Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
  6. Carer
I live alone. So I diaper myself. I always jo matter what I do I can never get the diaper tight enough. And I wear a large in pretty much all diaper sizes. Because an XL the Leg cuffs dont touch my skin and they are to big on me. And a medium fits good around the legs. Nice and snug. Just can't get the tapes on all the way and they pop off.

Any suggestions on how I should get the diaper on correctly. I experience leaks after about 3 wettings. But the diaper can hold way more. I don't flood. Just the diapers fit is off. How do you diaper up? Standing? Laying down? Sitting? Just need imput.

I do both standing up and laying down! The method can be applied for but but sub the floor for the wall is all

Line up the back of the diaper with your hips (make sure they wont be in the way of bending your legs) then pull the front of the diaper up between your legs. Start by taping one side of the bottom tapes. Pull your diaper tight on the other side before taping up the second bottom tape. back to the first side, pull the front side wing of the diaper about halfway and secure the tape (angled up prevents the diaper from rolling down) Last tape, pull the other front side wing tight, exhale and tape the final tape tight!

Reactions: WillFord384
Where exactly do you leak and what position(s) are you in when it happens? And have you tried other brands/models? Different diapers can be cut differently, so maybe another brand would work better for your body shape?

Standing with back against a wall and opposite a mirror helps.

depends4me said:
Where exactly do you leak and what position(s) are you in when it happens? And have you tried other brands/models? Different diapers can be cut differently, so maybe another brand would work better for your body shape?
I've tried most brands. And abu is the best fit by far. And I leak standing and even sitting most of the time.

I'm a chubby teddy bear, so i can only do it effectively standing. If someone else is changing me, then definitely while laying down.

TeddyUrsadorable said:
I'm a chubby teddy bear, so i can only do it effectively standing. If someone else is changing me, then definitely while laying down.
I'm a chubby boi too! Haha. I actually tried the stand up this morning and it worked well!

I think your particular physique plays a big part in how a diaper fits. Betterdry fit me perfectly, ABU, Rearz and Northshore all fit just OK.
I prep the diaper by folding it lengthwise, flatten it, then lay down on it and fasten the bottom tapes. Then I stand up, snug up the front and back halves and tape the top. This gives me the very best fit with almost never any leaks even with a totally full diaper. YMMV

i lay down on the ground, and it is kind of an awkward maneuver you have to do with your hands to get the bottom tapes on tight. it took me practice but i think im decent at it now. just pull the wing around your hip as far as it goes and then pull the tape over the front kind of at the same time so youre pulling them both tighter around your leg. just dont pull the tape so far that you pull it off center under you, ive done that before. keep your weight on the diaper so it doesnt move when you do that. good luck just keep practicing.

ElusiveDiaperX said:
I've tried most brands. And abu is the best fit by far. And I leak standing and even sitting most of the time.
Hmm, it sounds like there's definitely a problem. Here's one trick that I discovered years ago. I change standing up, applying the bottom tapes first. To make sure my diaper has the best fit, I will actually put my hand between my legs and push the leg gather up into the fold of my thigh, and then adjust the position of the wing to make sure the leg gather stays there.

Separately, I have also started attaching the bottom tapes as high as possible, to create as large a pocket in the front, so floods don't ricochet as much when I'm not standing. Not applicable to your immediate issue.

Don’t forget to fold hour diaper length wise to create a V and make sure the leg gathers are not stuck to the diaper and are fully up, also what diaper are you using I wear betterdry diapers as my main diaper of choice

Honestly, practice, practice, and practice. There isn’t a one-size-fits-all solution when it comes to getting diaper to fit right on your body. The best thing you can do is experiment with different taping strategies and see what gives you the best fit.

Back