Super new, could use some words of advice/encouragement

PamperedGrl12

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Hi, new to this site. I'm an abdl girl and I've just started getting into being an abdl. I wear my diapers around the house on occasion, but have started wanting to wear more. Today I wore out of the house for the first time! But how do you get over the embarrassing feeling of being diapered all the time? I'm going to try wetting soon, and I'm nervous.

• Love
Reactions: mightytoddler, leafgoalie, SebUK97 and 10 others
You’ll be fine. Is this something that you just wanted to try or have been like this for a long time and just found this site?

Reactions: PamperedGrl12, medfet878, Jorelaxed and 2 others
Hello and welcome, everyone is a bit intimidated with wearing diapers out and about the first time they do it , it gets easier and easier as time goes on and you wear more often , before you know it you don't even think about them being any different then regular underwear.

Reactions: KindaOlde, Lyric, Kayleigh and 2 others
Welcome to ADISC!

I think most of us have discovered that wearing more often tends to help dial down any embarrassment we have; eventually, we don't even think about what underwear we have on.

Enjoy your time here!

Reactions: DiapAuthor, Jorelaxed and chamberpot
Even if someone thought you might be wearing diapers, wet, or even wet and soiled, who would care? Who would say anything? Why would they say anything?

I have had a menstrual-pad/incontinence-pad fetish for my entire life, and it’s a long life. For many years — decades! — I could buy pads only by overcoming extreme shame and embarrassment. Then one day it finally occurred to me (I’m a slow leaner) that no one could know who I was buying them for. They could have been for a daughter or my wife or partner or my mother, and in any event, checkers in pharmacies and grocery stores really could not care less about what you buy. They may well be thinking about enjoying their own fetishes that they’ll be enjoying that evening or even right there in the store — they could be wearing diapers!

there’s also the fact that almost no on would assume that you are engaging in a fetish by wearing diapers, or for any other reason. Your diapers could leak and stink to high heaven and people would probably assume that you’d been ill. Very few people are even aware of fetishes. Most people are kinda, sorta aware of kink, but most believe that it’s confined to sexual positions and partnerships that aren’t “normal”.

Reactions: PamperedGrl12, medfet878, Seasonedcitizen and 1 other person
PamperedGrl12 said:
Hi, new to this site. I'm an abdl girl and I've just started getting into being an abdl. I wear my diapers around the house on occasion, but have started wanting to wear more. Today I wore out of the house for the first time! But how do you get over the embarrassing feeling of being diapered all the time? I'm going to try wetting soon, and I'm nervous.
there are no set rules to being ABDL or pretty much anything in life, because we are all different. therefore to customize this to what you like. keep an open mind to trying various things out to discover what makes you happy. the more you wear the more at easy you will become. take it slowly none of this has to be over night change unless you are IC. don't overwhelm yourself with trying to mirror others and don't allow anyone to push you beyond your comfort zone. this about discovery and expression of your little side whatever that maybe. try not to worry about what stranger might think. all of us have discovered this unless you are in people's face with it no one on the street out and about is going to know you are wearing. have fun exploring

• Love
Reactions: PamperedGrl12, medfet878, Jorelaxed and 1 other person
First off Welcome, you've come to a great place to find advice and support there is plenty to go around here.

If this is a fairly new thing for you I think the best piece of advice you can get right now is to just slow down and take your time, exploring this world is not a race, there is no need to be jumping in to every thought and whim you come across. enjoy the journey of exploration and take it a step at a time.

Mind if I ask how long you have been wearing and possibly how long you have had an interest in this?

I ask because if it is a very new thing then you have already overcome one major hurdle that most people have by wearing outside of the house, plenty of people on here would be to scared to even walk to the end of their drive in a diaper fully covered up.

As for trying wetting soon something that may help would be to sit on the toilet with a diaper on (or better yet stand in the bath/shower) and go there, this may help overcome any worries of leaking as well that being in the toilet/bathroom is a place where you pee anyway so it feels more normal. Also as you do this keep it in your mind that because of where you are you can change and clean up immediately if it doesn't feel right.

If you are still worried about it and not sure the try slowly pouring a bottle of slightly warm water in the front, it's not really the same feeling but will let you know how a wet diaper feels whilst being completely clean.

