Tapes moving and hurting you?

Swollover88

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Does anyone ever experience the tape tabs on diapers partially moving off the diaper, and hurting the skin they touch? Is there a way to prevent that?

I take a few seconds and rub down the tapes warming them up a bit. This seams to seal them to the diaper a bit better and keeps them from moving.

Reactions: Deleted member 41919
Angle your bottom tapes upwards

Swollover88 said:
Does anyone ever experience the tape tabs on diapers partially moving off the diaper, and hurting the skin they touch? Is there a way to prevent that?
I learned to put the tapes where they are just above the bend of my leg when making sure there is the plastic to be a bit under the tapes, then I hold the tape, one by one and pull the leaf of the diaper, (The "Wing") out to the edge of my leg/body to straighten it. The same for each side. It also depends on what brand you use. And what size. There are many different cuts that companies make, so it's best to sample, try and see. You can also clip the tapes' corners off if they scratch, or consider a different size or company. It also depends on WHAT diaper you're using. Some come velcro, others tape regularly. Someone had a good point making the tapes point upwards. True. But it has to do with the dimensions of your body and comfort.

Last edited:
Reactions: KrankyPants
Swollover88 said:
I have that issue with both velcro and adhesive tapes. With the velcro, on say the Little Builders which I used to wear to work, the lower tapes would frequently "pop" (release) and slide back and down a bit and re-grab, but the lower corner of the tape would be off the diaper and start poking me in the thigh, which was maddeningly irritating until I could nip off to the bathroom to fix it.

On some adhesive tape diapers, I run into problems where the wing below the lower tape creeps up and folds up under the front wing, eventually getting to the tape, and keeps going, and starts pulling away from the tape at the root, exposing the adhesive to my skin. This can also be extremely irritating, especially if you're not in a position to "make an emergency adjustment".

Thanks for all your advice, guys. I may try that angle the lower tapes thing.

You could also try having the back of the diaper sit higher so the tapes sit above/land above the bend/crease in your legs

My Fiance/Mommy does all my diaper changes. She does the bottom tapes first and she angles them upwards. Then she angles the top tapes downward. I have never had an issue with the tapes tabs rubbing on my legs.

Thanks for those other suggestions, guys.

What I have found out is that the trick for avoiding the tapes to loosen, is to make sure they are placed in a way that makes the legs move freely, I suggest it should not be tightened too firmly , as to allow For some natural movements when walking. Another trick is to have The hand over the tapes and apply pressure for a little while, as warming up the glue seems to give some strength. Another thing I suggest is to position them after your size. Is the diaper too big, the tapes should point to he middle of the diaper to tighten up (top tapes diagonally downward, and upward at the bottom) and the opposite way for the tapes should it be a bit to small to give more room.
and naturally, going a little up in quality, I experience that there is stronger adhesive used from the factory can give you more attempts before the glue gives up. the premium diapers also seems to be easier to re-adjust at least twice before that happens. And off course, try out some more adjusting until once you discover the best fit for exactly your anatomy. make Sure the leak guards are stretched out entirely At both sides of the middle of the diaper. just mentioning this as that is easy to forget
I can safely say that the first time I tried, fastening had to be redone at least 5 times before it held itself Correctly, but as soon as I found out, it works out good For that specific brand. as our body is uniquely built, the design preferred can vary from person to person, so ordering a few of each brand until that perfect one is found can be recommended warmly.

I write this based on my experience as adult baby and hope I managed to explain it decently, but trying out a few things is often he simpler way to find ou of it.

Last edited:
Back