• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Survey #2 Drawing To A Close

Status
Not open for further replies.

BitterGrey

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur, Other
I'd like to thank everyone who has completed the AB/DL survey #2, "Diapers and More". If you haven't completed it yet, there is still a little time.

Based on how much we've learned from Survey #1, I have high expectations for the results of #2:

* The AB/DL community forms a continuum between AB and DL, as opposed to having only ABs and DLs.

* Cultural developments, such as Stonewall and the Internet, have measurably affected the views AB/DLs.

*No AB/DL women reported wanting to be mommies.

* AB/DLs who were in diapers late aren't that different than those of us who weren't, and wanted to get back into them.

* Only 2% of AB/DLs report trauma being a cause of their desires.

In a few weeks, I'll take down #2 and open up #3. #3 will focus on some general practices. I'll announce it then.

Last edited:
A

Asher

Those are some really interesting statistics, BitterGrey. I'm rather surprised that only 2% reported their desires were caused by trauma; for some reason, I always thought it would be more than that. Thanks for sharing this with us. : )

- Asher

Role
Private
I'd like to thank everyone who has completed the AB/DL survey #2, "Diapers and More". If you haven't completed it yet, there is still a little time.

Based on how much we've learned from Survey #1, I have high expectations for the results of #2:

* The AB/DL community forms a continuum between AB and DL, as opposed to having only ABs and DLs.

* Cultural developments, such as Stonewall and the Internet, have measurably affected the views AB/DLs.

*No AB/DL women reported wanting to be mommies.

* AB/DLs who were in diapers late aren't that different than those of us who weren't, and wanted to get back into them.

* Only 2% of AB/DLs report trauma being a cause of their desires.

In a few weeks, I'll take down #2 and open up #3. #3 will focus on some general practices. I'll announce it then.
Malformed link. This one should work.

BitterGrey

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur, Other
I'm rather surprised that only 2% reported their desires were caused by trauma; for some reason, I always thought it would be more than that.
As causes go, trauma is dramatic, intuitive, and removes any guilt the AB/DL might have about his or her condition. As a result, discussions about causes will overemphasize it, as opposed to giving fair weight to many other explanations. My hunch is that there is a plurality or range of causes. The results aren't the same, so why should we expect the causes to be?

Of course, a plurality of causes limits the usefulness of statistics. We can't say that abuse never causes infantilism. A higher percentage would be expected if there was a generally causal relationship, but more complicated relationships could explain the numbers.

However, we can say that the vast majority of AB/DLs do not report abuse being the cause of their desires.

Malformed link. This one should work.
Thanks. It was a copy and paste error. I think it is fixed now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nicky

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
The location I'm at is currently blocking whichever website the survey is located at. But, if there is any other way I can take it (email, PM), I'd love to take part.

Status
Not open for further replies.