Summary Data for Advanced Diaper Reviews (Jan 2018)

Fruitkitty

ADISC Content Editor
Staff
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur
Methodology:

Nearly all ABDL diapers available in the United States in size medium in January 2018 for ~$3.50/diaper or less were purchased to create a panel for testing under the new ADISC testing protocol. Diapers that differed in print but were otherwise the same diaper were treated as the same diaper for the purposes of generating capacity test data. For one diaper that was backordered (ABU Preschool), a stock on hand was used in testing.

Price per diaper was determined based on the lowest price inclusive of shipping I could find on a given diaper at the end of January 2018. For most diapers, this means price was based on buying 1 case. For several diapers sold only in single packs, this means prices was based on buying 1 pack. For one diaper, DC Idyl 2017, this meant price was based on buying one quad-case. For comparisons which involve price, diapers which were grouped as one diaper for capacity because they differed only in print were further subdivided in the cases of Rearz and ABU products for which different prints have different price points.

Results:

Capacity Testing Results for H2O Test and Saline Test (Error Bars are SD)

The results show that Thrust Vector Crinklz is clearly on a tier of its own in both tests. Most other diapers are closer to each other than they are to Crinklz, but a loose next tier would include Tykables Overnights, ABU LittlePawz/Space/Simple, Rearz Safari/Princess/Seduction/InspirePlus, and ABU BareBum.

Correlation Between H2O and Saline Test Results

Correlations Between Dry Mass and H2O Test Results but not Saline Test Results

Noticeably, ABU BareBum improves significantly test and Thrust Vector Crinklz pulls further away from the pack on the saline test relative to the H2O test. While the overall correlation between the two tests is fairly strong, thinner "SAP-heavy" diapers seem to do better with the newer test. Along these lines, there is a weak but significant correlation between dry mass and H2O test result, but not between dry mass and saline test result, which is in line with the idea that SAP, which is lighter than wood pulp, helps a diaper overperform its H2O result.

Price per "Half-Flood" (Error Bars are SD)

Being both a relatively cheap diaper as currently purchased through NorthShoreCare and the clear highest capacity diaper already, Thrust Vector Crinklz easily wins out as the best deal in ABDL diapers. Other top cost-efficient diapers include ABU BareBum which performs on par with other top ABU products at a lower price point, Tykables Overnight which is an excellent all-around choice, and ABU Simple, which with no print is priced cheaper than ABU LittlePawz/Space.

Broadly speaking, most diapers fall into a narrower capacity range than the difference in across the field in pricing. Nearly every diaper available for ~$2/diaper or less is in the top half.

No Apparent Correlation Between Price and Capacity

As of this writing in early 2018, there does not appear to be any correlation at all between price and capacity test result. There are several different factors at play which seem to lead to this result. First, newer manufacturers are in several cases selling diapers with mediocre testing results in only in single packs, which have a higher price per diaper. Second, the diaper that breaks the curve in capacity testing is also one of the cheapest. Third, even among more established manufacturers like ABU and Bambino, their best products are not their most expensive. Fourth, several manufacturers sell the same underlying diapers at different price points but with different prints.

The net result is fairly dramatic, in that it appears that there's very little connection currently between price and performance. This strikes me as a very validating result for the project of testing diapers, as it demonstrates clear value in performing independent testing rather than relying on market signals to assess ABDL diapers.

Last edited:

PlotTwist

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent
Thank you so much for all the work that has gone into this! I love hard data, charts & graphs, etc.

WBxx

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
As an engineer I’m most impressed with your new procedures.

Just one question, has there been any consideration to including the premium medical diapers (Abri-Form M4, ConfiDry 24/7, NorthShore Supreme) in the new testing? From my perspective it would be most interesting to see how they rank against each other as well as the AB diapers.

Good job!!!

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Wow! What a ton of work. Thanks for all the things you do, even diaper reviews.

sotexasDL

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Sissy
Nice job with all the testing and reporting. Some surprising results. Thanks for all the work.

