Technician Outside?

Status
Not open for further replies.

diaperedteenager

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Okay, I am getting a little freaked out! This AT&T technician has been out side of my house for about an hour and he already serviced us. I think he is steaking out the house for us to leave and then rob us. Should I call AT&T and tell them recall this guy, or should I call the police? Regardless, I have my bayonet in hand ready in case this guy trys to storm my house.

But seriously, what should I do?

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
if the guy really is a AT&T tech and actually preformed real work the odds of him waiting to rob your house are pretty slim. Like Darkfinn said go out and ask the guy what he is doing if he's already finished work on your lines.

He's more likely to tap your lines then trying to rob you. :p

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Jackass, if you think someone is doing something outside your house you don't post that fact to an internet forum. YOU CALL THE POLICE. Or, if like me you think you are billy badass you get your gun and go ask him what he is doing exactly. But I would just CALL THE POLICE.

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Oh, shit, you caught me, DT! Did I fix everything in the house? Good. Now I'm going to stand out here and type to you on this forum just before I slip in and rob you of all your stuff!

No, he's not there to rob you. If he was, he wouldn't be so damned obvious about it. He's probably doing some manner of follow-up work.

thewiseguy7

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Private
Hes probably filling out reports so that AT&T can bill you for more than is needed to pay for the job they did.

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Any time your a suspicious of a service worker showing up, call the provider and ask if they sent someone out. It's a common scam (though mostly within corporations) to send out phony service people, because people will let them inside, or such, and then do something shady when the people are not watching. If AT&T really sent him, then like was mentioned, it's pretty unlikely he's out to rob your house (even if he wanted to, that would be a pretty stupid move!).

briefboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I think you're making too much of this, put the weapon down, take a moment to calm down, and then observe what he's doing. If it truly looks "shady" then call AT&T or the police.

bgi39jsjw0ggg

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
If the guy isn't leaving, take down the license plate # of his van and ask to see his company ID (in that order). Call AT&T's 1-800 number and have them confirm that this guy is who he claims to be. There's nothing wrong with a little healthy paranoia.

As the saying goes, trust but verify.

CarKid

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Other
  4. Private
Okay, I am getting a little freaked out! This AT&T technician has been out side of my house for about an hour and he already serviced us. I think he is steaking out the house for us to leave and then rob us. Should I call AT&T and tell them recall this guy, or should I call the police? Regardless, I have my bayonet in hand ready in case this guy trys to storm my house.

Can I get some dramma, oh some drama!

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
That's nothing! I caught some old couple taking their dog for a walk through my backyard because they "thought it was a park". Yea, right!

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
  2. Other
That's nothing! I caught some old couple taking their dog for a walk through my backyard because they "thought it was a park". Yea, right!

Role
  1. Private

Well?

Did you kill him and slice him up like the "steak" that he is (loved reading that, by the way), or did you do something else?

bobbyjeff

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Calm down, that shit be makin you paranoid yo!

Seriously, there is about a 99.99% chance that there was nothing going on other than a phone tech chilling in his van. I work for a large telephone company, and its a very common practice for a technician to just chill in their van while they do any of a number of things. He could be filling out the records reports for the work he just performed; there are massive databases, and customer drawings, and physical plant maps that all have to be updated any time there is even a minor change in the network. Another possibility is that he did not have another job to go to yet. The van is their office, and if they don't have a pressing task to complete they will hang out and check email while they wait for the dispatching office to give them a new task. It wastes gas to drive back to the home office unless it is needed, so we encourage our guys to stay put sometimes if we think there might be something else coming down the pipe later that day in the area. A third option could be that he was taking lunch. As I previously mentioned, the van is their office. It is very common for our guys to pull across the street into a shady spot after a job to eat their lunch and listen to the radio or read a book for their lunch hour.

Nothing harmed by his presence I hope? In the future, if you truly are concerned about the activities of a phone truck, write down the van # that will be printed obviously on the back of almost all telco vans, and call the 1.800.# that will also be there. The local manager will be on the radio within minutes of your call to check up on him. No harm done.

WoXxY

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Incontinent
Unless your last name is Montana, I don't think they're watching you.

Time to sweep for bugs! :D
Got much to hide? Hmmmm?

Status
Not open for further replies.