survivle horrer games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gamebaby

dose any one here play any survivle horrer games. most the ones i play are resident evil but wondering if any one knows any good ones to try

baconbit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
This doesn't belong in off topic it should be in computer and games but no i do not.

Neonite

Tinyflower Bouquet // 🌂🌸🌼💮🌙
Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little, Other
Bah. I scoff at Resident Evil! Who needs all those frivolous weapons to survive?

The only one I've ever really played so far is Clock Tower. It's just you, the mansion, and the people trying to kill you! >D

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Resident Evil isn't a real survival horror game. Go play something like Call of Cthulhu and you'll see what I mean.

Sickness

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
SILENT HILL Play them all! The 4th one sort of sucked but 1-3 are superb and have some of the best in game storytelling I have ever been able to find. The camera and combat aren't that great but the tone, atmosphere, ambiance, story, graphics everything is great.

G

gamebaby

hard hill

its kind of harder than most games tho the puzles drive me crazy last time i played.:bf-ninja:

Sawaa

Est. Contributor
Role
Sissy
Agreed, Sickness.
Silent Hill *defines* Survival Horror. Have you played Origins, yet? Omg <3

Deltaomega

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Silent Hill 2 is the best out of the series by far.

Try FEAR, not creepy as in monsters creepy but just the atmosphere creepy. It plays with your mind and does a REAL good job doing that especially if you got headphones on.

Sickness

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Agreed, Sickness.
Silent Hill *defines* Survival Horror. Have you played Origins, yet? Omg <3
Don't own a PSP nor can I find a working emulator :(. Of course I heard it had 2 features I find...unbecoming of a Silent Hill game. Well make that 3.
  • Not made by Team Silent. WTF!!!!:eek:
  • The transition things. Where you can go where you want between the two demonic worlds. Takes away the sense that the real enemy was the town... and Alessa, but mainly the town.
  • Weapon degradation. This was only good in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
I also heard the protagonist had no reason to be in the town, so no motivation or sympathy you can feel towards him. Making it in my mind pointless. But who knows if I can find a emulator I will give it a whirl. I am a huge Silent Hill fan. Even made my own Silent Hill inspired map for Garry's Mod. I also was a team member in Green Frequency or Silent Hill Ascension...which unfortunately bit the dust.

Also for the above poster that thought the puzzles were hard. Yeah they are. But I love them. Makes you actually have to think. And in any case you can just jump on gamefaqs. I have to say its the only game that made me scared when I first played it.

Sawaa

Est. Contributor
Role
Sissy
You won't find a PSP emulator XD It's coming out on PS2 though, also.

Yes, it's not made by Team Silent; but neither is SH5. Still, don't look at it as a negative - it doesn't take away from the game at all.
The transition via mirrors is integral to the story. The fact that he's NOT supposed to be in the town is WHY he's granted this gift. Weapon degradation is well paced and works really nicely, too.
And finally, you find out what's happening to involve him in the first 10 minutes of play. Remember Alessa being burned alive; but surviving? Travis is the reason she survives. So technically, he's the cause of the whole thing. It's AMAZING.

ScubaSteve

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Resident Evil 4 is teh greatest. But I guess that turned more into an action game and less of the survival horror. There is still Survival and Horror but some CRAZY action! and less puzzle solving.

Sickness

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
You won't find a PSP emulator XD It's coming out on PS2 though, also.

Yes, it's not made by Team Silent; but neither is SH5. Still, don't look at it as a negative - it doesn't take away from the game at all.
The transition via mirrors is integral to the story. The fact that he's NOT supposed to be in the town is WHY he's granted this gift. Weapon degradation is well paced and works really nicely, too.
And finally, you find out what's happening to involve him in the first 10 minutes of play. Remember Alessa being burned alive; but surviving? Travis is the reason she survives. So technically, he's the cause of the whole thing. It's AMAZING.
Sweet I just saw it was on PS2. Im going and getting it tomorrow. Hopefully the gamestop page isnt lying to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.