TeddyCon 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluMew

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
Hey all,

I'm really pretty shy -- for example, it took me nearly 2 years to get my EC status here. But I've been taking steps to become more comfortable with my AB/DL side. I've been talking with a personal friend of mine and with a few friends here on ADISC. I picked up a space themed paci and bought a AB/DL guidebook that one of you suggested. Thank you all for either replying to my posts here or answering my PMs even if they were likely weird or awkward.

But this past weekend was my biggest step yet. TeddyCon 2016 was this past weekend and I attended it. I didn't know if i'd like it or be weirded out by it or so introverted as to not interact with anyone -- but I had a blast! It was super fun.

I even, believe it or not, went on stage during the Pageant / Talent show. I didn't have really either a costume or talent, but I took the two minutes I had as a contestant to introduce and show off the menagerie of stuffies that I brought with me to the con! That was super fun and exciting and so memorable :)

The other awesome thing is they had a stuffie making machine. Everyone got a ticket, for free, to use at their "Build-a-Buddy" machine. They had all manner of empty unfilled 'buddies' on display that you choose from and then get filled with stuffing. I chose the white and black striped tiger. The tag named him "Snowflake", I named him "Stripes", my friend suggested "Snowstripe" I don't know which I'll end up going with. But, its an awesome take away parting gift!

Feel free to ask questions. I'm leaving a lot out because I want to keep this post a manageable size. That said, i'm absolutely going back next year and if you're in the area Philadelphia area or have the means and funds I highly encourage you to go!

They're going to entirely takeover the whole hotel next year.

BluMew said:
Hey all,

I'm really pretty shy -- for example, it took me nearly 2 years to get my EC status here. But I've been taking steps to become more comfortable with my AB/DL side. I've been talking with a personal friend of mine and with a few friends here on ADISC. I picked up a space themed paci and bought a AB/DL guidebook that one of you suggested. Thank you all for either replying to my posts here or answering my PMs even if they were likely weird or awkward.

But this past weekend was my biggest step yet. TeddyCon 2016 was this past weekend and I attended it. I didn't know if i'd like it or be weirded out by it or so introverted as to not interact with anyone -- but I had a blast! It was super fun.

I even, believe it or not, went on stage during the Pageant / Talent show. I didn't have really either a costume or talent, but I took the two minutes I had as a contestant to introduce and show off the menagerie of stuffies that I brought with me to the con! That was super fun and exciting and so memorable :)

The other awesome thing is they had a stuffie making machine. Everyone got a ticket, for free, to use at their "Build-a-Buddy" machine. They had all manner of empty unfilled 'buddies' on display that you choose from and then get filled with stuffing. I chose the white and black striped tiger. The tag named him "Snowflake", I named him "Stripes", my friend suggested "Snowstripe" I don't know which I'll end up going with. But, its an awesome take away parting gift!

Feel free to ask questions. I'm leaving a lot out because I want to keep this post a manageable size. That said, i'm absolutely going back next year and if you're in the area Philadelphia area or have the means and funds I highly encourage you to go!

They're going to entirely takeover the whole hotel next year.

Sounds awesome! Coincidental timing. I haven't actually been myself, but I just recommended going as an idea for another poster in the EC forum. I'm curious how many people you ended up meeting while you were there. Did you mostly go around the convention by yourself and check out booths and events, or did you meet some friends and do things as a group? Where'd you get food and did you eat with anyone else?

ArchieRoni said:
Sounds awesome! Coincidental timing. I haven't actually been myself, but I just recommended going as an idea for another poster in the EC forum. I'm curious how many people you ended up meeting while you were there. Did you mostly go around the convention by yourself and check out booths and events, or did you meet some friends and do things as a group? Where'd you get food and did you eat with anyone else?
Just replied in that thread :) Anyway, there were probably ~300 in attendance. I conversed with maybe around a dozen, played with probably just half that, and only exchanged info with two con attendees. Unfortunately, I didn't hear any mention of ADISC at the con :( Just FetLife.

I did go around the con mostly by myself. I would have liked to interact more with the con attendees. But for a pretty shy, introverted, and anxious person like myself I feel I did pretty well. I mean, hey I did go on stage after all! What shy, introverted, and anxious person does that? I spent a lot of time with the mega blox and participated in the building of a 15 foot skyscraper! It had to be built in two 7.5 foot portions. For RP we were wearing the construction hard hats (from the sandbox / gravel pit) and since the upper half of it was pretty unstable and kept collapsing, felt pretty appropriate. The final build went all the way to the ceiling and had a castle motif topper on top.

There weren't booths really, just in the vendor room. There was the activity room, where they had fun kid like activities. Free form coloring books, crayons, colored pencils for your self or to doodle with others. But also structured activities lead my mommies or daddies. Finger painting, shaving cream painting, modeling with clay, paper plate animals, pearler beads, etc. Then there was the play room / nursery. They had a sandbox gravel pit with tonka trucks, the aforementioned mega blox, K'nex, wooden train track set, giant sized versions of a tricycle, sit n' spin, and baby walker. They had an adult sized high chair / feeding chair, crib, play pen, ball pit, etc. They had story books (and on Sunday had a daddy that read them in a group setting).

They also had a 'classroom' where they'd have presenters. Riley Kilo, Penny Barber, Zarro Daddy, DiaperedDad, and others.

Thursday night, believe it or not, an AB/DL couple was having an at con real actual wedding (they got engaged at last years con) and everyone was invited. Friday night they had a carnival extravaganza. Everyone got 12 token (no cost) to play the carnival games. You could win candy, crayons, coloring books, stuffed animals, gift certificates, packs of diapers (your choice from ABU), or free admission to TeddyCon 2017, etc. Sno-Kones and Cotton Candy were free. Saturday night was the pageant / talent show.

