Teddybears: Why are they so awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
  1. Private
I love teddybears. In actuality I would say the order of things I love when it comes to kid stuff is

Teddybears
Cute Dresses/skirts
ruffles under stuff
Diapers

While I like and enjoy other stuffed toys I have always been addicted to pudgy fluffy teddybears. My favorite cartoons always involved bears of some sort. I have a Winnie the Pooh obsession I have no shame of. When I am single I sleep with a 48 inch teddy, I am posting this with him right now! I even have a teddy bear messenger bag that comes with me on lazy days.

Teddybears have helped me through some of the roughest moments of my life so far. What is it that makes them so damned huggable? Am I alone in this? Anyone else with an unending love of teddybears/stuffed animals.

Wegs

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I love stuffed animals too. When I was around 8, I couldn't sleep with any less then about 15 stuffed animals on my bed at once. Your not alone!

Eulogy

ADISC Moderator
Staff
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
Yeah, they are pretty badass(Gotten to where I gotta be holding my bear to pass out in a reasonable amount of time)

M

Mako

*Paging Ron. Ron please report to the teddy bear topic, your expertize are needed*

I love my teddy's. My first one is with my mate in Iraq right now keeping his butt safe, and the one I have at home is REALLY big and cuddly. ^-^

Mitsukuni

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Sissy
I had a cuddly banana when I was a kid. That counts, right?
Dude. That's the shit right there, man.

Yeah, I loves my stuffies :D I especially love my puppy that has a music box in it. It was my mom's when she was a baby c:

stanley19802

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
Hello,

Can't say I am a teddy bear guy, I am more a stuffed puppy dog guy. I have both a giant puppy I have on my changing table with a diaper on, and I have a smaller puppy dog I sleep with. That's good for me.

-Stanley

spacemanBEN

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
I freaking love my teddy. Nothing else to it. Perhaps the greatest thing is that unlike humans, they'll never refuse to hug you. Yeah, that sounds a little pathetic.

babyrichard82

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Incontinent
  5. Carer
I really love my teddybear - his name is 'Scatty' and every night without fail i always drag him upto bed with me and cuddle him to sleep!

Would be much nicer to share him with a little bro or daddy though!

xxxx

teddy564339

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
Mako said:
*Paging Ron. Ron please report to the teddy bear topic, your expertize are needed*

Am I alone in this? Anyone else with an unending love of teddybears/stuffed animals.

Yes, apparently you haven't gotten to know me yet, frillyfoxy. ;)

I've had this conversation with quite a few people, and I've still yet to be able to perfectly describe what's so awesome about teddies/plushies in words yet.

The interesting thing to me is that teddy bears have crossover between *B feelings and just general people feelings. I mean, it's not uncommon at all for teenage to adult females to have plushies. I also think that my teddy is something that I can enjoy without being in AB mode, which isn't true for me for things like diapers, pacifiers, etc.

To me a teddy bear is a lot like an imaginary friend, but a little bit more concrete. It's like a pet, but without all of the cleanup, bills, and responsibility.

I think we all have the desire to want to hug/cuddle someone, whether we like to admit it or not. A lot of people find this in a partner or spouse. The problem is that that other person is an actual person...with faults, moods, issues or anything else that keeps them from being a hug/cuddle buddy any time you want.

A teddy bear, however, is ALWAYS there when you need someone to hug (unless of course you're in public or working, but come on, that's understandable). I mean, I know that my teddy bear is just an inanimate object, but like a little kid, I let myself pretend like he's a real friend. Besides, he's so so soft, furry and squeezable, so physically there's a lot of pleasure from hugging him.

But emotionally he also makes me feel good, too. It's like I told someone one time: "When you're feeling bad, a teddy bear makes you feel better. When you're feeling good, a teddy bear makes you feel awesome." It's just so nice to feel like someone's always there for you. Even if you have to use your imagination, it's nice to feel like someone understands you or has the time for your feelings.

Yes, I know that this is making me sound like I'm totally insane and unstable (and maybe I am to a certain degree ;) ), but I honestly think that's okay as long as the teddy bear feelings are kept in check (for instance, like I said earlier, I am completely aware of the fact that my teddy is merely an inanimate object that was manufactured in China back in 1986 ;) ). It's a great connection to that childlike feeling of always having a cuddly friend there for you, no matter what else is happening in your life.

Teddy bears don't die, don't leave you, don't judge you, don't get mad at you, and they don't ever refuse a hug or even a soft kiss. And that's just wonderful.

