Super Bowl 2013-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

gigglemuffinz

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
This.. isn't a thread already? I'm sort of kind of sad about that, I mean I'm as cutesy and girly as you can get.. but.. FOOTBALL!

We are getting closer and closer to the Big Game. The Seattle Seahawks against the Denver Broncos! The 12th Man versus.. Peyton Manning! It's been a while since I was excited about a Super Bowl as much as I am for this game, but maybe because the game doesn't involve the Patriots or Giants in anyway..

Oh no, the fans of those teams are going to tell me how much I should eat dirt now.. sorry. ;-;

This should be an exciting game. Both teams are great, and very capable of putting on a great offensive or defensive show. If I had to pick someone to win, it would be the Broncos but I could see it going either way. Plus, the commercials! Everyone loves the commercials! Some people I hear in a fantasy world love the halftime show too, though I'm not one of those mythical creatures.

Plus, FOX is streaming the game online for free.. so everyone should be watching! In fact, if you don't understand football just watch this guide and you'll be ready to go!

[video=youtube;uE7qVAtNwQk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE7qVAtNwQk[/video]

Are you excited about the big game? Who are you picking to win? Are you planning on watching either way? Do you have any questions about the Big Game that the above amazing video didn't answer? Why aren't we talking about this already?!

anton

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Go Hawks! I will be rooting for my hometown team, the Seattle Seahawks. I have been a fan since the beginning in 1976 and have been to many games over that span. Saw them twice in the regular season (49ers and Saints) and watched the rest at home with a house full of family and friends. Really looking forward to the matchup!

WildThing121675

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Carer
I am a fan of the Cleveland Browns; the most pathetic team in the NFL- but I will be rooting for Denver a team that has three times kept my Browns from the promised land. Only reason is because I like Peyton Manning; I've always thought he was an awesome player and a huge talent. Plus I like how he gives back to the communities he plays for.

Should be a good game... I'll probably get some pizza on Saturday- frozen stuff- good ones- since I know pizza places will be busy on Sunday and some beer for the game and watch it on my 60inch TV with my best friend if he comes down for it or just by myself.

I always enjoy the Super Bowl!

WildThing121675

egor

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I usually do not follow the pros but this is the first time in quite a while that I am going to plan to watch the super bowl.

If I have to pick a team, I will go with the sea squawks by a field goal in the last minute.

S

Starrunner

Not a sports fan, but I was thrilled to see that Renée Fleming is supposed to sing the national anthem. World's greatest classical opera singer, IMHO. We now return you to your regularly scheduled topic of sports!

gigglemuffinz

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Not a sports fan, but I was thrilled to see that Renée Fleming is supposed to sing the national anthem. World's greatest classical opera singer, IMHO. We now return you to your regularly scheduled topic of sports!

No, that's really interesting. I encourage people to talk about this sort of thing too. I've never heard of the person you are talking about though, I'm such a ball of embarrassing right?

incontinentGM24

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I'm a little sick of the false patriotism of the national anthem before every game.
Go Seahawks!

M

Maxx

For the first time I can remember, I may not even watch the game. Rules changes, rules interpretation, subjective (=awful, questionable, mystifying....) officiating, two teams I care less than nothing about. Participants more than ever are either thugs or thug wannabes. I've pretty much had it with football. Even my Bears have devolved into something I don't recognize. Worst defense in the league? Seriously?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm a little sick of the false patriotism of the national anthem before every game.
Go Seahawks!

Wow. There's a cheap shot from nowhere. 15 yards for unsportsmanlike Mr. Lenin!

gigglemuffinz

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Go Seahawks!

I feel like it's a pretty... American thing, though they are trying to branch it out and make it more of an international thing.. that's going to be a slow process of course. So I dunno, it makes sense to me. I'm sorry that it's not something you enjoy though.

For the first time I can remember, I may not even watch the game. Rules changes, rules interpretation, subjective (=awful, questionable, mystifying....) officiating, two teams I care less than nothing about. Participants more than ever are either thugs or thug wannabes. I've pretty much had it with football. Even my Bears have devolved into something I don't recognize. Worst defense in the league? Seriously?

I'm a fan of the Tennessee Titans so I'm used to some bad really bad years, in fact we were the worst defense in the season previous to this last one and I've not enjoyed the head coach we had for a while. (I think most Tenneesee fans still really miss Jeff Fisher. :( ) Still, I do have a love for the game itself. I feel like a lot of the recent changes are made for player safety, which I do think is important. We can't just ignore the long-term injuries that players have been suffering. Still, no one can force you to enjoy anything. I hope you do something fun that day either way!

Scaramouche

Lover of Life, Singer of Songs
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
The thread wasn't started yet as we were waiting for you to come back, giggles! Yes, I will watch it as always. Regardless of the outcome, the commercials will be talked about the next day. Will that be a different thread? Go Broncos! I pray for a close game. Blowouts usually result in people, including myself, changing channels.

M

Maxx

I think most Tenneesee fans still really miss Jeff Fisher.
As do most Bear fans....

I feel like a lot of the recent changes are made for player safety, which I do think is important. We can't just ignore the long-term injuries that players have been suffering.
I'm somewhat skeptical of the lawsuits, and VERY skeptical of the rules changes. Yes, it is a dangerous and physical game, but the rules changes have turned it into figure skating without removing the risk of injury. Taking away helmets and pads would be more effective.

