrol diapers, they’re made by rearz and are literally the same as some printed models. I like the active airs for discrete wear and their elite hybrids which are identical to rearz barnyards. I’m in WA, USA and when I order from incontrol (Canada), they’re here in a week. They also have Tena Slip Ultima / Maxi on their site but Maxi is sold out in medium. I’ve got a case of Ultima from them and they’re damn good diapers but I’d prefer the maxi for a bit more discretion

Last edited:
Reactions: GizmoInDiapers

GizmoInDiapers

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
LePew said:
This is a tough one, your grandma will surely be concerned for you and want you to see a doctor to get checked out. But when she finds out that you’ve made yourself incontinent, I think she’ll take that really poorly. Sometimes people make very poor life-long decisions in their early 20’s. Like tattooing up their whole face or making themselves incontinent; that’s kind of how she might take it.

Let’s wait for some more advise to roll in but I think you making yourself incontinent isn’t going to roll over well and for good reason.

As far as the ABDL diapers? Well that’s an easy one to fix if you wanted to. Just buy some incontrol diapers, they’re made by rearz and are literally the same as some printed models. I like the active airs for discrete wear and their elite hybrids which are identical to rearz barnyards. I’m in WA, USA and when I order from incontrol (Canada), they’re here in a week. They also have Tena Slip Ultima / Maxi on their site but Maxi is sold out in medium. I’ve got a case of Ultima from them and they’re damn good diapers but I’d prefer the maxi for a tough more discretion
Ok, thank you for your insight, I dont plan on telling her that I made myself inco. just figured I would tell her I have accidents sometimes…..and I very much appreciate the diaper recommendation…..I just really love the dinos…..plus their easy to get and not that expensive on Amazon aswell as they arrive fast so If asked why I wear these ones I was just gonna tell her that

SparkyDog

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
GizmoInDiapers said:
Ok, thank you for your insight, I dont plan on telling her that I made myself inco. just figured I would tell her I have accidents sometimes…..and I very much appreciate the diaper recommendation…..I just really love the dinos…..plus their easy to get and not that expensive on Amazon aswell as they arrive fast so If asked why I wear these ones I was just gonna tell her that
She will take you to / make you see a dr
No grandma will just be like oh your have accidents? That's ok.

If you tell her more abdl side instead of incontinent remember you can't untell her so be prepared it might go poorly

LePew

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
She’s going to want you to see a doctor, what are you going to say?
If she asks you whether you try to make it to the bathroom and use the toilet?
If she asks you if you like wearing diapers?
If she asks you if you’re one of those adult babies she’s seen a show about?

Here’s the thing, your grandma is like one of your parents, she raised you. This isn’t like telling a friend or coworker where you can easily say “I have accidents and I’m managing it, sorry, don’t really want to talk more about it.” I mean, you can try that but I don’t think it’s a very good plan because it probably won’t end there.

Also…. The person you’re telling would have to be pretty stupid to buy that excuse for buying printed diapers. Oh you’re paying 2x more for fetish-specific diapers? Sure hun - cause they’re cute. Sure.

Last edited:

GizmoInDiapers

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
SparkyDog said:
She will take you to / make you see a dr
No grandma will just be like oh your have accidents? That's ok.

If you tell her more abdl side instead of incontinent remember you can't untell her so be prepared it might go poorly
Ok thank you, Ill keep that in mind

GizmoInDiapers

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
LePew said:
She’s going to want you to see a doctor, what are you going to say?
If she asks you whether you try to make it to the bathroom and use the toilet?
If she asks you if you like wearing diapers?
If she asks you if you’re one of those adult babies she’s seen a show about?

Here’s the thing, your grandma is like one of your parents, she raised you. This isn’t like telling a friend or coworker where you can easily say “I have accidents and I’m managing it, sorry, don’t really want to talk more about it.” I mean, you can try that but I don’t think it’s a very good plan because it probably won’t end there.

Also…. The person you’re telling would have to be pretty stupid to buy that excuse for buying printed diapers. Oh you’re paying 2x more for fetish-specific diapers? Sure hun - cause they’re cute. Sure.
Alright so in that case do I tell her I’m an ABDL instead? And im not saying your wrong about the diapers I use and the excuse I was going to use but I truly do think she will buy that

LePew

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
GizmoInDiapers said:
Alright so in that case do I tell her I’m an ABDL instead? And im not saying your wrong about the diapers I use and the excuse I was going to use but I truly do think she will buy that
It’ll be easier for her handle the initial shock if you have plain white diapers. I mean, how hard is it to get a pack or 2 of the exactly same diapers that you already wear in white from incontrol? Whether you decide to tell her that are abdl or not, plain white diapers will make it less of a shock than printed diapers. You can always transition back to printed rearz after the shock has faded or just wear plain white ones around her if you plain on being there for a bit.

Do you tell her that you’re ABDL? That is such a tough question. The benefit of doing that is that you’d be telling her the truth and wouldn’t have to hide being yourself or make excuses for it and it might make sense for her anyways - she did raise you and perhaps things from your youth will click for her.
I don’t know if she’ll take it well. I’m guessing she won’t but she might not have much of a choice in the matter. It’s your life, not hers.

