Surviving Thanksgiving

KimbaFoxNatsume

Pokemon Trainer in, err, Training... Pants
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
Not only did the day turn from something to look forward to to something to get through when my aunt insisted on coming to dinner, it became even worse when she announced over the phone that she thinks she has a cold.

Seeing that I am desperately trying to avoid falling ill before my vacation, I have pretty much no choice but to eat at a separate table and don a face mask afterwards.

Well, hopefully everyone else's Thanksgiving is less... contagious? than mine.

28 Kids
9 Dogs
8 Parents
7 brothers
None of us are contagious thx god that would be a nitemare
Texas TG.jpg

Reactions: RebeliousBrat
I have to deal with 0 humans . Teddy is good company for Thanksgiving .

In a couple hours, I can eat some of this pumpkin pie 🥧

Had dinner with my son, his family and daughter-in-law's family. There may have be close to 20 people and it was fun.

Just me, Mrs. Maxx and her brother.

I'm probably in trouble, but I took a stand yesterday against too much food. I didn't touch any of the Thanksgiving feast. Instead, I made myself a salad with red peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, and a little bitof ham for flavor. Had to walk to the store after her brother left to get the veggies. (I won't drive somewhere within walking or biking distance unless I need the cargo capacity) Take inventory of your leftovers: I guarantee 95% of it is oversalted starch and fat.

Subtle hints over previous weeks were ignored. "I hate Thanksgiving" "Don't buy so much, it's only the two of us" "Stop. The fridge and freezer are already full" "Don't stock up. Let the store carry the inventory" "What if our power goes out? It will all spoil". Mrs. Maxx came from a big family and never got over it.

Maybe when she has to toss 15lbs of leftovers in a few days she'll start to get the idea?

Backstory: I have little resistance to food. If too much is put in front of me, I will eat it. If I had ventured into the kitchen and taken a bite, I would have gone too far. That's just how I am. That wasn't a big problem when was training at an elite level. Going out and burning 5000 calories was no big deal. Age and used up body parts have put a kink in that. I still work out quite a bit, but bad ankles limit running, bad shoulder limits swimming. Cycling is still OK, but this time of year weather and slick surfaces mean more time on the trainer in the basement. Any more than a couple hours indoors on a bike trainer will turn you into a psychokiller.

We’re doing a late thanksgiving dinner today, unfortunately my husband can’t join us because he needs to work so I’ll be going to my uncles house with my parents. I brought my stuffie Babar for support, he’s hiding in my purse right now. But I have to deal with my fathers road rage fueled driving, nagging questions from extended family, missing my husband, and my family pestering me about why my husband doesn’t have a “real” job. Ugh. Today is going to suck

On the Today show this morning, they announced that today is Brown Friday, based on all that Thanksgiving food that will be flushed away in millions of American toilets. Hmmmm......yummy.

• Haha
Reactions: LilxFawn
dogboy said:
On the Today show this morning, they announced that today is Brown Friday, based on all that Thanksgiving food that will be flushed away in millions of American toilets. Hmmmm......yummy.
So they think people are just holding it until Thanksgiving? Seems like we're using toilets most other days, too.

for Thanksgiving morning we were supposed to go to church for Thanksgiving feast for afternoon but last minute I had an IBS attack. so I had to take some very strong anti spasm medication that put me out for a few hours. So my family had to go without me. And I of course fell asleep because I was medicated. When I woke up they came through the door and it was time for me to wake up is 3 hours later. Earlier the night before I Crock-Pot a 7 pound turkey. And this morning it look like it was ready but I put it on low for the rest of the day until it hit around 6 o clock. We ate more turkey lots of pie, and went to bed.

I'm sorry that a lot of you had a negative Thanksgiving experience. Sometimes holidays can be rough for many of us. I'm not looking forward to Christmas as to I am getting a divorce soon so that's why I'm not looking forward to Christmas.

Sorry to here about your divorce, but it sounds like it will be best for you?? Hope i understood that correctly. sorry you missed your thanksgiving service, we had a very nice small service Wed. eve, not a lot of people bu very nice, and had pie and coffee afterwords, which is always fun to visit. I like how you have such a positive attitude about everything, sounds like you would be fun to hang out with!!!

dogboy said:

Oh well, like the saying goes, s#!+ happens.😉

ARBBB2 said:
Sorry to here about your divorce, but it sounds like it will be best for you?? Hope i understood that correctly. sorry you missed your thanksgiving service, we had a very nice small service Wed. eve, not a lot of people bu very nice, and had pie and coffee afterwords, which is always fun to visit. I like how you have such a positive attitude about everything, sounds like you would be fun to hang out with!!!
Thank you so much it has been a very confusing situation and I'm doing the best I can to make the correct decisions and sticking with my decision. I have a lot of fear and concern about a lot of things at the moment. I just don't want to mess up because if I messed up I'm practically screwed. So that's why I have such big fear at the moment. My pastor this morning spoke to me and my husband don't let fear steer you places. He is right. So we had counseling session this morning we're hoping we could just build trust as being good parents for our daughter.

