Suppose, your diaper is full. What do you do? (My Embarassing diaper story)

Pokogirl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Suppose, your diaper is full. It has become heavy & bulky and is on the verge of leaking. But you feel like you can pee some more. What do you do?

Do you hold your pee & change into a new diaper. Or do you just let go despite the risk of leaking?
Why do you do so?

I faced a similar kind of situation just recently. I was out with some of my friends to a restaurant. I might have drank too much juice before coming. So, I was already feeling the need to wet. I didn't make a scene & just calmly started peeing in my diaper while eating. I could feel that my diaper had become full & I could also feel the wetness. But I wasn't done peeing. I knew wetting anymore would cause leaks. So, I tried holding. But it was getting uncomfortable & a bit awkward for me. I secretly checked under my skirt with my hand and found that the pee had already reached to my underwear & a part of it was wet. My friends didn't notice anything though.

I excused myself and went to the toilet only to find it occupied. Adding more fire to the problem, I noticed that I had left my bag ( that has polythenes for disposing my diaper & also spare diapers ) in my friends car. I had limited choices. Go pick up my bag and change into another diaper to pee. Or empty my bladder in my current diaper. I chose the later option.

At first, I thought I would hold until the person inside was done. But she was taking too long. Unfortunately, there was only one stall. I even considered going to the male toilets. Finally, I couldn't hold any more & started letting out until my bladder was empty. As my diaper was already full, it leaked as expected and left a small puddle in front of the bathroom. Just a little while later, the bathroom door opened and a little girl ( around 8 years ) came out and ran past. What was she doing for so long??? She ran over the small puddle & almost slipped. I stood in front of the mirror and acted like I was fixing my bangs. Then when it was clear I entered the stall and took off the diaper and tossed it into the bin inside the stall. I noticed that another puddle had also formed in front of the mirror where I stood.

This is in fact one of the most embarrassing moments I had to go through in my entire life. I also had to wear the wet underwear all day.

I now think whether things would go better if I just went to go get the spare diaper and peed in it. What do you think? What would you have done in this situation? Also, to avoid this kind of situations in the future what should I do? Give me tips. Share if you have any similar experiences & how you tackled it.

• Love
Reactions: rdadvb59
You had a a true dilemma. The choice you took didn't work out because of the wait for the bathroom. Sounds like at least you didn't wet your outer clothes much which would have been more embarrassing. Life sometimes gives us these moments.

What I try to do is always try to plan ahead, think about what my day will be like and what precautions I should take. I am not incontinent but have frequent urination and cannot hold for long. Before I discovered diapers I would need to know where all the bathrooms were located. When in a car I would have a container to pee in (only a guy option). I would have many strategies for finding a secluded place, sometimes between cars (again only a guy option but I have known women with no shame to hitch up and do the same).

I do worry that I will run out of diapers or forget to take one. The unexpected does happen and then the dilemmas come up. I once locked my keys in the truck and wound up having to buy a full bag of diapers at a drug store(real cheapies) and carry them around as they didn't have a bag big enough.

In retrospect they are all adventures, and the embarrassment fades.

Reactions: Pokogirl
Sorry to hear you had a rough night, probably not what you were wanting to happen, but its good to hear that no one saw anything or discovered anything. I would have done the same thing that you had done!!!

Personally, I don't mind a full diaper when I am alone and at home, but when I am out in public I start getting nervous when my diaper is about 35% utilized!!! I would have changed into a new diaper once I hit 50% wet (for me thats about 2 or 3 wettings).

Sounds like a rough night. Atleast you probably got away without even the little girl knowing but I understand that it still must have been quite stressfull. Hope the food atleast was good and you had fun with your friends up until this x.x

As for the future, kinda hard to prevent this since you hedl it for as long as you could. Just make sure to bring your bag! >.<

Isle said:
I am not incontinent but have frequent urination and cannot hold for long.
Me too. I have the same situation.
Before I discovered diapers I would need to know where all the bathrooms were located. When in a car I would have a container to pee in (only a guy option). I would have many strategies for finding a secluded place, sometimes between cars (again only a guy option but I have known women with no shame to hitch up and do the same).
Well... I too have the area surveyed & I know where the bathrooms are & where I can change. Usually all restaurants & shopping malls have toilets and I have been using them mainly for changing. I also know where the public toilets are. I'm a woman. So, I don't have the options you have said. I remember going in a bush/roadside when I was really young. Even then it was too embarassing. I would rather stay in a wet diaper then change between two cars. It's far more risky.
In retrospect they are all adventures, and the embarrassment fades.
Idk. I'm so embarrassed I could die right now

neophyte said:
Personally, I don't mind a full diaper when I am alone and at home, but when I am out in public I start getting nervous when my diaper is about 35% utilized!!! I would have changed into a new diaper once I hit 50% wet (for me thats about 2 or 3 wettings).
I personally think, changing before 90-100% use is a waste of a diaper. Being 24/7, I have to make sure I get the full use of the diaper before changing. Otherwise, it would just increase my cost.

Adiba said:
I personally think, changing before 90-100% use is a waste of a diaper. Being 24/7, I have to make sure I get the full use of the diaper before changing. Otherwise, it would just increase my cost.
If that's how you're approaching it, I think you have to expect you will have leaks, particularly out in the world. Maximum capacity on a diaper is situational and theoretical. When you have good experience with a given diaper and conditions, you can make reasonable estimates but if you want to avoid leaks, you need to be conservative rather than pushing that envelope.

