Tape of choice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Hey there. over many years or diapering, all of with obtaining diapers purchased in stores and not on-line, I've grown accustomed to taping over the crappy tapes that come on them to insure a tight fit that will not loosen. I've used several tapes including electrical, duct, ect. but i have found for me what seems to work best. I use clear hockey tape. not only is it clear ( duct tape looks ugly) but it holds as good if not better, and even works to re-enforce the hook loop fasteners on the tena supers i get. so, what kind of tapes do you all use on your diapers?

Gingy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
Hockey tape.... Sounds expensive as it would most likely be sold in a sporting goods store... Is it?

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
well i haven't bought it in years being that i no longer play hockey but my brother buys it by the case, from The World's Highest Quality Hockey Tape!. I don't believe it's costs much and most likely is only available in sporting goods stores and at pro shops in ice rinks. The stuff really works amazing. It looks like one inch wide scotch tape but its got the same amount of stretch as electrical tape, but is ten times as thick and twenty times as sticky and sticks to fabric very well, being that it's supposed to be used on the outside of hockey socks, and on shin guards. I usually steal a roll here or there from my bro. i cant imagine a roll being over three to five bux tho.

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I use duct tape. In my earlier days I'd get colored duct tape, though I mostly go with the standard gray stuff now. However, the Dry 24/7 tapes are good enough that generally I have no need for it. Basically, the only time I use it is when one of my tapes pops off first.

F

Falkio

Packing tape can work wonders if things are coming loose. We have tons of it for shipping purposes, so supply is never an issue. Duct tape fixes everything of course, so I'd reccomend that as well. Just don't use too much or it becomes a pain to undo. >.<

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
If I have to re-enforce the tapes on a diaper, I'm switching to another brand.

footedpajamas

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I've always used medical or nurcing tape.... It's clear, but with little bumps, and sticks very well on diapers.

skinnypuppy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I have used clear duct tape, a type which tears easily. Packing tape is hard for me to get off a piece the right size, specially when I'm holding the diaper up with one hand and trying to separate a piece of tape with the other.

The hockey tape, being only an inch wide, sounds so much easier to use. I'll have to give a look for that stuff.......thanx for the lead.

barkd74

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
99% of the time I just use the tapes that are on the diaper. The only time I use tape is if I put on a previously warn, but not used diaper and the tape don't stick well. In that case my choice is white gaffers tape.

S

secretdl26

For modifying Goodnites (in order to fit one over another) I usually use clear packing tape. It tears fairly well for quick use, and holds really well. Plus I have a lot of it in my house already.

melancollie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
i just use the ATN tapes. they haven't unhooked on me unless i was masturbating. they hold up fine, and i can refasten them once after i've worn for a while, but usually when my diaper is sagging that low, it's time for a change

E

Elli

I used to use micropore surgical tape because it's white and easy to tear, but that didn't work very well at all. Double-sided tape works brilliantly though. Double-sided tape is approx. the right width for the length of the average sized nappy tape. I just cut a piece off the roll, stick it to the underside of the nappy tape (the side that has lost its stickiness), peel off the backing, then use the nappy tape again as it was. There's no visible sign of the modification and it sticks so well that it's hard to pull back off.

NinjaRider

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
Never thought of clear hockey tape before, and I used to play hockey. That would work excellent, and you are correct it is pretty cheap

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I've used clear packaging tape a few times. I usually put it on the front of the diaper first (like a tape landing zone) to help the tapes stick. I will not use or buy the horribly over-priced printed tapes though. I have used on Abena's in the past since their tapes tend to come off in the middle of the night on me.

Cole

angelabauer

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
In the early 1980s when I was a university pre-law under grad the campus store sold sticky tape in dispensers on the same section as the Attends disposables. I am not sure if that tape was intended only to reinforce the tapes on the diapers. I also do not remember buying any. I never had tape failure with Attends then.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
packing tape or ducttape, whichever I have at hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.