Still, no one can force you to enjoy anything. I hope you do something fun that day either way!
Im sure I can find something. Most likely it'll be working on the wife's car if the temps are up to a point where stuff doesn't just break off when I turn a wrench.

AEsahaettr

Diapered Oracle
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I'm somewhat skeptical of the lawsuits, and VERY skeptical of the rules changes. Yes, it is a dangerous and physical game, but the rules changes have turned it into figure skating without removing the risk of injury. Taking away helmets and pads would be more effective.

Fun fact of the day! Boxing was significantly safer before the invention of the boxing glove. Before the boxing glove, people hardly ever took hits to the head. The head is hard and bony so most hits to the head were more likely to injure your hand than hurt your opponent. Since the advent of the boxing glove, you can punch a man in the head with minimal risk to yourself. This drive the rate of traumatic brain injuries and death related to boxing way higher than it was before.

I don't disagree with your last point though. I wonder if anyone's ever done a study that compares the rate and severity of head injuries in American football versus rugby.

Dan09

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I'm a colts/saints fan, and although I know people irl that would skewer me if they heard this:

Broncos by 17.

tall2826

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
I'm a patriots fan myself but I honestly believe Denver will win the game and I want them to win too an arrogant Seattle fan made me turn against the Seahawks.

Cottontail

Sailing, sailing, ...
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
Well... I'm in Seattle. Born and raised here too, as a matter o' fact!

But! Try as I might, I've never managed to care about Football. :shrug: The team is just another corporation, and one that, as far as I'm concerned, takes a lot more from the local economy than it could ever possibly put in. I'd rather root for a company that gives me money than one that takes it from me and exports it to other parts of the country during the off season via its overpaid, mercenary, thug players who hail from seemingly everywhere but the city they represent. Seriously, where does team spirit come from in pro sports?!

So! The sadistic side of me would probably delight in a Broncos victory.

DeftLeppard

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Carer
I am a fan of the Cleveland Browns; the most pathetic team in the NFL-
Actually, The Detroit Lions proudly hold that title.... along with the record of
Most Losses, Season / Longest Losing Streak in a Season, 16 games (in 16 games season)
Longest Road Game Losing Streak, 26 games
and Longest Road Streak Without Win (Losses or Ties), 26 games.
We've sucked since 1958, never been to a bowl game, and most of us Michiganders wonder if the Lions will make it to a Super Bowl in our lifetime.... Ford will probably sell the team before that happens.... The "curse of Bobby Layne" was supposed to be over in 2008, but we still suck.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I was hoping R. Flemming was going to sing "Old Indian Tom", my high school football fight song. Oh well. I'll probably mildly root for Seattle, only because Cam Chancellor, a Virginia Tech standout, is one of the starting safetys. In a way, I like watching two teams I don't care about because then I don't get all hot and bothered when my team is losing. What I'll really enjoy is the first half commercials.

Coyote_Howl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Carer
Planning to watch though, like most American Football games these days, I'll really watch when it is in the 4th quarter, maybe 3rd. Blame the Europeans for spoiling me on wanting to watch 4 hours of meaninglessness! Those hours are just for commercial watching mainly now, with casual interest in the game.

Rooting for Seattle, because of the two like Seattle better. Of the cities it is a tie though, maybe slight edge to Seattle but in terms of the actual teams lean towards Seattle over Denver.

gigglemuffinz

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Planning to watch though, like most American Football games these days, I'll really watch when it is in the 4th quarter, maybe 3rd. Blame the Europeans for spoiling me on wanting to watch 4 hours of meaninglessness! Those hours are just for commercial watching mainly now, with casual interest in the game.

Rooting for Seattle, because of the two like Seattle better. Of the cities it is a tie though, maybe slight edge to Seattle but in terms of the actual teams lean towards Seattle over Denver.

You monster.

Not going to lie, never understand this. The game is way more of the time settled by the actions of the 1st and 2nd quarter then the 4th in my opinion. Just seeing who wins without any of the drama that lead to it feels so shallow to me. Totally under representing of the previous time by calling it meaningless. :O

So yes, YOU MONSTER.

Love you lovely~

Also Seattle is butts, Peyton Manning forever.

Adventurer

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
  4. Other
Actually, The Detroit Lions proudly hold that title.... along with the record of
Most Losses, Season / Longest Losing Streak in a Season, 16 games (in 16 games season)
Longest Road Game Losing Streak, 26 games
and Longest Road Streak Without Win (Losses or Ties), 26 games.
We've sucked since 1958, never been to a bowl game, and most of us Michiganders wonder if the Lions will make it to a Super Bowl in our lifetime.... Ford will probably sell the team before that happens.... The "curse of Bobby Layne" was supposed to be over in 2008, but we still suck.

I don't know, I think my beloved Bills could give you a run in that department. Never making it to a Super Bowl sucks, but getting so close and missing out four times in a row is a special form of torture. Add to that our ridiculous 14-year streak of no playoffs, the constant threat of the team moving to L.A., and the fact that we've mastered the art of giving away games we were supposed to have in the bag, and you've got a recipe for suffering.

That said I always find myself cheering for the Lions and Browns when they come on. Us franchises who never win anything need to stick together!

As for the Super Bowl, I'm not too wound up about either team. I'm hoping for Denver, since I always liked Manning, but I'm won't be heartbroken with a Seattle win. As other have said, no Patriots automatically makes this a good Super Bowl!

Status
Not open for further replies.