If that weren't enough, here's a great site for teddy quotes. ;)

I Love Teddies : Teddy Bear Quotes

Here are a few of my favorites. ;)

"It is most offensive to the kindly bears who've adopted us when we thoughtlessly blurt out some comment about "real" bears, or "alive" bears, as if our very real and lively bear friends weren't."
-Alla Bozarth-Campbell

"In a world where everyone seems to be larger and louder than yourself, it is very comforting to have a small, quiet companion."
-Peter Gray

"Bears sleep by day. At night they stay awake to chase away bad dreams."
-Jesse O'Neil

"When everyone else has let you down, there's always Ted."
-Clara Ortega

And the best:

"There's just something about a Teddy Bear that's impossible to explain. When you hold one in your arms, you get a feeling of love, comfort and security. It's almost supernatural."
-James Ownby

Role
  1. Private
A teddy bear, however, is ALWAYS there when you need someone to hug (unless of course you're in public or working, but come on, that's understandable).

That is why I have my stuffed teddybear messenger bag! He is a bag and a companion!

When I first moved to the city I was alone and exceedingly anxious. I have pretty bad social anxiety (well generalized anxiety in general) that was hard to keep in check. The anxiety of being the tard with a bear bag was far lower than the piece of mind carrying him brought. Plus being in a big liberal city guaranteed that I was still far from the strangest looking person walking down the street at any given time. Not even in the to 50%. Plus his brown goes well with my brief bag...

AbsoluteBedlam

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Other
I had all but forgotten how awesome cuddling a plushie could be until my girlfriend and I got our own place and her stuffed animals became our stuffed animals. Until then I had been living a teddy free life and boy was I missing out. Stuffed animals do what you want to do when you want to do it and don't criticize if you don't want to use them. Perhaps its just my (our judging by previous posts) overactive imagination that gives them life but yes, plushies are awesome.

Also, I found this when searching google just now: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plushophile. Didn't know that there was a recognized and established term.

angelabauer

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
The best thing is not all "Teddy Bears" need to be actual bears.

For example, Eukie Koala has been my constant bedtime companion since he adopted me during my 12th birthday party. When I left home for a university dorm my sister Missy crocheted him his blue sweater. Eukie loves it and has never confessed to Missy that his family lived in Hall's Gap in the Grampian Mountains between Melbourne and Adelaide, so he was used to spending winter in snow. Eukie does not mind that in Australia his species is commonly called oala bears. He likes to claim he is a closer relative of the wombats, although some scientists disagree.

Attached is one of Eukie's favorite photos with me.

To prove I do not discriminate against actual bears. Mr. Big Blue Bear adopted me a few years ago. This is one of his favorite photos.

Attachments

• a210#11.jpg
    a210#11.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 160
  • a217#08.jpg
    a217#08.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 159
F

Falkio

I just recieved my bear in the mail.

Teddy bears are always nice to have. Especially ones from your childhood. I enjoy sleeping with mine, and if I don't have to get up early, it has a place right beside me.​

Sometimes I wonder if that bothers my cat, who incidentally, used to sleep there. :smile:

Role
  1. Private
The best thing is not all "Teddy Bears" need to be actual bears.

For example, Eukie Koala has been my constant bedtime companion since he adopted me during my 12th birthday party. When I left home for a university dorm my sister Missy crocheted him his blue sweater. Eukie loves it and has never confessed to Missy that his family lived in Hall's Gap in the Grampian Mountains between Melbourne and Adelaide, so he was used to spending winter in snow. Eukie does not mind that in Australia his species is commonly called oala bears. He likes to claim he is a closer relative of the wombats, although some scientists disagree.

Attached is one of Eukie's favorite photos with me.

To prove I do not discriminate against actual bears. Mr. Big Blue Bear adopted me a few years ago. This is one of his favorite photos.

Koalas are pretty awesome. I grew up during the the Koala invasion that hit kids cartoons thanks to Japan exporting all their animation in the 80's. Australia gifted Japan some Koalas for the tokyo zoo so for a few years everyone was doing Koala cartoons, Little Koala being the most kick ass!

Eeyore is awesome too!. I used to have jumbo toys of all the main winnie the pooh characters. My mother was a horrible influence (most awesome influence) so she bought me awesome Pooh stuff even through high school.

Role
  1. Private
Eukie does not mind that in America his species is commonly called Koala bears.

Fixed.

In Australia we know that Koala's aren't bears. It's usually foreigners who call them bears. :glare: Sorry, I get a little peeved over that point.

Koalas are pretty awesome. I grew up during the the Koala invasion that hit kids cartoons thanks to Japan exporting all their animation in the 80's. Australia gifted Japan some Koalas for the tokyo zoo so for a few years everyone was doing Koala cartoons, Little Koala being the most kick ass!

On that note, you wouldn't believe the amount of Australian-native animal themed cartoons we used to get here, or shows that included at least one Australian animal. That's on top of the fact you can buy Aussie animal plushies practically anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.