Summer diapering tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NyaowOrNever

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Hey yall! It's getting warmer out, which is wonderful, but it also means approaching diapers a little differently. This will be my second summer in diapers, and I definitely want to wear more than I did last summer. I humbly request to tap the knowledge you've accumulated.

Things about me: I wear to bed every night and during the day if I can, I have a vagina, I'm petite so my primary technique is hiding under baggy pants, I haven't used stuff on my skin besides powder (so many options is confusing 😖), I've somehow never gotten full blown diaper rash. My top diapers at the moment are Bambinos because of how soft they are on the inside and the hook and loop tapes, but I'm considering trying something different because I sweat in them easily.

Reactions: MandyBear
I was a Bambino Magnifico fan until I bought InControl Elite Hybrids; they're a little 'stiffer' than the Bambinos but far more secure and not as warm.

You might give them a try. For summertime use, I often wear a thinner disposable (usually something from Northshore) or a pocket Snap-EZ diaper or one of their AIOs.

Reactions: Jonnythepony
I just got a sample of ABU's cloth-backed preschool design. I usually don't like cloth-backed because of the tapes slipping over time but this one has a plastic landing zone and its not too bulky. Kind of feels like wearing a cloud so I imagine it will be great in warmer weather.

You could try folding excess plastic from the waistline down some more. High waist diapers are typically what make me sweat more.

Two-tape diapers also leave more space between it and my bladder area, so slightly more air circulation/less sweating.

Otherwise cloth backed diapers are generally more 'breathable'

If you live in an area that's consistantly above 90 in the summer and plan to go out diapered, invest in some desitin rash cream. Apply it around your crotch/thigh area and your the top of your butt crack(yes I realize this is not a clinical term). A little goes a long way but it will prevent chafing and irritation from sweat--and that's even if you never intend to wet said diaper.

NyaowOrNever said:
Hey yall! It's getting warmer out, which is wonderful, but it also means approaching diapers a little differently.
Things about me: I wear to bed every night and during the day if I can, I have a vagina, I'm petite so my primary technique is hiding under baggy pants,
Hello and Welcome back.

It seems you have most things figured out, especially wearing under summer clothes.

Are you looking for different diaper options that arent as thick or just may make you sweat less?

The more breathable option would prob be cloth backed, but personally I don't like how they seem to stick to our clothes lol.

A thinner (plastic backed) diaper like the Northshore supreme lite might work too.

I wear every night & sometimes during the day too and wear the Abena M4s (plastic backed) which are pretty thick and havent really found sweating down there to be a problem, prob because they have already been wet in by the time it would be noticable.

Last edited:
I love the warmer weather because I can just wear my diapers outside in our backyard, do some gardening and hang around our pool with my fiancée and her daughter. Can also just wear shorts over my diapers when we go out.

Lyric said:
I love the warmer weather because I can just wear my diapers outside in our backyard, do some gardening and hang around our pool with my fiancée and her daughter. Can also just wear shorts over my diapers when we go out.
You wear openly in front of your fiancé’s daughter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back