Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Sissy
  5. Incontinent
  6. Other
does any one here like to take apart stuff and use it for other things... well i do i love to use what ever technology i can get my hands on then once tired of it i would make it into something else. for instance this summer i went to a yard sale and bought an old r2d2 toy and a broken RC car, i took apart the r2d2 and hollowed it out the used my dremill for making necessary cuts. then i took apart the RC car and made a controller unit i used an old vex controller as my board then un-soldiered and used the motors and the led's for my r2d2 i then hooked up my HD cam and added it to the main light on the top of r2 and though it looked like crap i had a working autonomous r2d2 unit that also worked with the vex transmitter and any spectrum unit. i would love to hear of any stories that any of you may have that has to do with mechatronics and robotics or technology in general. also i looking for an idea for my next big build if any one has anything to suggest and i build it i maybe could post a video or pics if its allowed.

Justtrytoguess

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I like your story. It sounds exactly like something I would do. Every time I see something, broken or otherwise, I always find myself thinking about how else it could be used. When I was younger, I would take everything apart to see how it worked. I have a large box of many different parts that I have pilfered from different things to use in projects.

Nam Repaid

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I've been tearing stuff apart to see how it works and putting it together in new ways since I was two. I'm 53 now and you would not beleave the collection I have. Tinkering is a skill that has sevved me well through the years.

G

Greencat5

Well I have an incredible knack for fixing things, so I can take things apart, and always put it back together correctly. I suppose I probably could do that... If only I had the parts.

BoundCoder

nnember
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
  3. Private
I used to take components off boards, put them back on, then see if the thing still worked when I was learning to solder. Really good practice!

I don't specifically seek stuff out to destroy, but if I'm throwing out old gear I tend to rip it apart (why the heck not.. ). I also tend to keep things like stepper motors, transformers, and led displays.

LilByte

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
I use to take every thing apart, but now I mostly just do programming. However after reading your post I want to take apart my old r2d2 and see what true toys are inside it lol.
Something I'd really love to build would be a hologram. I've heard people making their own, but that its complex and parts are usually expensive and delicate. I have no idea where to even get plans for such a device though, it would be an epic achievement to build.

Star579

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
  5. Other
I love to take things apart, however I only do it to things that are broken/need fixing because I'm scared that I'll break it.

whitefox

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Other
I've always thought it sounded like an interesting hobby, but I could never figure out how to get anything to work after I had taken it apart. The most I ever did build was a complete circuit on a circuit board that had a light and a switch on it. That was in some technology class in high school.

Sitherus

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Sissy
  5. Incontinent
  6. Other
I don't specifically seek stuff out to destroy, but if I'm throwing out old gear I tend to rip it apart (why the heck not.. ). I also tend to keep things like stepper motors, transformers, and led displays.

I use to take every thing apart, but now I mostly just do programming.

i dont look for things to take apart but i always keep my eyes open for new projects or ideas for projects, like recently i made the tv-b-gone from make magazine but i didnt spend money on those parts i had them already and i program too i programed the chip and added som parts to make it look better like leds that light from red to yellow to green to show when i found the right code. and made a cool case out of it if you guys like i could post some ideas that you could do provided you have the parts...

Status
Not open for further replies.