• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Swim diaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ch3stersGhost

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Anyone ever buy any of the swim diapers? I think it would be loads of fun to go in a pool with a swim diaper on. The only thing is, you'd have to wear a swimsuit on top just in case you saw anyone you knew lulul. I'm just wondering how well they work, for when I move out of my parents home. I've been tempted to try them and put them on my wish list. What do you think? Oh, and I don't know how wide I am around the waist. Are tape measures pretty accurate in judging waist length or are there better methods?

Last edited:

bob111

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I never tried them, but from what I understand, swim diapers are not absorbant. They just collect fecal mathers and let the pee flow out.

E

Elli

I've not tried a swim nappy.

But as for waist measurement, either use a soft (fabric type) tape measure, or use a piece of string to measure your waist, then hold the string against another sort of measure, such as a metal tape measure or a paper one from IKEA!! :p Also, if you already have nappies that fit well, yu could measure those perhaps.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
I have two swim diapers.

The first one is a pull-on from Gabbys in Canada. It's kinda cute...

The second is a velcro-on from DTO that I ordered through XP Medical.

It is interesting to go to a pool or the beach with a swim diaper on... but I always wear trunks over it to avoid attracting unwanted attention.

The guys are right... swim diapers aren't meant to absorb urine... only fecal matter. I haven't seen a diaper yet that works when submerged in water.

Wegs

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I never tried them, but from what I understand, swim diapers are not absorbant. They just collect fecal mathers and let the pee flow out.
That's why they work.

regular diapers would swell up with water if you were to swim in them. It would make it heavier and hard to swim. Swim diapers are meant to release urine. That's why there is always so much chlorine in public pools.

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur
I didn't know they made swim nappies for adults :p

But anyway, nah, I haven't tried, and I don't really want to either.

barkd74

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover

But as for waist measurement, either use a soft (fabric type) tape measure, or use a piece of string to measure your waist, then hold the string against another sort of measure, such as a metal tape measure or a paper one from IKEA!! :p Also, if you already have nappies that fit well, yu could measure those perhaps.
Or just look at you pant or underwear size.

S

secretdl26

I have seen a few types of swim diapers for adults with incontinence only, however I have never seen disposable swim diapers in adult sizes.

I wouldn't want to try these, mainly because when I'm in a pool I would never think of wanting to be in a diaper, but also because of the impracticality of the situation.

Good luck to you though if you try it!

Here's one link: Special needs swim diaper, Adult swim diaper | My Pool Pal

CVS91

Est. Contributor
Role
Other

But anyway, nah, I haven't tried, and I don't really want to either.

-cringe-

Something just doesn't sound right about that word.

Gil

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Swim diapers are useless. Even if they hold fecal matter, the bacteria from the feces contaminates the surrounding water, not to mention pee just flows right through.

Keep the damn baby out of the pool.

Wegs

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Swim diapers are useless. Even if they hold fecal matter, the bacteria from the feces contaminates the surrounding water, not to mention pee just flows right through.

I'm pretty sure swim diaperes are designed to keep bacteria in. Also, pools are chlorinated for a reason. Regular diapers would probably let the pee out anyway, and wouldn't hold feces in well.

S

soren456

I sure agree with that.

And I'd extend it to the mentally challenged adults for whom larger sizes are made. Bowel movements are reasonably predictable; if a challenged teen or adult hasn't had his yet today, don't put him into the pool until he has.

Otherwise, you're introducing raw sewage.

Slycamer

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I have two swim diapers.

The first one is a pull-on from Gabbys in Canada. It's kinda cute...

The second is a velcro-on from DTO that I ordered through XP Medical.

It is interesting to go to a pool or the beach with a swim diaper on... but I always wear trunks over it to avoid attracting unwanted attention.

The guys are right... swim diapers aren't meant to absorb urine... only fecal matter. I haven't seen a diaper yet that works when submerged in water.
are me and dark finn the only ones jease.

i have a small 28 inch or less waist and i can fit in little swimmers. and it is cool but wear trunks and don't try to go in little swimmers beacuse it will probably come out or stink like hell.

Gil

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I'm pretty sure swim diaperes are designed to keep bacteria in. Also, pools are chlorinated for a reason. Regular diapers would probably let the pee out anyway, and wouldn't hold feces in well.
If something you can SEE (urine) is able to leak through, then surely something you CAN'T (bactera) is able to as well.

Wegs

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
If something you can SEE (urine) is able to leak through, then surely something you CAN'T (bactera) is able to as well.
Swim Diapers - LoveToKnow Swimsuits

As a matter of fact, it's a good idea to use these diapers every time your child swims. Why?

Swim diapers are specially made to stand up to total immersion in water without bloating the way standard diapers do. Water passes through the material, so no soggy mess.
A well fitted pool diaper will prevent baby's stool from leaking into the water, and will trap over 95 percent of the accompanying E. coli bacteria from ever reaching the water. This means higher water quality for all swimmers.

Gil

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Swim Diapers - LoveToKnow Swimsuits

As a matter of fact, it's a good idea to use these diapers every time your child swims. Why?

Swim diapers are specially made to stand up to total immersion in water without bloating the way standard diapers do. Water passes through the material, so no soggy mess.
A well fitted pool diaper will prevent baby's stool from leaking into the water, and will trap over 95 percent of the accompanying E. coli bacteria from ever reaching the water. This means higher water quality for all swimmers.
I disagree with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.