RMS401

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Thank you so much for doing all this fantastic work! This is useful, meaningful, and very much appreciated.

-RMS

Fascinating

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent, Carer
Thank you! I'm not getting much info from the charts. Maybe I should try accessing them form a different device. So we know what the top ABDL diaper is and where to get it. How about Bambino Teddy? Would it be tier 3? Is there a list of which stores to buy which diapers to get the best price? I'm not really on the market right now, but I may decide to buy something eventually.

Sent from my LGL31L using Tapatalk

Neags

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Incontinent
This is an amazing analysis, a really good job!

Ravensteel

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Thank you so much you did an amazing job. I love the charts, made me think of my satistics classes in grad school lol.

TeddyBearCowboy

A real-life, genuine teddy bear cowboy...
Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little
:detective3 I am sincerely impressed with your work Fruitkitty. :claps:

This information is helpful and scientifically correct analysis that sheds light on the cost effectiveness of adult diapers and where you may be able to get the best effectiveness for your money when it comes to capacity.

:detective3 One suggestion, in your research --could you perhaps shed a bit more light on the meaning of the graphs and give some layman's or laywoman's terms as to the meaning of them? While I believe I gained a pretty good understanding of your analysis as I have been through statistics and happen to have a degree in science, but not everyone may be quite as familiar with the graph charts and analysis.

Thank you for the huge amount of time and also expense that went into this project an analysis. I applaud you highly for your work! :worshippy:

-- Also, one aspect that is much more difficult to ascertain is the social science surrounding adult diapers and which ones happen to provide not just capacity, but the "feeling" that goes with wearing diapers as an ABDL.

Capacity is certainly one of the most important things surrounding adult diapers, but how about other tests, such as thickness, crinkleness (noisy vs quiet), softness and comfort, and overall feeling of babyishness :cloud9: (my own invented word) or girlishness :sissy: or not girly, or medical feeling vs. nonmedical. These are more part of the social science that would have to be determined by other measurements as well as survey and opinion. They are also much more open to individual interpretation, but ultimately are some of the most important criteria as to why one purchases a specific diaper over another.

You shared that you will be giving updates to your analysis, I was wondering if these other criteria happen to be part of your plans for review?

-- In any case, thank you for your time, funding, and research that you have given in providing this very helpful information to our community.

:detective3 Teddy Bear Cowboy

skippy6977

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
Great study. I'm happy in Crinklz right now, and they are totally impressive. That said, there's something adorable about the ABU Preschools - including the fact that they tend to get leaky. Anyway, big crinkly pat on your little tushies for doing this.

BlueGrey

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Little
Having studied them all, can you point out the ones that have good side padding for a back or side sleeper? I see the normal design is padding straight up the middle, with a high leak propensity.

Slomo

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Incontinent
Having studied them all, can you point out the ones that have good side padding for a back or side sleeper? I see the normal design is padding straight up the middle, with a high leak propensity.
Yeah, I've tried them ALL! The ONLY disposable I have found which works for side sleepers is Betterdry/Crinklz. Confidry 24/7 comes close, and will also work- but only with a baby diaper booster cupped over your penis. Northshore Supreme comes in third, but starts out too compressed to work good right off the bat.

After that, you're looking at really thick reusable cloth diapers. I've tried them too, but found after a while the added thickness caused a number of problems in my hip alignment (even with a memory foam mattress).

One other remote possibility is to get a reclining bed. While I normally can't fall asleep on my back, I have found that when slightly reclined I CAN fall asleep on my back (though that may just be from my too many, and tiring hospital stays). Short of that, catheters and a bag always works, but at a bit of a trade off for overall comfort.

BlueGrey

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Little
Looks like Betterdry Crinklz does have a spread in the front and back for better protection. Their website quotes in euros. Is Northshore Crinklz the same product, but shippable in US?

- - - Updated - - -

For me, cloth and plastic are best, but I have some travel to do soon, and cloth is difficult.