To answer your original question: I'd have changed or held it. I can wait a long time but if I really needed to go, I'd know that a saturated diaper wasn't going to hold it and it would be time for a change without question.

Reactions: tiny and Pokogirl
I avoid leaks at all cost.
I mostly leak in small dribbles with occasional larger flows but its rarely a full bladder release. I usually change when the diaper is pretty wet but not saturated. The reason is to prevent situations such as what you unfortunately experienced.
If you face a similar circumstance in the future, maybe you can let a little out and hope to eliminate the rest in the toilet.

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen and Pokogirl
Trevor said:
If that's how you're approaching it, I think you have to expect you will have leaks, particularly out in the world. Maximum capacity on a diaper is situational and theoretical. When you have good experience with a given diaper and conditions, you can make reasonable estimates but if you want to avoid leaks, you need to be conservative rather than pushing that envelope.
I understand. I should probably also start looking for something more absorbent.

scaifester said:
I avoid leaks at all cost.
I mostly leak in small dribbles with occasional larger flows but its rarely a full bladder release. I usually change when the diaper is pretty wet but not saturated. The reason is to prevent situations such as what you unfortunately experienced.
If you face a similar circumstance in the future, maybe you can let a little out and hope to eliminate the rest in the toilet.
I would like to avoid leaks too. But when I start to pee, it's really difficult to stop or hold sometimes.

If my diaper is full, heavy and bulky and I need to pee again AND I am home. I would probably step into the shower or bathtub and finish peeing. Then stay that way for a while as I do like a full diaper. Then change.

Otherwise I would have already gone home or changed. That is, if I am out, I wouldn't let my diaper get that full in the first place.

I realize that circumstance can change in unexpected ways. Fortunately for me, I haven't been in this type of situation.

Reactions: Silversnell and Pokogirl
Not quite the same but it's a little embarrassing I got off work early and I was really sleepy and I really needed to change my diaper my dad was asleep so I changed my diaper and laid on the couch for a few minutes and woke up a few hours later in only a diaper my dad was awake by then he knows that I am wearing diapers even helps me when I need to get more but I don't try to show my diaper off so I was kinda embarrassed because I am pretty sure he Saw me wearing nothing but a wet diaper

• Sad
BabyDenise said:
If my diaper is full, heavy and bulky and I need to pee again AND I am home. I would probably step into the shower or bathtub and finish peeing. Then stay that way for a while as I do like a full diaper. Then change.

Otherwise I would have already gone home or changed. That is, if I am out, I wouldn't let my diaper get that full in the first place.

I realize that circumstance can change in unexpected ways. Fortunately for me, I haven't been in this type of situation.
I'm the same as you. I too like staying in a full diaper and often stay in it for a while when I'm at home. But when outside I try hold until I'm sure that I have a place to change. I know it's risky to let my diaper get full while outside. I usually find myself a place to change before it comes to that point. Then I empty my bladder in the diaper then change or pee the rest in the toilet depending on my mood . But as you said it doesn't always work out. And yesterday was one of those days for me.

I tend to change before I get over saturated, usually around the 50 to 60 mark I have learned the hard way (leaked and created my own puddle) it may cost a bit more but having dry pants and the peace of mind that my diaper will do its job is worth the extra cost of an extra diaper once in a while.

Carnifex said:
Not quite the same but it's a little embarrassing I got off work early and I was really sleepy and I really needed to change my diaper my dad was asleep so I changed my diaper and laid on the couch for a few minutes and woke up a few hours later in only a diaper my dad was awake by then he knows that I am wearing diapers even helps me when I need to get more but I don't try to show my diaper off so I was kinda embarrassed because I am pretty sure he Saw me wearing nothing but a wet diaper
I'm sorry to hear you had an embarrassing moment like that. I know how it feels. My parents know that I wear diapers. But I still don't openly wear around them and keep my diapers hidden. It's far too embarassing to be seen by them in a diaper or with a diaper. I also don't dispose my used diapers in the trash instead keep them locked up so that they cannot find it. But sometimes it just cannot be helped...

There was a "most embarrassing leak" thread here a week or two ago, and yours would have ranked fairly high. Glad you coped as well as you did and powered through it. What's that phrase? That which doesn't kill us makes us stronger?

I don't tend to hold, period, so likely would have let go. (I did hold at work a couple weeks ago when I noticed a sensation that felt like a leak, but that was perhaps more of a reflex. I ultimately did leak a little, but it stayed inside my plastic pants.) If my diaper was already pretty wet, I probably would have used the time between ordering and the food arriving as my changing time. If I'm wearing my traditional day diaper, I try to change roughly every 5 hours even if it's not soaked to avoid smelling funny. Are you "out" to your friends enough that it wouldn't have seemed weird for you to retrieve your bag? That's one scenario I have yet to cross.

depends4me said:
Are you "out" to your friends enough that it wouldn't have seemed weird for you to retrieve your bag? That's one scenario I have yet to cross.
They don't know that I wear diapers. If I did go to retrieve my bag, I had to give them some excuse why I was in such a hurry when I can go get it after we were done eating. Without a valid excuse it would probably seem weird.

I assume maybe your friend doesn't know you wear? I mean, for whatever reason you need diapers. I'm asking because if your friend knew, you'd be able to step out and your bag.

Personally, i'd carry my bag if they didn't know. Now in this situation, i'd probably use a toilet (the horror!) and then change.

Last edited:
Back