GizmoInDiapers

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
LePew said:
It’ll be easier for her handle the initial shock if you have plain white diapers. I mean, how hard is it to get a pack or 2 of the exactly same diapers that you already wear in white from incontrol? Whether you decide to tell her that are abdl or not, plain white diapers will make it less of a shock than printed diapers. You can always transition back to printed rearz after the shock has faded or just wear plain white ones around her if you plain on being there for a bit.

Do you tell her that you’re ABDL? That is such a tough question. The benefit of doing that is that you’d be telling her the truth and wouldn’t have to hide being yourself or make excuses for it and it might make sense for her anyways - she did raise you and perhaps things from your youth will click for her.
I don’t know if she’ll take it well. I’m guessing she won’t but she might not have much of a choice in the matter. It’s your life, not hers.
Ok yeah, switching to white makes absolute sense then…..and yeah Id have an even tougher time telling her im an ABDL so that is a hard one……I really appreciate everything you’ve told me and the information youve given me to think about so far……please if you have any other information for me to think about on this subject just let me know

SparkyDog

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
GizmoInDiapers said:
I don't recommend it
Keep that to your self

Why does grandma need to know?

Reactions: loadedpamperman

GizmoInDiapers

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
SparkyDog said:
I don't recommend it
Keep that to your self

Why does grandma need to know?
I hate absolutely Hate lying to her, shes too sweet for that, And when Im over at her house(which is all the time) Im spending half the time worrying if my diaper is noticeable, can she hear it, hiding my diapers, can she smell me, and etc…….It would be great to not have to worry about those things when with her

SparkyDog

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
GizmoInDiapers said:
I hate absolutely Hate lying to her, shes too sweet for that, And when Im over at her house(which is all the time) Im spending half the time worrying if my diaper is noticeable, can she hear it, hiding my diapers, can she smell me, and etc…….It would be great to not have to worry about those things when with her
lying would imply she's asked you about it and you've said something other than the truth.
Not telling her isn't lying. Not everyone in your life needs to know you're ABDL
Do you share what happens in your sex life with her? Or your masturbation techniques? Not sharing that isn't lying it's just keeping your private things private.

GizmoInDiapers

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
SparkyDog said:
lying would imply she's asked you about it and you've said something other than the truth.
Not telling her isn't lying. Not everyone in your life needs to know you're ABDL
Do you share what happens in your sex life with her? Or your masturbation techniques? Not sharing that isn't lying it's just keeping your private things private.
No but Ive lied about the stains on the matress when my diaper leaked multiple times, told her I spilled sweet tea or apple juice, ive blamed my messy diaper smell on her cats aswell, I dont care about the ABDL stuff I would prefer to keep that to myself Im just talking about her knowing that I wear and use diapers….thats all

SparkyDog

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
GizmoInDiapers said:
No but Ive lied about the stains on the matress when my diaper leaked multiple times, told her I spilled sweet tea or apple juice, ive blamed my messy diaper smell on her cats aswell, I dont care about the ABDL stuff I would prefer to keep that to myself Im just talking about her knowing that I wear and use diapers….thats all
Ok if you're going to share that like we've said be prepared for her to make you / take you to the doctors

GizmoInDiapers

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
SparkyDog said:
Ok if you're going to share that like we've said be prepared for her to make you / take you to the doctors
Ok, I really appreciate your insight on the matter

SparkyDog

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
GizmoInDiapers said:
Ok, I really appreciate your insight on the matter
Give us an update on how the conversation went if you decide to share

GizmoInDiapers

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
SparkyDog said:
Give us an update on how the conversation went if you decide to share
Ok will do

BabyHailey1977

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
Here’s what I think. I’m 45 and a couple years ago I told my parents and siblings. They all don’t care, but don’t want to talk about it.

I wouldn’t tell her, basically she doesn’t need to know. Now, If she notices then I’d tell her. If she asks about a stain, tell you you had a little accident. That’s the truth, she doesn’t need to know you leaked.

If you tell her there will be a lot of awkward moments and that will monopolize your time with her instead of having fun.

Reactions: GizmoInDiapers, SparkyDog and LePew

Diapertoddler

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
The issue I see that you may run into and maybe by chance you won't is the generational Gap of mindset to what is acceptable and what's not. Us millennials live in a totally different world to what our parents and grandparents had. Keep that in mind. Nothing against them it's just how things changed and more information was available.
As for my personal experience when I opened up to my sister about my abdl side and diaper habits it was a huge relief off my mind and she was quite accepting and reassuring. I wish you the same experience if you choose to open up about your diapers.

Reactions: Saltedcaramel64 and SparkyDog

Lyric

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
GizmoInDiapers said:
I'd tell her. From how you describe your relationship with her, I think telling her will bring the two of you all the closer and the time you have together will be free of all the anxiety you have now about her finding out. She seems like someone who would be very understanding and caring. She obviously loves you.

Reactions: GizmoInDiapers and Diapertoddler