Foodwise, I was actually fasting most of the con. I didn't eat with anyone else. But, i'm personally rather a picky eater myself when I do eat. I didn't feel comfortable in that respect at the con. The next con I go to I'm going to try and interact more with people.

Oh, and .... now I don't know if this was the case last year or if it will continue at next years TeddyCon, but ABU was supplying free diapers all con long. Only one at time. But you could get another one if you needed it. Or came back later. Or were leaving for the evening and wanted a fresh one to change into in the morning. It was pretty cool, they had all their brands with them Space, Little Paws, Pre-School, Simple, Cushies, SDK. So you could try all of them out. There were changing rooms with changing tables in the vendor area (with wet wipes, baby powder, plastic gloves and plastic grocery bags to wrap / dispose of diapers in). Also, everyone kept themselves clean. I never smelled any urine or poo, at all, from anyone at the con.

Con attendees were walking around short talls, rompers, dresses / outfits, sissy clothes, onesies, footie pajamas, or maybe a t-shirt and a visible diaper, etc.

I'll definitely try to be more social next year or the next con I go to. But, I absolutely still otherwise had a blast. And my "fur-ever" friend from the build-a-buddy stuffie maker is fantastic. So awesome :cloud9:

I wish teddy con came down to south florida....we get nothing down here :( :(

BrandonBabypup said:
I wish teddy con came down to south florida....we get nothing down here :( :(
Well, I traveled from Illinois to Pennsylvania to attend. You might just have to make the trip. To me it was absolutely totally worth it to make the trip.

But, I don't know what other cons exist. I've only heard about CapCon and TeddyCon really. Anyone know any other cons?

Oh, another thing before entering the con you had to choose a green or red wrist band. That was to indicate whether the two con photographers could take your picture. No cell phones, no tablets, and no cameras were / are otherwise allowed for obvious privacy reasons.

Everything at the con aside from, obviously, the vendor room was free. $90 for 4 days is quite the value. Hotel rooms are $90/night.

Sounds amazing and I wish I could've gone. Will definetly be saving up to go next year.

My only concern about going to teddyCon, is I would need help with personal care. I use diapers but can't clean myself, for example. I am comfortable hanging with other abdl's but I don't think my aides that I have today would be comfortable. I am not sure what the best thing to do in this situation

I went to teddycon, I remember you, you brought Mew and a little bird from WoW and a lot of other stuffies.

blueaudio said:
I went to teddycon, I remember you, you brought Mew and a little bird from WoW and a lot of other stuffies.
xD Yes. That was me. I was so excited and it felt so wonderful to show of my stuffies that otherwise only hang out in my room.

The con really gave me a lot of confidence about my little side. Not that I need to shove it anyones face, but that ... hey its ok that at 36 I still like stuffed animals, acting like a kid, wearing a diaper and a onesie, etc.

I'm terrible with names, though. I'm sorry if we met or played together and I don't remember / recognize you!

CPDude said:
My only concern about going to teddyCon, is I would need help with personal care. I use diapers but can't clean myself, for example. I am comfortable hanging with other abdl's but I don't think my aides that I have today would be comfortable. I am not sure what the best thing to do in this situation
Well, your care taker / aide doesn't have to attend the con. Would you be able to return to your at-con hotel room when you need personal care? Your care taker could just stay in your hotel room then.

The little birdie from WoW I showed on stage was Pepé. No relation, at all, to the frog with the same name that the alt-right appropriated for their dreck.

Pepé started as a doodle, by 3D artist Jordan Powers, to 'breath some life' a school art project. Jordan stated on his Tumblr, "I started putting him in all of my work, gave him a name, and eventually a personality. After Blizzard hired me later that year I decided that I just had to put Pepe in Warlords of Draenor. What began as a sketch in my notebook has now evolved into something much, much more. Working on this expansion has been a great honor, and I am incredibly happy to have Pepe so well received by the community. I am in awe of the fan art I’ve seen on Tumblr and the rest of the ‘net. Thank you all, it means so much to me."

Pepé started out as just an easter egg of sorts to a player's garrison in Warlords of Draenor. But players quickly became enamored with him and wanted more ways to play with, interact with, or include Pepé in their play. And so achievements, items, and quests were setup to find him 'hide n' seek' style all over World of Warcraft. Then ultimately a plushie! He was also had a cameo in the first commercial for Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft (the online TCG). It's become a thing among those who know of Pepé to find where he is perched at, where ever he is!

Kinda doubtful it would work having my aides seperate from me. I need too much care. And if I use my wheelchair for safety, I need to be pushed.

Glad you had fun ^_^ next year will be my first year going to Teddycon and will be my first AB/DL con ever. I can't wait :D

CPDude said:
Kinda doubtful it would work having my aides seperate from me. I need too much care. And if I use my wheelchair for safety, I need to be pushed.
Sorry to hear that. Are your aides unaware of your AB / DL side?

teddycon and capcon sound like so much fun i am hoping to go one day and attend these cons it would be so much fun it is on my to do list. XD

lilkayden said:
Glad you had fun ^_^ next year will be my first year going to Teddycon and will be my first AB/DL con ever. I can't wait :D
Hey, that's great to hear :D Did I help at all with the decision? I hoped that my posting of my experience would encourage others.

BluMew said:
Hey, that's great to hear :D Did I help at all with the decision? I hoped that my posting of my experience would encourage others.
x3 unfortunately no I already decided when I read that they are taking over the hotel and I wanted to be apart of that first time in history type of event xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back