Sweeney Todd:The Demon of Fleet Street

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FullMetal

I think i am going to see it this weekend, I have been so swamped I couldn't go yet.

FullMetal

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
my god. that movie was such pwnage. see it NOW!

i think i've fallen in love with helena bonham carter. ._.

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
I saw it a week and a bit ago and I liked it. The first thing I thought of when I was Johnny Depp done up like that was 'Edward Scissorhands' ...lol. It's a musical and the songs are decent, and it has a good story. The one thing I can say against it is that it was a little more gory than it needed to be. Of course, this *was* a Tim Burton movie, so some dark gore was expected.

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
I saw it a week and a bit ago and I liked it. The first thing I thought of when I was Johnny Depp done up like that was 'Edward Scissorhands' ...lol. It's a musical and the songs are decent, and it has a good story. The one thing I can say against it is that it was a little more gory than it needed to be. Of course, this *was* a Tim Burton movie, so some dark gore was expected.
Same here. I think the song scene where he's singing while giving people shaves (the closest they ever had) was gratuitous.

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
I'll probably wait for it to come out on DVD since the nearest theatre seems to be half-way across the bloody city! :( That 'n I've no one to go with anyway.

But I sooooo wanna see it...Johnny Depp and Tim Burton...who can resist such a combination?

Role
Diaper Lover
I will not lie, that I saw some of the scenes of the original musical, but when I saw the movie...I WAS BLOWN AWAY! Johnny Depp can sing, along with many other actors (which prooves that even though singers can't be actors, actors can be singers), and play a wonderful Sweeney Todd!

The music was also good, and gave off a dark and comedic vibe along with the story. Plus, unlike the musical, so many people die by so many unlikely deaths. The ending was truly gothic and I left the theater, emotionally excited.

Some of the things I would have changed was the excessive use of blood and the openly vulgur scenes, but then again, this is Tim Burton, so it will be dark.

I say you should go and see it! It's a true musical masterpeice! :-D

010Daniel010

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Oh man, what a phenomenal movie... I came home and downloaded the soundtrack that night. It was an excellent movie to see with friends, the various yelps throughout the movie from the girls in the group were hilarious :p

The only thing that bugged me was Ms. Lovette's death. It was just so cold blooded...

Attachments

Silverwing

Contributor
As a fan of the play I thought it was amazing. Though I was dissipointed that some of the songs were left out.

Status
Not open for further replies.