On a lighter note almost all the pie is gone. Lol I have been eating out of a tub of buttercream frosting😋 and I will be attending Sunday service tomorrow. Hubby me and my daughter attend service and after service the children go to Sunday school and the adults attend Bible study with either the Vicar or pastor. That doctrine I believe in is a Lutheran doctrine that's why we have a vicar and a pastor ☺️. I'm glad to have a good church to go to special at times like these.

Thank you I do try to be as positive as possible it's definitely a challenge should I do my best. Just got to dwell in the spirit to stay up there. I've been distracted so much lately I'm just hoping I can dwell in the spirit even more than ever. It would be beneficial for someone like me to be able to follow using the holy spirit.

You sound like a very kind person and I appreciate you thinking that I'm a fun person. I can be a fun person and I make people laugh a lot I was told. It is too bad we can't hang out I have way too much going on so I can hang out with anybody not even my local friends. But I guess when you're busy you're mine can't wander as much. One of God's protection and blessings perhaps. 🥀

i find that when i am in lots of stressful times, i lean much more on God and my spiritual beliefs, i am also luthern and do and am very involved at the church, but when things are going good and after months of doing good i start to believe that i am doing it and my faith gets harder to keep strong, so for me stressful times can also be a real blessing!!! i will be praying for you, i have always had feelings of being an abdl that God didnt love me and it was the devils fault, but now i do know that i am saved by grace alone, and the best thing i can do is stay positve and be an upstanding positive person, and share His love!!! You feel at my gut level to be a very similar person, i am also known for my great sense of humor, have a great evening and a great day tomorrow!

off that path what state are you in? i am in central minnesota

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: RebeliousBrat
I'm not ready to share locations yet.
I hope that's ok👍
But I will tell you I'm a Wisconsin synod Lutheran.

Reactions: ARBBB2
thats fine i was asking basically state, not city by any means, please ask me or talk to me will respond asap , sometimes its hours before i am back on computer, its out in my bodyshop.

how is the wisconsin synod different from ellc in minn. sorry for my mis-spelling and not capital letters, hate to type, two fingers typing and slow besides!

wish i could releive some of your fears and pain you are having, if talking helps please talk away, we could go to a private site if you want?

MaxxH said:
I have little resistance to food. If too much is put in front of me, I will eat it.

I can relate. I used to be quite overweight, but managed to get into a state of reasonable health (diet/exercise/etc). Years later I still make a pretty serious effort to avoid keeping junkfood around because if it is there I'll eat it. It'll never occur to me to go out and buy a chocolate bar, but stick a box of leftover Halloween candy on the table and I'll grab a piece every time I walk by.

Holidays can definitely be a bit of a challenge. Thanksgiving wasn't bad for me because turkey on it's own is pretty healthy, and family had no objection to throwing some extra veggies in for my sake. Not going to claim I didn't still go for some of the stuffing and gravy, but it wasn't a disaster.

Christmas is the bad one. My families Christmas dinner is the same deal as Thanksgiving, but its the Christmas baking that kills me. I'm a sucker for fruitcake and pies and all that, and some combination of childhood Christmas nostalgia and the cold weather just drives me towards the stuff. While I was actually losing the weight I did manage to (mostly) resist the stuff. These days while I try to avoid going totally overboard, I let myself indulge for a few weeks around Christmas, then put the brakes on shortly after new years and hit the gym a bit harder for awhile.

I probably gain a few pounds over winter in general, but seem to lose it in the summer and have maintained a generally consistent weight for several years.

I also adopt the same "walk or jog everywhere you can" concept, and purposefully buy food in small amounts. I hate exercise for the sake of it, so this at least gives me a thin excuse to jog to the grocery store and back.

are you a just a little or do you diaper once in a while, i assume you can't talk since you stopped at 5:00 pm
talk to you tomorrow after church??

My Thanksgiving Day Holiday was a good one.
My brother took me over to Chester, NH to have Thanksgiving Dinner with his friends.

Back