Sweating... is there any way to prevent it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
Curiousity question really, anyone can answer. =D

I love my diapers, and it's my own little relaxation and calming thing to get away from it all when I'm not at work or college or anything else like that.

I wear plastic backed Abri Form X plus, which are GREAT for multiple floodings, but I just have one problem now - sweating, and general moisture. Even if I haven't used them, if I stay in them for an extended period of time, I will start getting uncomfortable and sweaty. I love wetting them, but... after being in them like that, it's just downright uncomfortable. I just wanna get out of them and it stops being fun.

Any advise? Any way to stop the sweating?

DLGrif

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I'd suggest trying the AirPlus type, though I haven't touched them myself. I don't know what else you can do, but I find it also helps, when I have a private moment, to unzip, hook my fingers under the leakguards and kind of pull it up and down for air. Helps get ventilation under there. Might work for you.

caydey

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Other
Gotta second that Epicpie. Baby powder is the way forward. :p

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
I tend to wear a lot less during the height of summer, when it's too hot to wear diapers (or any type of clothing really). Being in a sweaty diaper is very uncomfortable, and filling half of the diaper's absorbent material with sweat rather than pee is pointless and less fun.

Peachy

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur
If the baby powder doesn't work just buy breathable diapers instead.

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
As has already been pointed out...try baby powder.

Use a baby powder made of cornstarch with aloe & vitamin e for best results. It helps to absorb the moisture of the sweat, and also helps to prevent rash (diaper rash or heat rash).

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
Powder can help with it some... but honestly sweating just comes with the territory. You wear thick diapers... it's hot out... you are going to sweat. I sweat a lot... but I've gotten used to it... so it doesn't bother me.

If you want to sweat less... try a thinner diaper.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Stay out of hot places? I don't have a problem, so I couldn't say from experience...But baby powder sounds like it would work...Wear brighter clothes when you're out, because dark colored clothes will attract the heat/light...

doubledbbw

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I know that you seem to wear only disposables. This time of year I wear a cloth diaper and snap on plastic pants(except for bed time). Sometimes I will leave one or more snaps undone for better ventilation around my diaper area. Also sweating is a mute point when you wet in your diaper. And again I use powder too when wearing my diapers.:smile:

Factus_Dimentio

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Other
If anybody figures out a way, I'd like to hear it too. Summer is not the time for sleeping in diapers. It gets hot at night and the sweat causes it to feel irritating against my skin. Major bummer too, because usually I can't force myself to sleep all night in it if it gets too irritating. Usually, I just paw off in it and throw it out if I start to sweat, because I would end up taking it off anyway...

One thing I have figured out is that if I wear it more loosely, I sweat less - granted, it's still irritating, but not as much.

Another thing is to sleep under very very light covers... comforters are a nono if diapered in the summer.

Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent
Take a (good) absorbent paper towel, fold it in half, and slide it between the diaper and your skin. "Pat" the sweaty bits if you need to, then replace it with a new one.

Pull your diaper out, and "fan" yourself with it by moving it back and forth. It gets plenty of air down there.

You can also try one of those little hand-held fans. Just be careful where you hold it, no one wants to hear about *that* accident! :)

joeblow

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Thick plastic backed diapers have the sweating downside. I avoid excessive sweat moisture by using lots of baby powder and ensuring that I change into a fresh diaper sooner rather than later in hot weather.

Role
Incontinent
I've had the same problem so bad the the point of getting a really bad rash. I couldn't wear any disposables without that happening. So I had to switch to cloth. That was the best thing I've ever done. I also HAVE to wear, 24/7/365 because I'm completely incontinent, so the sweating problem was just too much. And powder only slowed the problem, it didn't eliminate it.
The only thing I could suggest if you can't get any relief any other way, is to switch to cloth. It's expensive, and you would then have laundry to do on top of it. But to me, it was worth it.

Ace

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
One thing I've found is that the non-plastic backed disposables generally help out a bit with the sweating. Pullup style ones seem to breathe a bit better and keep thing's cooler down there. There's also a few cloth style briefs that are OK to wear when its warm. The prevail brand seem to be mostly cloth covered now and from what i've found there at least as good as the plastic backed depends, though they do stay cooler.

Status
Not open for further replies.