Taping issues with the confi dry 24/7s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warmness

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
After sleeping 2 nights in a confi dry 24/7 diapers, both nights the taping on the right side came undone in the morning, i never have this issue with abena M4's does anyone else have issues with the tapping coming undone? if so how do you avoid that from happening?

My taping issues with the 24/7 are when I use the secondary retape they tend to pop loose.

When you tape, make sure you 'rub it in' to get good adhesion; After I started doing this I never had a tape pop again.

The shell on the 247's is lightly textured, I think that's why they require a good firm rub on after sticking down? yeah, had that problem myself a few times. Watch out for diapers with slightly textured shells that don't have retape panels....

That is why I changed to Bellissimos.

Yeah, I'm not crazy about the tabs either. I managed to get them to stick, but the secondary tabs are definitely finicky.

I'm sure you know that any powder or creams that you use and get transferred to the tabs or landing zones will reduce the effectiveness of the tapes.

Clear packing tape or duck tape on tabs will prevent the pop offs, and if using cream or powder wear a glove when applying to insure none is on your hands when you tape up, I get bad tapes every now and again and have generally found tapping over the tapes that are affected in the rest of that bag is helpfull just as precaution .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

a little bit of duck tape should resolve the issue. packing tape will work but i find it easier to use duck tape as i can rip it to size vs having to use scissors to cut packing tape. a diaper cover or even a pair of white briefs over the diaper can help prevent leaks and hold the tapes on nice and secure as well.
surprisingly with my most recent case of the dry24/7s the tapes worked without an issue but i had a high rate of pinhole leaks from the sap crystals poking holes in the plastic barrier.

like others said, rub the tapes in. I very rarely have a tape pop since I started this.

Also while a snug fit is ideal, if you know you move around a lot in your sleep and stress the tapes, try going just a little bit looser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back