• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cen Aeonis

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Characters I will definitely be using and/or trying regularly:

- Sheik (mastered using him/her/it, actually)
- Ike
- Sonic
- Lucario
- Ganondorf

As for everyone else, I'll mark it down as a "perhaps." I'm a little made, however, that they took the PoR version of Ike instead of the RD version. Vanguard Ike > Lord Ike, in my opinion. But it's not a very big complaint, really...just would've been a nice touch to see him in all his armored, kick-ass glory.

And I'm not sure whatsoever about the validity of this, as I've heard it from a few sources that were very vague on the matter, but was wave-dashing/wave-shining/wave-everything-else and all of the other timing-based move enhancement removed from Brawl? Because, if it was, I'm jumping for joy right now.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
I think you guys need to get your brains examined. Pichu is strong? WTF is wrong with you?

Up tilt, neutral air, up air, back air, and neutral A (along with back throw) and the only moves that DON'T hurt Pichu itself; and juggling along does not usually make a character.

Among those other moves, there are a few good ones; Thunder is completely useless compared to Pikachus because all it does is rack up damage (Pichu DESPERATELY needs knockback on his moves), forward smash is his only reliable killing move, and even at that it can be smash-DI'd out of to avoid the final hit, which is the real killing move.

I hope I don't need to go on further and waste my time trying to point out the obvious to you people... Pichu was put into Melee because 1) they needed another character and 2) Sakurai did it as a joke. The only reason people play Pichu is as a joke; ie to laugh at you while you struggle to shffl your fair low enough to hit that stupid little mouse.
Hehe...
The major appeal of pichu is the fact that it is so weak! I love it, beating your friend seems cool... But beating your friend when you're playing as pichu, someone so crap that it actually hurts itself when it attacks, is a great way to embarrass someone!

Also, pichu's headbutt thingy is the strongest move on the game (when fully powered).

Plus it's so damn cute!

Ren

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Im really excited about this game.
I can't wait t get into using sheik again...but more important than anything.

ONLINE GAMING! I CHALLENGE YOU! AND YOU! AND YOU! AND YOU AND YOU! BWAHAHAHHA!
^^

baconbit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
Lucario wow
him and more i must try. I need to figure out how to unlock snake before it comes out in the u.s.
snake is awesome.

Cen Aeonis

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
From what I'm hearing, there are multiple ways to unlock characters, but I believe playing through the Subspace Emissary is the best option for it. (And I think Snake already comes unlocked.)

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Im really excited about this game.
I can't wait t get into using sheik again...but more important than anything.

ONLINE GAMING! I CHALLENGE YOU! AND YOU! AND YOU! AND YOU AND YOU! BWAHAHAHHA!
^^
Sheik <333

And you can start out directly with Zero Suit Samus, too! (Stupid idea IMO but whatever).

Cen Aeonis

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Shadow, believe it or not, is actually an assist trophy in the game.

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Never been a Sonic fan but I guess that's cool, dark characters win. =3
Yeah, I'd like to see Dark Samus in Brawl but we can't have everything, right?

baconbit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
No i have seen your starting characters snake is not one.
In order unlock able characters so far are ness and marth they are releasing unlock able characters by the amount of games there brawls to unlock is and the oder in which they are gained in the little single player things.
And i think just playing a few brawls is easiest. Set to one live jump off. It works great.

Cen Aeonis

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Mmm. You're apparently correct about Snake.

Teaches me not to trust every screenshot around the web, I guess...[sulk]

Cen Aeonis

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
...No offense, but...duh. >.> I've been keeping track of the game with that site since its launch.

Anyway...

At some point, I plan on trying out all of the characters, but I think I'll mainly come down to choosing between (in this order) Sheik, Wolf O'Donnell, and Ike. Sheik's fast and efficient, Wolf looks like he has combos built fluidly and smoothly into his moves, and Ike...just kicks serious amounts of ass.

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Nuu, Sheik, Wolf and Ike are good AND look cool. =3

I like switching characters to test their abilities, but it might take a long time with the number of available characters in Brawl... XD

Rissy

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
I wish you could play Midna as a character... I mean Midna is cool and would be fun to play with... I guess I'll just play as Peach... Silly game doesn't have enough female characters... I mean screw Falco... Why not Krystal? and I guess Diddy is alright... but then what about Dixie? Pokemon Trainer could have a girl costume... does he have a girl costume?... And like there's gotta be some female Fire Emblem protagonists...

Ren

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I can't wait for this game!
I'm jumping and bouncing all girly-like and excited cuz' it's so close!
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
*trips, blinks and resumes bouncing*
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I wish you could play Midna as a character... I mean Midna is cool and would be fun to play with... I guess I'll just play as Peach... Silly game doesn't have enough female characters... I mean screw Falco... Why not Krystal? and I guess Diddy is alright... but then what about Dixie? Pokemon Trainer could have a girl costume... does he have a girl costume?... And like there's gotta be some female Fire Emblem protagonists...
Zelda, Peach, Sheik, Samus Aran, Zero Suit Samus.

Cen Aeonis

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
When it comes out, I personally challenge everyone to a match against me.

...Seriously. I'll own all of you. >.> Just because I'm wearing a dress with a heart on it doesn't mean I'm a wuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.