Overcoming the embarrassment/guilt/shame can take a little time, the more you do it the less it becomes until you find acceptance.

Reactions: PamperedGrl12, medfet878, Jorelaxed and 1 other person
littlemoosey said:
You’ll be fine. Is this something that you just wanted to try or have been like this for a long time and just found this site?
Been a lurker on the site a while, and I've been abdl about a year ish maybe.

Reactions: medfet878, Jorelaxed and Seasonedcitizen
No one is looking for diaper bulges. Just relax. Women have it easier in clothing choices since they can wear dresses, skirts and long tops.

when I go out on errands diapered, I pee first and put on a new diaper. I always wear plastic pants and cotton panties ( to absorb any leaks) just in case. I’ve never had any leak problems outside.

Reactions: PamperedGrl12, medfet878 and diaperdude
PamperedGrl12 said:
Grl, you are going to be just fine. You are among friends. Explore yourself. You are a beautiful person. We are here for you.

Reactions: PamperedGrl12, medfet878 and diaperdude
I was nervous the first time I wore a diaper outside of the house. I've done it many times since and now it's just another fun day.

Reactions: PamperedGrl12, medfet878, diaperdude and 2 others
PamperedGrl12 said:
Take your time! Don’t pressure yourself. The feeling of being diapered in public can be calmed by wearing clothes to accommodate. Skirts or sweats or long sweaters that cover your behind. Maybe a low capacity diaper if not put for too long. I still get that feeling in public but my clothes help me. I still limit wearing in public but starting to feel more comfortable and confident every time I do.

Reactions: PamperedGrl12, medfet878 and Jorelaxed
You got this! And this is an amazing, open community to share anything with. I’m slowly getting use to wearing in public from time to time, and I still check my surroundings at times. But just do what you feel is comfortable for you, and enjoy!

Reactions: PamperedGrl12 and Jorelaxed
Firstly, welcome to ADISC and one of the most lovely and supportive communities out there. I’m an ABDL girl who’s been into ABDL for as long as I can remember, but actively wearing/using/going out for a couple years now.
Part of lessening the embarrassment is to simply get used to wearing! The more you wear, the less awkward it’ll feel and the more comfortable you’ll be with the feeling. As others have mentioned it also helps to be in clothing that doesn’t accentuate what you have on underneath—we have a unique advantage with skirts and dresses being socially acceptable for us to wear (tho also a bit of a disadvantage with women’s clothing often being form fitting—finding a balance of looser clothing and stuff you like can take a lil time but be very helpful).
Ultimately, you’ve already gotten very helpful information and people are right—99% of people aren’t going to have any clue you wear and on the off chance someone does, they’re almost definitely not going to approach you about it (tho this could be a lil different if you’re wearing around family who may be a lil nosier, haha). As for wetting, like wearing it’s a matter of getting used to it, doing it, and learning the limits of whatever you’re wearing. Plenty of us have had leaks, but the more you wet the more prepared you are to prevent those and do so comfortably.
Best of luck!!

• Love
Reactions: PamperedGrl12, sbmccue, Jorelaxed and 2 others
Hello and welcome to ADISC!

Reactions: PamperedGrl12
Welcome to Adisc I hope you find acceptance and support as well as friendships that support your love of diapers like so many of us. I can’t really say much more that hasn’t been said only that if someone questions you…likely not but just remember it’s likely you may never see them again aside from family. I know I was an emotional wreck wearing to my first family function. But not one mention of it. It really is pretty easy to conceal. Best of luck!

Hello and welcome to the Adisc community.
You will perfectly o.k , you can do it!
The first time out in diapers is the most difficult, but after that, you won't have to worry about it anymore.

Hi! Welcome back. We are a friendly group here, I know you will feel comfortable here. Many of us wear our diapers when we go out. I have fun and feel very safe when I have diapers and plastic pants on. It's new to be able to wet my diapers when I out.

Thank you ever one so much!!!!

Reactions: lilbabyjooce, aulady and diaperdude
I find it’s pretty easy to wear a lot of the times, even out in public. Nothing wrong with it at all. I do wish I knew girls that were into abdl. Never met anyone else actually. You’ll be fine though. Just takes some getting used to if it’s new for you. What diapers have you tried so far?

Back